Please Help ?

Monk
Greetings everyone, I hope you're all well.

I have read everything I can about this mistweaver, some of it makes sense to me, but for the most part I have used noxxic,com, and the wow wowreforge.com and to be honest I am not very happy with the results I'm seeing by using these site and advice.

I know I am not very well geared yet, but please over look that fact. I should be able to do more than 19k per second in raids.

I love my mistweaver but not very happy with it's performance. It does fine in heroic mop dungeons .

It seems every site I read or optimizer keeps stacking haste haste haste, when I think I should be stacking more intell, spirit, and crit, and mastery

Honestly I think these sites are guessing what this class needs.

Can someone please help me squeeze all the healing I can out of the gear I have now ?

Sincerely,
Zenfoo
Instead of Noxxic and Wowreforge.com, go to Icyveins and askmrrobot respectively.
Int > Spirit (to comfort; see below) > Haste to 3148 or 4277 (see below) > Crit >>>>>>>>>> Mastery.

Spirit:

Some highly progressed MWs are using in excess of 12k Spirit; others are running with as little as 7k. What we tend to suggest is keep stacking Spirit until you don't tend to run run OOM.

Haste:

All Haste reforging should be done while in Stance of the Fierce Tiger, otherwise you have to do extra math to take into account the 50% buff we get to the Haste on our gear when in Serpent Stance.

If you get the 5% spell haste buff from your raid, then you need 3148 Haste (... in Tiger... ) to get the 2 extra ticks of Renewing Mist.

If you do not reliably get the 5% spell haste buff from your group, then you need 4277 Haste (... in Tiger...) to get ther 2 extra ticks of Renewing Mist.

Crit:

Once you've reached the Haste threshhold you're shooting for, dump everything you've got into Crit. Crit is a regen stat for us because every time you generate a stack of Mana Tea, you have a chance (equal to your Crit chance) to generate *two* stacks instead of one.

Additionally, Mistweavers from Blood Legion tested running Crit-heavy builds vs Mastery-heavy builds; they found that they got pretty much the same healing #s for their Mastery healing no matter whether they ran Mastery-heavy or Crit-heavy. Yet when they ran Crit-heavy builds, the increase in their healing was noticeable.

Talents:

Currently, RJW is the least good option for our lvl 90 talents. Chi Torpedo does stupid amounts of healing for stacked healing situations, doesn't "cost" anything to use, has up to 3 charges (if you spec Celerity), and a short cooldown on those charges. Alternately, Xuen is an amazing healing cooldown.

Hope that helps some!
Thank you all so much. I have changed gems, and reforged a bit differently, still has to reset talent to Chi Torpedo after reading this, but my healing increased already to the point that I'm in the 30+K range now, and out healing many better geared raid healers. A little more tweeking and I should hit the 40k range, then when in better gear look out ! :)

Thank you so much
I can't really tell you if you are doing something wrong or not as you did not say what rotation you are using :p

What I do:

Firstly, put jade serpent statue down, obviously. Then i throw out Renewing mists on a target who is neer 2-3 other people, so it spreads to them. (I always throw Renewing mists out as soon as its off CD) I am then normally always channelling Soothing mists on one of the tanks to heal minimal damage he or she is taking. so you should ALWAYS be healing.

The rest depends on what's happening. For example if there is heavy single target damage being taken, I Channel Soothing mist on the target and throw enveloping mists on to them as well. I use surging mist if and only if nessicary. By nessicary I mean if there health is constantly dropping quickly, in which case i would Also use Life cocoon.

So, intense single target damage: Soothing mists > Enveloping mist > Life cacoon (if needed ) > Surging mist. (Keeping Renewing mist on the tank too)

Instense aoe damage: Renewing mists (put on as many targets as possible, use as soon as it is off CD, using thunder focus tea helps as it refreshes your renewing mists) > Uplift twice > Chi brew > Chi wave > Uplift once > Xuen the white tiger > Revival (if needed)

Repeat Renewing mists (put on as many targets as possible, using thunder focus tea helps) and uplift as much as possible :)

I only use spinning crane if I need to be moving and healing, like on the rings on first boss in HoF. Or if we are stacked, spinning crane kick generates Chi pretty quickly too. To be building up chi to continually use uplift, keep using soothing mists whenever you are not doing anything, use a few surging mists on the lowest health party members to build it faster if needed, just make sure you have some mana tea to regain your mana.

In my guild raid I was normally the top healer doing about 30-40k hsp, depending on the fight, as high as 50hsp on others.

My equipped ilvl is 475 in MW spec.

Hope this helped.
I do about the same as you, however I found that I don't like Chi Torpedo for raids, Vaults is very unforgiving if the chained link between players is broken, so movement enhancing effects are not a good idea, I'm switching back to rushing jade wind.

But since I first posted this thread my healing has almost doubled and rated 2nd in my last raid. which isn't bad for a half geared monk healer. I'm not having any mana issues and it seems I have plenty of haste, I am no longer using noxxic or wowreforge, those 2 sites are completely wrong and seem to be guessing more than anything, especially since noxxic shanges the talent tree every week for many classes
01/13/2013 11:54 PMPosted by Zenfoo
I do about the same as you, however I found that I don't like Chi Torpedo for raids, Vaults is very unforgiving if the chained link between players is broken, so movement enhancing effects are not a good idea, I'm switching back to rushing jade wind.

if you're talking about the opening fight, Xuen does wonders for me, Rushing jade wind made it hard because my group found it hard to stack often enough to do well with this.
I can't thank you all enough, the sites and info that was given here has really improved my performance. I found out I was forged wrong, gemmed wrong, and my talent tree was'nt correct. I'll never trust noxxic ever again. I still have to learn my way around the other sites but I will..

