ALL Patch 5.1 Pet Battle Bugs Listed

Pet Battles
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
01/07/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Simca
If the enemy pet is Blinded, Belly Slide will always hit. As such, it is basically a zero cooldown Nocturnal Strike. The tooltip says nothing about this.

This was the bug I was making a fuss about keeping secret.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, and it's only happened a few times so I'm not 100% sure about it being a bug or the correct conditions:

When I die from a Stun Seed and I have Leech Seed applied to me, the enemy will be healed for however much HP I lost from the stun seed hitting, either instead of or in addition to the amount of the leech seed.
One bug I have noticed and it "bugs" me personally is when I use Rag against the Pandaren Water spirit it never fails if he uses his underground ability to get 3 free attacks I always get: Warning unavailable instanceaura invalid <insert no.>

And the number inserted is like always 11 or 16. It stops the fight dead. Plus sometimes when I start a fight with the pandaren water spirit it stops before it even begins. This is the only time I have encountered this problem.

When I first started fighting the pandaren spirits whenever I would battle the pandaren earth elemental my fight would stop mid fight and just stop. I mean it would like jump out of the battle sequence. That was very aggravating especially if you were finally winning one. But that hasn't happened any lately.

I didn't see any of these listed in your list of bugs but I might have overlooked them cause there are so many bugs. lol

That one is already listed.
01/07/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Discodoggy
If the enemy pet is Blinded, Belly Slide will always hit. As such, it is basically a zero cooldown Nocturnal Strike. The tooltip says nothing about this.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, and it's only happened a few times so I'm not 100% sure about it being a bug or the correct conditions:

When I die to to a Stun Seed and I have Leech Seed applied to me, the enemy will be healed for however much HP I lost from the stun seed hitting, either instead of or in addition to the amount of the leech seed.

I'm willing to bet that ALL end of turn abilities interact with siphon life/leech seed this way. You could probably get Ice Tomb or Gyser or Whirlpool to heal for massive amounts.
01/07/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Discodoggy

Also, the amount of damage isn't even that big of a deal (but probably should be fixed regardless). Since it requires darkness, 2 ghostly skulls would pretty much almost keep up with his damage (you'll basically 2 shot most pets anyways with spectral strike + ghostly bite where penguin would need 3).

Anyways, things tend to get fixed faster if people are abusing them :/
01/07/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Surrender
I'm willing to bet that ALL end of turn abilities interact with siphon life/leech seed this way. You could probably get Ice Tomb or Gyser or Whirlpool to heal for massive amounts.

Surrender and I did a bunch of testing on this issue and could not recreate it except with Curse of Doom/Siphon Life and Leech Seed/Stun Seed. Don't know why, but that's just the way it is.

Oreooze: the Tidal Wave vs Sons of the Flame issue is listed already, but let me know if you the Earth Elemental bug occurs again and what was happening at the time where it crashes.

Things I need to add to the list still:
  • Cocoon strike animation bug (caused by Cyclone and maybe others) (appears to be clientside)
  • Cocoon strike tooltip should mention it causes you to go last on the second turn and roots you.
  • Stun Seed + Leech Seed should be added to the Curse of Doom + Siphon Life entry.
  • (from testing earlier) Pets who move at the same speed do not gain bonus damage from Pounce (and friends) or bonus hits from Thrash (and friends) from going first.
  • (from testing earlier) If a pet that moves faster attacks with Thrash (or Blitz or whatever) against a pet using Reflection, the reflected attack will attack 2-3 times instead of the correct 1-2 times. However, moves that use bonus damage like Pounce and Tail Sweep work correctly.
  • (from testing earlier) If you use Reflection against a Dragonkin who uses Call Lightning AND the reflected Call Lightning causes the enemy Dragonkin to go below 25% HP, the enemy Dragonkin's passive will proc. We could not get this to happen with any other type of pet or using any other weather effects.
Are you sure about the cocoon strike bug that means you can't be dodged or miss? Because I just had a cocoon dodge against me. The cocoon only lasts one round which might be what is confusing the issue?
01/07/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Jitterbug
Are you sure about the cocoon strike bug that means you can't be dodged or miss? Because I just had a cocoon dodge against me. The cocoon only lasts one round which might be what is confusing the issue?

