Ret PvP Crit vs Haste

Paladin
I started WoW at the very end of WotLK (if not the release of Cata). That being said, I have a Paladin on another server that i played in bg's/point capping 2's during the time that I was an 85 (just getting full cataclysmic before point conversion).

Back then, it was an argument between reforging Mastery (better sustained damage/hand of light) or going Crit (proc based damage/better off-healing). I chose the latter.

Now, I like to know how classes work (if anything, at least my own), so I try to find out as much as I can to better my playing ability. Now (knowing i cannot name specific people
), i know that a Paladin created a thread and people have given him credit for knowing what he's talking about, having a respectable rating, etc...but viewing his armory, saw he was reforging to crit/mastery for MoP.

I am not arguing moreso than I'm trying to find justifying proof as to why this is the route to go. From my understanding, since our off-healing is severely nerfed due to yada-yada patch, wouldn't haste be a more preferable secondary stat? I read a thread (maybe a couple weeks ago, time evades me) and had to agree that more crusader strikes=more Holy Power=More Templar's Verdict/WoGs). I'm also specced into Divine Purpose, and therefore see even more reason to choose Haste over Crit.

Please, any feedback and explanation is welcome, I'd just like to hear your opinions. Well, all are welcome but that guy from that court (ya know mean?!)
Sanctified wrath for PvP. Kiting other melee when they're blowing cds and chain firing HoW is pretty nice.

Haste and crit are about equal in my opinion.
I can't lie; it does sound tempting. But I also love blowing some of these people apart with back2back2back2back2back Templars Verdicts lol. Also note, is it a 4% increase in STR after WoG'ing?

Smash a WoG in there, and if RnG loves you enough, you get to go to town. =D
Haste is for sure better, you get more holy power from it in the long run.

For crit vs. mastery, it depends. Mastery is better if you gem pvp power, crit is better if you gem pvp resilience. Just because resilience is a tax to mastery. You should be gemming resilience though, since our offheals are doing pretty bad right now. Therefore you should be going haste>crit>mastery.

Divine Purpose.. oy. Im not gonna say its wrong, but go with Holy Avenger and watch the results. I was amazed when I made the change. All your cooldowns in one macro gets you the burst thats almost on par with other classes. Even with Divine Purpose, your sustained damage will still be squat.
Yeah, i find that gemming resilience is the better option of the two, and atm i'm trying to find a good balance between how much resilience i can stack before i should start converting to power (bc sure, i can't do anything dead, but i'm not going to be winning any fights hitting like a noodle.)

01/20/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Omalli
Divine Purpose.. oy. Im not gonna say its wrong, but go with Holy Avenger and watch the results. I was amazed when I made the change. All your cooldowns in one macro gets you the burst thats almost on par with other classes. Even with Divine Purpose, your sustained damage will still be squat.

Rhydun is also me, and i had tried using HA at least while questing, and though i liked it, after trying DP, i was blown away by how fast mobs would go down (was told on here by someone to give it a shot, and it's more preferential to me.

I'm wondering what CD's you're specifically talking about in one macro. Obviously the on use, HA, and AW only correct?
I have been playing a pali for a few years now pvp and pve the stat priority seems to be better for crit for sur ivability flash of lighting yourself for 1/3even half your hp is nice you do have to have some haste im currenrly at a 3.14 swing but the damage i do based on cd's it just wreaks
Stacking crit, mastery, or haste as your primary choice are all viable options currently for ret pvp. It really comes all down to preference. I stack crit, due to the more reliable offheals which I feel are needed for my own survival, and for better offhealing on others, plus it makes my burst more reliable for potentially gimping people. Theres nothing more entertaining than globaling a 2.4k cr mage without him getting to block in the opener :P

Haste feels faster, and I like the playstyle, but enjoy the more consistent offheals better. Mastery gives you more sustained pressure outside of CDs, with harder hitting TVs and is always nice, but does nothing for survivability.

I go crit>mastery>haste
This thread is a year old yo