Countdown queues are the problem

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 17 18 19 21 Next
01/20/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Tinymasher
there are NO rules against running with your friends in a bg. NONE

Nope. I said the same exact thing earlier in the thread. So the likelihood is that they will work on a solution.
IF it becomes a "problem" to the exent that the automation apparently did. So they "broke" that... Right?

But their intention was more than perfectly clear. Their actions were what was so argumentably fuzzy.

A lot of that going around.
So off topic...since blizz says over 5 is not allowed, what's up with multiboxers that use more than 5 in a BG? Is that allowed since it's technically one person? Would appreciate any links if anyone knows any info on that.
The only reason its not bannable is they haven't figured out how to tell for sure yet countdown ques are against the rules period GC's tweets and daxx's responses have said that in as nice a way as possible.

Then again most multiboxer's need all the help they can get /shrug.
01/20/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Zeroizer
So off topic...since blizz says over 5 is not allowed, what's up with multiboxers that use more than 5 in a BG? Is that allowed since it's technically one person? Would appreciate any links if anyone knows any info on that.

Agreed. And not really off topic at all considering they must be using the same apporach. Right?

Which i would have to agree is against the "spirit of the experience" - by definition of Blizz.

Maybe someone should say something. =/

Its not they get around it via countdown ques; the absolutely hilarious thing to me is people who run 5 plus accounts talking about having more then 6 friends.
01/20/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Rainbowdash
talking about having more then 6 friends.

Lol... not helping your argument.
01/20/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Warglaive
But their intention was more than perfectly clear. Their actions were what was so argumentably fuzzy.

actually, their actions were to address an exploit the twinks were doing to get into non-twink bgs. the side-effect was to break the preformav (and to a lesser extent, oQueue)

actually, they did not say it wasn't allowed... as they cannot stop it. 5 groups of 5 guildies can queue up and get into the same bg. that's not against the rules.

this game is not made for anti-social types. it's supposed to be multi-player and was, until wotlk. since then, bgs have decended into a drudgery infested with bots and bads... and no one wants to play them.

fact is, coordinated group play has reinvigorated bgs for thousands of people. bots and bot owners be damned.
01/21/2013 12:12 AMPosted by Tinymasher
actually, their actions were to address an exploit the twinks were doing to get into non-twink bgs. the side-effect was to break the preformav (and to a lesser extent, oQueue)

What is true that there's been an increase in pre-made groups disrupting the PvP experience for other players, though. Pre-mades in the normal queue, however they are formed, are not something that we've ever been particularly fond of. It had become more of an issue of late, so we addressed it accordingly.

Ok.... keep telling yourself that.
edit- unless you're saying that it was groups of twinks circumventing the XP eliminator to get into XP games - but in reality that changes very little. But maybe i can understand that better if you could provide a source.

And tell me it's not just conjecture.
Ok.... keep telling yourself that.
edit- unless you're saying that it was groups of twinks circumventing the XP eliminator to get into XP games - but in reality that changes very little. But maybe i can understand that better if you could provide a source.

And tell me it's not just conjecture.

that quote came out after GC's statement of the change effecting premades to be unexpected. a week later they came out with that.

whatever they want to say, i won't pay $15/mon to carry bots & bads any longer... and i'm not alone

if they can work to undermine premades, they could work to limit bots. if THEY don't know how... I do... and i'm not talking about oQueue. oQueue is a community solution to a 4 yr old problem that has been ignored by the company (a proper implementation would be at the server level and wouldn't involve a mesh)

if people didn't want it (oQueue), it wouldn't be so popular
01/21/2013 01:00 AMPosted by Tinymasher
that quote came out after GC's statement of the change effecting premades to be unexpected. a week later they came out with that.

So its complete conjecture. Gotcha. Nothing official whatsoever.

Is this fabulous GC statement the one in which he called it "fixing an exploit"? Linked earlier in the thread?

Was it about premades, or RBG premades? Because the crystal-clear statement you're ignoring says they should still work perfectly. Do they not work perfectly? Allowing you to gather 10+ in a group---> and then GROUP QUEUE the full amount? GROUP? You dont have to countdown queue an RBG premade, do you?

Is that NOT what was "broken"? The automated group queueing for RBG as well? Or was it not...?

Not a work around the limit queue -----> GROUP queue. For the system in which that is not only permitted, but required - RBG. (and wargames?)

But if there's more to it and more source than just you taking it for what you want to take it for, please share. Because it seems an awesome addon when used for the purpose Blizzard intends to allow for. I would love to get more than obviously biased conjecture offered to refute an undeniably crystal-clear statement by Blizz.

I haven't seemed to have gotten any so far. It would be refreshing. If i'm seeing it wrong, that would be super.
=)

edit-
BTW, since i was soon-after frustrated out of the game by my team (weird, huh?) i decided to look for myself.
Nov 27 - GC tweeted the statement about "fixing an exploit"
Nov 28 - GC tweeted the statement about "you mean using a premade to stomp noobs?..."
Nov 30 - Daxx makes a sticky on the subject and RESPONDS ->to the oqueue thread<- that he did so...
Dec 4 - Daxx explains IN DETAIL the reasoning behind that fix. Directly to ----> YOU. In that same thread.

