Protection Paladin PvP

Paladin
Post Limit:
Hey everyone! I am running around as a protection Paladin, minding my own business, leveling, and doing quests as I run into a bunch of allies in Northrend. Some of them go down with a few abilities, while others stay up forever, and some just wipe the floor with me.

I have just a few questions.... How do I beat Priests? If I catch one off guard, and use my Fist of Justice ability on them, then hit Avenger's shield, and Holy Wrath, along with Judgment, and they just fall, fast. But, other times, against the same player, we can go for hours, neither of us dropping, even when I rebuke their Flash Heal, and then stun them with Fist of Judgement, letting out all my powerful abilities at once, they just refill back up to full health. Any tips on getting past a situation like that?

As for my second one....

It's for against a Hunter... They can, and will wipe the floor with me. I open with Fists of Judgment, but they always seem to be Immune from it, and they just use ranged attacks against me, silencing me, and just completely destroying me. Are paladins terrible against Hunters, or is there something I do not know?

I know I am only level 72 at the moment, but this is just World PvP, not ganking, not over powered character fighting a lower level one, but same level range.
As prot you wont kill anything.

Sry but its true
I was asking about tips on how to help me kill stuff though. Like I said in my post, I'm able to destroy certain people, but other times, the same people are able to just go toe to toe with me for hours.
hunters as prot? well you are really never going to beat a good one sorry.
I played prot last exp and did well then they nerfed them into the ground now I play holy even as ret you wont beat good hunters well hell good anything pallys are in a bad position right now.
really your best bet is to go ret if you want to kill things in pvp as a pally. Best you can hope for while prot is a stalemate.

The thing with hunters at your lvl is you dont have a good counter to stampede (which i believe they have by then) all you can do is bubble or hop thru it. Hop is better b/c bubble doesnt even last the duration of stampede.

Use soj vs ranged to slow them so you can do dmg, pop hop when they pop stampede, heal yourself up while hop'ed, once hunter and pets are not red anymore pop dmg cds, foj, and eat his face.

The only issue with the above strat is if they use deterance when you pop wings, etc. If so just stay close to them till the blades spinning around them disappear and then face smash time!
Ah, thank you for the tips Icandygriz. I was just wondering how to deal with them, because I get owned by them way too damn quickly lol.
They said Prot was dead in 4.1 so I got ~2k arena rating as Prot/Boomy.

They said Prot was dead in 4.2 so I got 1800~ RBG rating as a dps spot in RBGs (yes, you read that right.)

They said Prot was dead in 4.3 so I ...
You see where I'm going with this? Don't let anyone tell you what spec you can & cannot be successful* as.

As far as killing priests - a general tip; don't overlap your CCs. If you hit them w/ Fist of Justice, don't then silence them on top of that with Avenger's Shield. Wait for the stun to be almost over & then silence.

As for other tips for Prot PVP - google: Venoma's prot pally pvp guide. It's from Cata but a lot of the stuff in there is still relevant. EDIT Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082029869

*Note: success is measured by your own goals. If you set out to achieve 1600 arena rating as Prot & you do - well then that is you being successful @ Prot PVP. Don't let the forum dwellers tell you that just because you can't reach 2200+ the spec isn't successful {also note that most of those that post such replies aren't able to break 1800 with the preferred specs, Ret & Holy - so I really don't know where they get off telling others what is & isn't a viable spec/strat/comp/etc}
As for Hunters being immune to your stuns - watch out for their Deterrence ability {looks like spinning swords} which makes them immune to cc & new conditions being applied on them.

Possibly look into getting Dispel Borders addon which makes it easier to spot those sorts of abilities. But mostly, it just takes time to learn other classes' defensive & offensive cooldowns.
Tanks arent a srs pvp spec, sorry to break it to you homeskilletbiscut
01/21/2013 12:51 AMPosted by Thermadin
Tanks arent a srs pvp spec, sorry to break it to you homeskilletbiscut

The guy is lvl 73 doing world pvp & probably some bgs.

He's not pushing for glad.

Use soj vs ranged to slow them so you can do dmg, pop hop when they pop stampede, heal yourself up while hop'ed, once hunter and pets are not red anymore pop dmg cds, foj, and eat his face.

Prot doesn't get Seal of Justice. It annoys me.

Prot doesn't get Seal of Justice. It annoys me.

Glyph of Avenger Shield for the 10sec daze & you basically have a perma-slow.