sacred shield needs to be changed

Arenas
In 3s every time i put sacred shield up its either stolen or dispelled versus a sham, priest, or mage it should not be dispelled or at least the long term one should not be dispelled that's the only thing i think pallys need.
I think it needs to be done away with all together, why the !@#$ do pallys have absorbs in the first place, they are %^-*ing plate.
01/09/2013 08:48 AMPosted by Tiberìus
I think it needs to be done away with all together, why the !@#$ do pallys have absorbs in the first place, they are %^-*ing plate.

If only you didn't have some way to make your damage bypass armour

Oh wait
Does plate even matter anymore at this point?
Sacred Shield costs 0 mana and has a 6 second CD.

Everyones subjected to dispellable mechanics.

Shamans have Earthshield, tidal Wave, Ancestral Vigor, Earthliving, Riptide, Unleash Weapon, Unleash Fury, Ancestral Swiftness, Spiritwalkers grace*

Druids have Lifebloom, Rejuv, Clearcasting, Livingseed, Nature's Swiftness, Nature's Grasp, Innervate, Harmony(?)

Discs have Renew, Prayer of mending, Power Word: Shield, Divine Insight, Divine Aegis, Grace, Spirit Shell.

Mistweavers have renewing mist, uplift, enveloping mist, and a 3min cd that can currently be dispelled.

While I agree that dispels are obnoxious, I'd have to say that a mana free Sacred Shield vs purge (costs 9840 mana) is kind of a sweet deal. Sacred Shield is a 5 second pulse on an absorb spell thats 20,000+ x6 over the duration of 30 seconds. if undispelled that would grant around 120,000 potential damage reduction over the course of its duration. Remember, it costs nothing but a GCD.

If Sacred Shield needs special treatment, then it's safe to suggest that all unique class specific buffs would like to be considered special too.
I think the bigger issue atm is dispells in general, and those mainly being purge. Purge is simply to strong at it stands. With almost no trade off, purging targets clean is simply to easy.

With shamans dominating every bracket, its going to be an issue for awhile. If your team can keep up pressure and force the shaman to heal with those gcds rather then purge, then you'll have a lot more room to work with.
01/09/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Refusenik
Mistweavers have renewing mist, uplift, enveloping mist, and a 3min cd that can currently be dispelled.
Uplift isn't dispellable, at least not directly... I mean dispelling renewing mist obviously hinders the use of uplift. But either way, there are actually more that is dispellable/purgable.

However I do agree, every healer is susceptible to dispells, why should paladins be any different?
01/09/2013 02:12 PMPosted by Goonhah
The bigger issues is offensive dispels.

indeed, there needs to be a much higher cost and cooldown to dispels

there is no choice, if its dispellable its gone.
indeed, there needs to be a much higher cost and cooldown to dispels

there is no choice, if its dispellable its gone.
Indeed, they have already done this to mages... But the reason why they haven't done it to shamans yet is because all 3 specs play differently.

Restoration is a healing spec, therefor cannot spend to much mana on purge.

Enhancement doesn't even have a large mana pool, so an increase to its cost would likely make it un-usable for this spec.

Elemental seems to be a fine spec to change purge with, but to be honest there aren't that many of them anyways to make a change all that noticeable.
i miss the sacred shield from wrath. Not a huge shield but would reapply every 6 seconds and absorb those diseases from a dk.
01/09/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Refusenik
While I agree that dispels are obnoxious, I'd have to say that a mana free Sacred Shield vs purge (costs 9840 mana) is kind of a sweet deal. Sacred Shield is a 5 second pulse on an absorb spell thats 20,000+ x6 over the duration of 30 seconds. if undispelled that would grant around 120,000 potential damage reduction over the course of its duration. Remember, it costs nothing but a GCD.
How do you think priests feel :I?
(disc/holy)
lol just buff pallys more that makes sense