I can hardly believe the difference you all helped me make on this monk. I truly thank you all.

Sincerely,
Zenfoo
01/14/2013 12:09 AMPosted by Daiyoukai
if you're talking about the opening fight, Xuen does wonders for me, Rushing jade wind made it hard because my group found it hard to stack often enough to do well with this.

I found that when using jade wind it's best to be targeted on the tank or tanks, especially when working large pulls, the crit heals from jade wind is amazing then it also boosts my spinning crane kick heals. But then again I farm in mistweaver spec, so the extra dmg from it and crane kick, when killing 8 to 12 Mushon and turtles is nice.

But what's really odd is I got a few upgrades last week in LFR and went back to the sites given here, and my healing sucks again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. or if people in raids just don't understand that stacking is important for healers using aoe heals.

I'm a very aggressive player/healer If I see the party in trouble I am the first one to jump right in the middle of mobs and go to spin healing. I've tried everything to squeeze more than 20k out of this toon. I am seriously thinking about Working on my Shammy, or change my pally to heals. But would lag also affect my heals ?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592641510

shameless self advertising, and what meditation said is good as well.
01/14/2013 12:09 AMPosted by Daiyoukai

Xuen heals ? This is the first time I have heard this, even the sticky doesn't mention it healing, just fighting. I have used it a few times when I was in windwalker spec
Xuen does damage, which is converted to eminence healing for MW monks.
K specific guide:

TFT before raid damage->uplift/chi torpedo
healing sphere LARGE single target damage, else eminence (you could soothing/EnvM, but its lower HPM psure.)
I think I should mention this is my very first healing toon. I really enjoy healing better than I ever thought I would. After lvl 15 I hardly did any quests. I stayed in dgns all the way to lvl 90.
01/22/2013 12:10 PMPosted by Zenfoo
Xuen heals ? This is the first time I have heard this, even the sticky doesn't mention it healing, just fighting. I have used it a few times when I was in windwalker spec

Yes, Xuen does heal as long as you have your statue up. I usually use Xuen for 5 mans and Chi Torpedo for raids. I'll stand back with the ranged and torpedo up to melee, then just hold the down arrow key and torpedo back to where I was. But I think Xuen would be great for raids too.

I admit I haven't really tried Rushing Jade Wind in a raid yet, its just too much mana. I can't really say what's up with your numbers, your int and spirit are close to mine, and I'm pretty happy with my healing. Maybe try Power Strikes instead of Chi Brew? I also use Chi Burst instead of Chi Wave...try to stand behind ranged and cast it on someone in melee....or reversed. I guess its just about finding out what works best for you, and don't follow everything sites like noxxic say.
Since it's your first healer, I'm gonna say this. Your numbers can vary wildly in LFR week to week. It all depends on who you get grouped up with. You might have been getting sniped by absorbs. Or, you may have been late on some of your heals. Basically, it's not like DPS where you get better and better numbers as time goes on. It's usually the opposite because people outgear the fights and get better at them, which require less healing.

On the other hand, I still get LFR groups where I (and at least 2 other healers) need to be doing max HPS the entire fight and not just on the day phase because people INSIST on standing in front of Tsulong's breath in the night phase. Whereas in my 10m, I only need to put Renewing Mists on people to keep them topped off and the other healers are doing very little as well and then I can burst heal crazy numbers on Tsulong herself.
01/22/2013 02:43 PMPosted by Habreberry
Or, you may have been late on some of your heals.

This makes a lot of sense. My new pc crashed due to a former room mate's child spilling milk into my new pc. So here I am back on the 11 yr old vista system. Lag could be a huge factor.

After checking recount I noticed that I was the top over heals, which probably means as you said, my heals were probably a little late.

As soon as I can I will get a new pc. because on my warlock and other toons I know my dps would be even better than 4th or 5th out of 25, if it weren't for the lag on this old system
Ok I just figured out why my hps sucks. all this time I thought this was a casting only toon, that healed better via casting. I was just about to change this toon to dps when a friend sat down with me and explained it does better healing while in melee. All this time I have been casting my azz off, working this toon over time trying to get better numbers, then to find out that I only needed to cast in emergencies ?

Now I understand what you all meant by eminence healing. well I get the idea, but still hasn't quite figured it all out yet..

I am supposed to be right there in the mix with the melee'ers ? If so now I understand how Chi Torpedo would help in "some" cases
After changing my heals style to the way this monk is supposed to heal, rather than from a distance. yes my healing did increase, but at the same time I was having to stand in crap under my feet to stay in melee, to do those eminence heals.

Then we have those tanks that don't understand the MW monk's healing style and yells, screams and act like a 3 year old saying that "healers aren't supposed to do melee" and vote kicks.

I truly liked this monk at first but the more I find out about it's abilities, I think I personally would do much better healing with a caster