Ret Paladin.

Paladin
Are we worth playing this season? I've never played "Paladin" at all. Closest thing is holy which I am familiar with, but never played Ret. How are they for pvp, should I spend time lvlin one or wait? Also what BoA's are suggested? I have everything outside of the pvp axe, I own the sword(2h) is that fine or would it be lacking?
For BoAs just grab the plate dps stuff and a 2her.

Ret isn't that great at the moment. PvP or PvE
If you were to be strictly Ret, I'd wait. (Even though Ret is still one of my favorite specs in the game)
On another note, Holy is doing very well right now in PvP and PvE.
Prot is also doing well in PvE.
Ret is fine in pve. It's good in pvp, just not one of the stronger melees atm

Get the plate dps BoAs and the weapon and start leveling. You'll feel the spec is a bit slow at first(due to lack of haste) but once you get your gear going it's a lot of fun.

recommended addon for ret would be CLCret, great tool to help out new people to Ret, also helps with tracking Inquisition, a buff you need to maintain.
This season or next? We are so close to a new season that there is little use to asking about the current one.

No one can give you a good answer right now about the next season unless they've spent a good amount of time in the PTR. And even then, things may yet change.

Currently ret is at a disadvantage due to so many other classes being broken. 5.2 will fix some of that and so, while not getting buffed, ret should fare better against many of other classes due to their being nerfed to a point closer to where they should be.

Time will tell.

Ret is a fun spec for me. I have a lvl 90 with 3/4 malev. He does his fare share of face smashing and I am sure has become a rude surprise to some smug players who thought I was an easy target.

For BoA gear, check out this guy's armory. From the start, he is way OP. At lvl one he was one-shotting everything. Even now when my Exorcism crits, it one-shots mobs of my lvl. I rarely need to hit anything more than three times. Often only twice.

At 49 I did a few bgs and owned the place. Of course that was in large part due to being at the top of the tier and my gear. Still, at that lvl ret is very very strong. Too bad it does not stay that way. lol

With all the + % xp gear and the guild perk, lvling is lightning fast. I blew through BC (58-68) in two days and only did quests in Hellfire, Zanger and Nagrand. Never even set foot in the other three zones.

Starting at 80, things will weaken a bit and then the grind from 85-90 will be back to normal.

I am lvling this guy as ret as that is the fastest way. Created this guy to have a dedicated healing spec. You can never gear out two specs for pvp on a single character as well as you can two different characters. That too will change in 5.2, but you need to earn that 27K conquest before you can start gearing your second spec and that is too long a wait for me. ;-)

Good Luck and HAVE FUN!
Ret is fine in pve. It's good in pvp, just not one of the stronger melees atm

Get the plate dps BoAs and the weapon and start leveling. You'll feel the spec is a bit slow at first(due to lack of haste) but once you get your gear going it's a lot of fun.

recommended addon for ret would be CLCret, great tool to help out new people to Ret, also helps with tracking Inquisition, a buff you need to maintain.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
I'm creating this thread to remove hunter's stampede from the game. It's very OP and shouldn't be allowed in arena's, as DKs can't use army of the dead.

If you support this please comment "sign" to stop this issue at once

Requesting an American to make a petition about this to get a discussion about this in United States congress.

If you don't support this please feel free to comment

thank you for your time.

01/21/2013 06:24 AMPosted by Polprot
HAHAHAHAHAHA
It's only worth it if you're having fun doing it.
I haven't PvP'ed since mid WoTLK but I still actively watch Arena streams/float around the AJ forums and the general consensus appears to be that Ret isn't a top tier melee spec for Arena this season. I see Vanguards on his Enhance Shaman more than his Ret nowadays when he streams 3's.

You should definitely check out Holy if you want the stronger PvP spec at the moment.