The bug that all blocks have is that they are removed no matter what simply for being attacked. Even if you were to dodge or the enemy was to miss it is still removed.

Easiest way to see this is on the outlands tamer when his nether whelp casts evasion + block. You can knock his shield off even when he has 100% evasion. Same thing happens with wisp. You can put up blind, and you will always lose your shield on the next attack.

Edit: I may have read this wrong. Did you say someone with the buff up was able to "dodge"? The animation does bug out sometimes and stays stuck, but if it's like soulward then it should fall off no matter what attack you do (which is probably not working as intended).
Oh right, right! On the trolley now.

ETA: a big DODGE came up on my screen and the whole cocoon moved as if dodging. Not a stuck animation bug they still had the cocoon buff and all that as they had just cast it. I can't remember if the cocoon dropped at that point or after the end of the round though.
Oh right, right! On the trolley now.

ETA: a big DODGE came up on my screen and the whole cocoon moved as if dodging. Not a stuck animation bug they still had the cocoon buff and all that as they had just cast it. I can't remember if the cocoon dropped at that point or after the end of the round though.

If that is the case then, it may just be soulward that is bugged.

I guess the easiest way to test it would be to have a wisp flash and switch in a moth. See if the other pet can knock cocoon strike off 100% of the time.
I'll play around and see if I can replicate it in a bit.
01/06/2013 05:39 PMPosted by Simca
If Curse of Doom and Siphon Life are both present on an enemy, occasionally the attacking pet will be healed for the amount of damage caused by Curse of Doom instead of the static amount from Siphon Life.

That's a misunderstanding. Full heal should occur if COD kills target. It's not written on tooltip, so many do not realize it.
Why do you think a full heal should occur from a CoD kill? Has that been stated anywhere?

Go try and get CoD to heal you EVER without siphon life on the target. It won't because it is a bug with how the two interact.
I know it's not a bug, but it should be. FFF one hits 1-2-3. It's stupidly overpowered. Those 2 skills for all other mech pets are on the same tier, they are only not that way on FFF making it a #1 pet.
RNG RNG MF'N RNG.
Hah, in looking at the Lift-Off style skills, it looks like we forgot about the most fearsome of all the murloc arena warriors: http://www.wowdb.com/pet-abilities/761-heroic-leap

I wonder if Blizzard did too; maybe Reflection still works like the way it did pre-5.1 vs Heroic Leap?
I did it... now just to wait for imgur to actually upload my picture instead of bombarding me with giraffes.

Had the opponent miss me while I was in a cocoon, the cocoon then remained till it was broken by their next attack (in the following round). You can see the combat log in the screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/l11Gs.jpg

So it seems cocoon strike is not experiencing the bug. Can try and test blocks to confirm also if desired.
01/07/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Jitterbug
So it seems cocoon strike is not experiencing the bug. Can try and test blocks to confirm also if desired.

i reflected a cocoon strike on my anubisath idol once and my idol had the cocoon on him for the remainder of the fight, even after being successfully struck.
Not the bug I was referring to >.>
I did it... now just to wait for imgur to actually upload my picture instead of bombarding me with giraffes.

Had the opponent miss me while I was in a cocoon, the cocoon then remained till it was broken by their next attack (in the following round). You can see the combat log in the screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/l11Gs.jpg

I wasn't doubting ya on this one (as I hadn't extensively tested Cocoon Strike as much as I had Soul Ward).

If they've done something to change Soul Ward though that would be interesting to know, but best to my knowledge it still drops no matter what.

On the plus side, that pretty much confirms that Soul Ward IS bugged, and when/if this bug is fixed, wisp may very well become a top teir pet.
I mostly wanted to confirm it for myself as I had seen the dodge during my dailies when I wasn't really paying 100% attention and could have been mistaken.