Dont come crying to me about "a week later"... You people are something else. Unreal.
01/21/2013 01:00 AMPosted by Tinymasher
if people didn't want it (oQueue), it wouldn't be so popular

If people didnt want to not pay taxes, then evading them wouldn't be so popular. Doesnt make it "OK" to do.
01/21/2013 01:47 AMPosted by Warglaive
If people didnt want to not pay taxes, then evading them wouldn't be so popular. Doesnt make it "OK" to do.

err... what?? (i'll pretend what you wrote was comprehensible)

people don't want to pay taxes... people do evade taxes as much as possible (ever used a write-off? you've evaded some taxes you could have paid. typical left logic). we did fight a war over throwing taxation without representation (along with many other issues, many of which are revisiting us today). and yes, that fight was 'ok'

Was it about premades, or RBG premades? Because the crystal-clear statement you're ignoring says they should still work perfectly. Do they not work perfectly? Allowing you to gather 10+ in a group---> and then GROUP QUEUE the full amount? GROUP? You dont have to countdown queue an RBG premade, do you?

Is that NOT what was "broken"? The automated group queueing for RBG as well? Or was it not...?

Not a work around the limit queue -----> GROUP queue. For the system in which that is not only permitted, but required - RBG. (and wargames?)

you really have no idea what you're talking about.

since wotlk, there has not been the ability to queue more then 5 into a bg.

preformav NEVER queue'd the whole raid into a bg as one big group. preformav sent a msg to all members of a raid party telling them when to queue up... and the preformav addon loaded on each players machine would receive the msg... and queue the player up... individually. this 'broke' with the 5.1 patch, but not because blizz was trying to stop group queuing... that's absurd. it 'broke' because blizz re-classified a function making it a protected function, which requires direct player interaction in order to be called. this is why preformav ceased working as intended.

oQueue has never asked all members to queue up individually. instead, it sent a msg to the group leaders to queue, which the addon would do for them. when 5.1 came out, the reclassification broke the call. this was a call many boxers would use, pre-oQueue, to queue up their teams.

post 5.1, the group leaders must click the button to queue up. those are the rules, although never written... implied via the api change... which is not officially documented anywhere. which is what group leaders now do in oQueue. the same thing people have been doing since blizz removed the ability to group with your friends (indulging bot owners and anti-social types).

people want long, large scale battles with tactics and strategy where they can pit their cunning and abilities against an opponent (ie: classic AV)... not some bot infested honor grind whose main strat is zerging passed the enemy.

i've had people thank me repeatedly for giving them such an experience again.

i've not ONCE heard anyone say they missed bots and bads
01/21/2013 03:11 AMPosted by Tinymasher
i've not ONCE heard anyone say they missed bots and bads

But you have heard it said more than 5 gaining access to the same BG is not intended. That is the issue. Here. Not oqueue doing what it does within those limitations. What's the topic of this thread? 1st sentence?

01/14/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Squeak
OQueue is not the problem

(edit- BTW, you forgot to mention in that little speech that there is no single-queue for RBG. By design.)

And I'll repeat, because we posted at the same time:

edit-
BTW, since i was soon-after frustrated out of the game by my team (weird, huh?) i decided to look for myself.
Nov 27 - GC tweeted the statement about "fixing an exploit"
Nov 28 - GC tweeted the statement about "you mean using a premade to stomp noobs?..."
Nov 30 - Daxx makes a sticky on the subject and RESPONDS ->to the oqueue thread<- that he did so...
Dec 4 - Daxx explains IN DETAIL the reasoning behind that fix. Directly to ----> YOU. In that same thread.

Dont come crying to me about "a week later"... You people are something else. Unreal.
people don't want to pay taxes... people do evade taxes as much as possible (ever used a write-off? you've evaded some taxes you could have paid. typical left logic). we did fight a war over throwing taxation without representation (along with many other issues, many of which are revisiting us today). and yes, that fight was 'ok'

Maybe, but those are exceptions allowed for by the rules. Not circumvention to the rules. Maybe like the 6+ countdown queues now. Maybe not. You've provided me with nothing more than biased conjecture to go on.

What blizzard had to say about it so far was not hard to base opinion on.

You seem very intent on proclaiming yourself some bold defender of civil rights. This isn't a country you are born into or must live in - it's a game. A game you CHOOSE to play. Or not to play. Their game, their rules.

You ACCEPT THEM when you agree every patch.

Pretending this is some kind of revolution akin to the formation of the United States is laughable. And sad.
You cant take over WoW.

It's not a piece of land for you to stake your claim. It's a service you pay a fee to gain access to. You cant shoo them away with pitchforks if they come to kick you out. It's a game - their game - and they decide the rules. You can voice your opinion, but you cannot stage a coup and take what isnt and never will be yours.

They have yet to throw the hammer down against groups exceeding 5 in normals, and there's no guarantee they ever will - but IF they do... you wont have a damn thing to say about it except, "Ok, I quit. I'm not happy"

That's as much POWER as you're ever going to have. There is no revolution. LOL.
01/21/2013 04:55 AMPosted by Aurellian
those crying had nothing to say about the idea posted in another thread

On either side. Weird, huh?

So those against premades vs. randoms dont mind the idea - or they'd "cry" about it.
And those "for" premades vs. premades dont want the idea - or they'd support it.

But neither has ANY problem complaining on this issue how the other side is wrong. So.... unpredictable. Weird.

Kudos for trying tho, A.
01/21/2013 05:26 AMPosted by Aurellian
It makes on realize why GC uses twitter instead of his companies own forums

Seriously! I just scanned through those tweets today for really the first time (looking for that "source" i requested from Tiny) - He answers like 3 jillion things a day! I really had no idea it was so involved.

I also am not slow to admit i usually kinda like what he's had to say to em. Even when he's being sarcastic.

Actually... mostly when he's being sarcastic. But he seems to handle it all pretty well. Opened my eyes.
A little.

Heck, I wouldnt come here if i were him either.

edit- p.s.
<.<
>.>

I bumped your thread.