Is Samwise still around?

General Discussion
Samwise please come back! We don't want you in Starcraft, we need you here, we miss your love for orcs and we want you to keep making buttons in World of Warcraft.
01/17/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Bashiok
He's art director on StarCraft II, so most of his time is spent there, but he still does some concepts and bits for Warcraft now and again.

Is he the one responsible for the fat goliath?!
I am glad he is still around at blizzard. I always liked his art work :)
Bring him back to Warcraft! I want to know more about the gnome he destroyed in an Alterac Valley and we want more ORC art .
I'd think he'd want to be in on the Pandaren. Considering their origin and all.
01/17/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Crepe
I'd think he'd want to be in on the Pandaren. Considering their origin and all.
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=64694
http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/gallery.php?artist=samwise

Newer art is at the bottom of each section with older art at the top. New color art is just above old black & white art.
Thinking about it more clearly, I have changed my mind, and retract my previous statements.
Can someone clue me in in what does Corpsegrinder incident mean?
To be perfectly honest, I admired him and his work a lot, up until the Corpsegrinder incident at Blizzcon 2011.

Nowadays, I absolutely can't come to terms with the fact that one of the main creative forces at Blizzard is so biased towards the Horde that he allows something like that to happen, effectively alienating half of the player base of his most successful game.

I still admire his work (this amazing expansion that we are enjoying right now would not exist without his realization of the Pandaren, after all), but him as a person - not so much anymore. I hope he continues working in Starcraft and wish him success in there, but I truly hope that he remains away from WoW. Let others, who have less biased views and can create compelling stories for both sides, contribute to this game.

Basically this. I don't care where he is, just as long as he isn't involved in WoW anymore.
To be perfectly honest, I admired him and his work a lot, up until the Corpsegrinder incident at Blizzcon 2011.

Nowadays, I absolutely can't come to terms with the fact that one of the main creative forces at Blizzard is so biased towards the Horde that he allows something like that to happen, effectively alienating half of the player base of his most successful game.

I still admire his work (this amazing expansion that we are enjoying right now would not exist without his realization of the Pandaren, after all), but him as a person - not so much anymore. I hope he continues working in Starcraft and wish him success in there, but I truly hope that he remains away from WoW. Let others, who have less biased views and can create compelling stories for both sides, contribute to this game.

Just go away. It was all in good fun and if you actually take the faction stuff that seriously you're just embarrassing yourself.

Basically this. I don't care where he is, just as long as he isn't involved in WoW anymore.
Samwise and Metzen practically created the Alliance as much as they created the Horde. They make fun of these things like sports teams. You need to come back to planet Earth, seriously. This is pathetic that you would denigrate a person this much for something so innocent and silly. Maybe you're just not used to socializing with butt rockers and metal heads, but you're just spinning the situation into the worse context possible.
The Corpsegrinder thing was unfortunate, but Morhaime issued an apology for it. If it's impossible to forgive them when they've done pretty much everything they can reasonably do to make amends, there's not really much more left to say.

I don't think Samwise is permanently gone from WoW. He and Metzen pretty much set the tone for the art style of the game, so even if he's not doing more than contributing a concept piece every now and again, his stamp is indelibly etched into the DNA of the game. I'm not going to throw all of that out the window because a death metal singer, one of the particular breeds of metalheads who are designed to be monstrously abrasive and destructive as a matter of course, decides to play himself on stage on Samwise' invite.

Just go away. It was all in good fun and if you actually take the faction stuff that seriously you're just embarrassing yourself.

Second.
You guys are too sensitive and childish, grow up kids, no one cares about that anymore, everyone has their favorite side, almost all the CM are alliance, Metzen loves Thrall which means more stuff for the Horde, Sam CREATED THIS WORLD together with Metzen he deserves to be in Warcraft and not that ghost game Starcraft (no one plays that, like diablo), really I remember Alliance kids crying about lore in Wotlk and they had the best leveling experience and the best lore too (Arthas everywhere) and the horde didn't. Sam come back!