Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
"Season 13 Gear now available on the Blizzard Store!"

-Starter set $15!
-Season Set + Weapons $25!
-Elite Set and Season Titles $35!
This idea is smart.

Do it. Do it now, blizz
I have a trend to start every content patch strong in PVE, then after the PVE front starts to quiet down, my PVP alts will start to get in the action.

Not that it warrants re-mention as it's been said before, but due to my late start my alts get rolled in open BG's for quite a while before being able to hold their own, by which time the season is normally at it's end. Being able to gear and feel like I'm participating earlier in the season would be a welcome change. (oh yeah, and PVP weapons please)
The issue is rating being tied to gear progression. Rating should only be tied to cosmetics, mounts, titles etc.

There's an easy wasy to fix this.

1) Season conquest cap that increases weekly for all players. No more weekly caps based on rating.

2) Elite weapon made same ilvl as regular conquest weapon just like the Elite armor. Rating should not be providing an ilvl advantage.
O_0

SEE I TOLD YOU THEY READ THE FORUMS

/tinfoilhat
Last time they said they have changes coming to PvP gear they put upgrades in to make the gear difference even bigger :0

Would not get your hopes up lads.

This ^
I think it's a poor design decision to reduce gear cost mid-season. This encourages majority of players (since majority will be comprised of the casual ones) to wait until the drop to participate. This can have really huge ramifications on queue times and so forth at the start of a new season which would make the whole experience detrimental to everyone.

A better similar model, is instead of reducing the cost of gear over time during the season you instead incrementally increase the base conq cap (the cap for people without any good ratings to their name) for players who participated the previous week. This will encourage players at low ratings to keep on playing, getting better, playing more often, and feeling rewarded for keeping at it each week; rather than seeming like a mindless chore to do "10 games for pts."
Last time they said they have changes coming to PvP gear they put upgrades in to make the gear difference even bigger :0

Would not get your hopes up lads.

┬──┬ ¯\_(ツ) <----See this table?

I will flip it if you happen to jinx us.

Just increase battle fatigue by another 15%

That'll fix everything

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm not even sure what we are talking about anymore. Laughing too hard at these posts.
Just increase battle fatigue by another 15%

That'll fix everything

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

lmfao.

Win

┬──┬ ¯\_(ツ) <----See this table?

I will flip it if you happen to jinx us.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm not even sure what we are talking about anymore. Laughing too hard at these posts.

I'm not quite sure why he ran to the other side of the table to flip it though...
Hopefully they let you buy conquest gear with honor on your alts after you've bought the equivalent piece on your main at full price... that would be totally chiller...
There are a number of things they could do to help BGs; here's what I would suggest, in order of priority.

Easy: Reduce the season requirement for the Malevolent Gladiator Weapon to the cost of the most expensive weapon. So everyone gets their weapon after earning 3500 conquest, not 7250. This will reduce the time spent in weaponless purgatory.

Also Easy: Get rid of the daily 100/50/50 conquest award system. Award 150 Conquest for each BG win; full stop. People who are good will hit their weekly cap of 1000 quickly and go away. The rest of us then get a shot at earning Conquest. It also dis-incentivizes the bots, since they don't need to keep coming back for 50 more Conquest. And you can do it all on a Saturday. This is the exact formula the HoT dungeons in Cata used to award Valor; it should be pretty reasonable.

Slightly harder: Eliminate the call to arms system for BGs. If you want to earn Conquest, be prepared to face a random battleground. This is just like heroic dungeons. This will make things a bit more difficult for the bots and pre-mades, since they won't know what BG their getting and whether or not they can GY camp.

More difficult: introduce a reward system for players with high enough iLvl. This would work as follows: if the win ratio for a faction drops to 33% for an hour, high level players get a satchel if they queue and complete a BG. This will hopefully pull enough well geared players into the BGs to make things competitive again.

Hardest: don't award Conquest for "Dishonorable wins" The problem here is defining dishonorable win, but if one team outgears the other by some percentage, or otherwise plays unfairly, reduce or take away their conquest.

Anyway, just I thought I'd try to make some constructive suggestions.

I'm not quite sure why he ran to the other side of the table to flip it though...

(╯°□°)╯︵/(.□.\) Don't flip me bro
Personally, I'd really like blizz to add some blue PvP items that you can purchase using HP BEFORE you hit 90. That way you can have at lease a fighting chance in battlegrounds once you ding 90.
01/11/2013 07:25 AMPosted by Unhealthy

Needed exercise.
I think it's a poor design decision to reduce gear cost mid-season. This encourages majority of players (since majority will be comprised of the casual ones) to wait until the drop to participate. This can have really huge ramifications on queue times and so forth at the start of a new season which would make the whole experience detrimental to everyone.

A better similar model, is instead of reducing the cost of gear over time during the season you instead incrementally increase the base conq cap (the cap for people without any good ratings to their name) for players who participated the previous week. This will encourage players at low ratings to keep on playing, getting better, playing more often, and feeling rewarded for keeping at it each week; rather than seeming like a mindless chore to do "10 games for pts."

Why would someone wait a couple months and not participate just to get the cheaper gear have way through the season? That doesn't make any sense. PvPers are still going to start capping their mains as soon as they can since I'd assume even with price decay you'd be able to get almost a full set before the decay started to take effect.

This isn't to help people with low rating either, this is to help alts. Cata was a nightmare trying to gear up an alt, especially with how ridiculous the number bloat has gotten with stats, even having 2-3 more pieces than someone else gives you a huge advantage. This is why they're just going to lower the cost on the gear. If they just increased the cap then alts would just have to fight through that many more games with crappy gear while getting boned just because they chose to level a different toon first.

They either need to make the gear easier to get as the season goes on or they need to make gear not so friggen important.
IMO it really doesnt matter the pvp game now is so rediculous whatever the decided action is alot are leaving =\
It goes like this usually on our battlegroup (horde owned totally 80%) run to were ever with group get feared,stunned,feared,pulled 2 ways,iced,feared,rooted,dased,feared killed by at least 5 DEAD..DEAD..DEAD
As a rogue with one trink out(2mcd) 1 stealth....there is NO WAY outta that kind of game and it happens EVERY GAME NO FAIL!
Complaining nope just telling it like it is worse pvp in any mmorpg history....2 mos to get one piece of gearROFLMAO..I quit!!!

So you basically included everything that is a cc EXCEPT what rogues can do...I'm guessing you think you're not as capable to cc people as well?

Point 2...no way? Really? Call me crazy, but you have stealth and vanish and smokescreen (smokebomb, whatever) and can stunlock and dash, etc. Plus a trink which everyone else has. Granted you are no mage who can blink/iceblock out of anything or a druid who can shapeshift out of, like, EVERYTHING, but you still have utility. Use it. Your battlegroup may be bad, but mine's not great and I still manage wins, and gear, and love pvp. If you don't like playing rogue (that being the issue) in PvP then switch it up.

It's absolutely NOT the worst PvP mmorpg games have to offer.

Finally, it doesn't take 2 months to get a single piece of gear bro; don't know how often you PvP but it CLEARLY isn't much, because in less than 1 month I have what I have on now, and I barely get on (I have maybe a few hours every Wednesday to play, and a few scant hours here or there during the week; gf aggro).

C'mon man stopp QQ'in and start pew pew'in.

Cheers,

Arës
FWIW, I pretty much gave up on WoW PVP because of the inherent imbalance of the gear system. The other way to fix it would be to use gear normalization for non-ranked PvP.