5.2 Blacksmithing Plans

Professions
Quoted from MMO-Champion. Could it possibly be the old BC smithing plans? This is interesting no matter what and i will be making a ton of these new ingots to see what procs.

Blacksmithing
•Lightning Steel Ingot - Combine Trillium and Ghost Iron to create a Lightning Steel Ingot. In the process, you may discover a Blacksmithing plan you have yet to learn.
Most likely just a way to learn the new recipes they're releasing next patch. As much as I'd love to be able to make a stunherald, I seriously doubt we'll be able to learn the recipe through this.
01/09/2013 10:55 PMPosted by Pwncess
As much as I'd love to be able to make a stunherald, I seriously doubt we'll be able to learn the recipe through this

I am probably getting my hopes up, just to be dashed, but what better way to bring them back into the game than to have them learnable only by toons that wouldnt use them? They were over powered at 70 and would be useless for 90s due to their stats. They could be brought back with changes, but that would take additional resources that blizzard claims they dont have. Im just hoping we finally get a chance to learn all the patterns that we are missing.
I am probably getting my hopes up, just to be dashed, but what better way to bring them back into the game than to have them learnable only by toons that wouldnt use them? They were over powered at 70 and would be useless for 90s due to their stats. They could be brought back with changes, but that would take additional resources that blizzard claims they dont have. Im just hoping we finally get a chance to learn all the patterns that we are missing.

I would be happy if Blizzard just brought them back as stat-less, BoP transmog items. But you make a good point about them being limited to 90s.
Hm.

Part of the fun of blacksmithing, for me, is the hunt for old, rare plans. I do want to complete my book, but I'm not wild about yet another "discovery" mechanic.
With a daily cooldown, the discovery system will likely be a bad idea. Though I could see it with a weekly cooldown. I do agree that the hunt for patterns can be entertaining, but I also just want them back. Originally I thought they would make good BoE archeology discoveries rather then the constant vendor crap.
As a Blacksmith plan collector I am very intrigued by this. I know that I will be testing this like crazy once it is available on the PTR. Since I literally have every plan ever released except the Weaponsmith plans I will be limited in testing what all is available though. Would be nice to get those 29 plans I'm missing though. Any word on if this will actually be a blacksmithing skill since this sort of thing is usually reserved for Miners? Also is there word on a daily/weekly cool down? 1 a day for something that most people are missing a ton of plans for with no guarenteed discovery is kinda rough.
01/10/2013 09:19 PMPosted by Eagleeye
Any word on if this will actually be a blacksmithing skill since this sort of thing is usually reserved for Miners? Also is there word on a daily/weekly cool down? 1 a day for something that most people are missing a ton of plans for with no guarenteed discovery is kinda rough.

PTR notes had it under blacksmithing. No idea if there will be a cooldown.
Hm.

Part of the fun of blacksmithing, for me, is the hunt for old, rare plans. I do want to complete my book, but I'm not wild about yet another "discovery" mechanic.

This.

Hopefully it doesn't let you discover from every BS recipe. But if not that, then what? Anyone been able to test it?
Any smiths copied over yet? My tailor discovered Crafted Dreadful Gladiator's Silk Hood.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93556
do these new plans not the transmog stuff but actual beneficial gear need to use blood spirits? because if so, wouldn't it be smart to save your blood spirits?
Not that it needs to be fair, but at least half reasonable. Tailoring - already had Imperial Silk pattern, LW-got both patterns in about 50 Mist kills, BS - cant even figure out where to start. Went all over the island did the quests, i still dont see Itoka and guess i wont mess with new bs patterns.
Went all over the island did the quests, i still dont see Itoka and guess i wont mess with new bs patterns.

Cant get to him until the forge area opens. How fast that happens depends on the number of people doing the dailies. Im not sure which phase he is in, im hoping second.
I declare myself the blacksmith with the most plans and soon enough ill have all these new ones...cuz i have all but 6 of the old ones hehe