Characters you hate.

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Let's face it, there are a lot of characters in games we like, but there are some that we just can't stand. So who do you hate and why? Whether it be for what they do, how they act, or anything else, vent your hatred here.
The rival hunter in the original Monster Hunter. The guy was just a jerk.

I don't really hate Baird from Gears of War, but there are times where I'm thinking "Really Baird? Did you really need to say that?"

I love Final Fantasy X, but Tidus is just irritating.
I couldn't stand ANYONE in the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim. They were all so corny, and came off like a bunch of 14 year old goths trying to out-dark each other.
01/24/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Steelbelly
Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim.

I don't know how you got past any of the other characters in Skyrim, I hate them all.

Whenever I rampage across Whiterun I make it a point to kill Heimskr and Nazeem first, more often then not a comment from one or both of these characters is usually enough to push me to the point of an outrage. If not those two, then it would be the guards asking me if someone stole my sweetroll or asking me if I fetch the Companions there mead when I am the leader of them.

Dawnguard wasn't much better. I chose to fight for the vampires and had to spend the entire campaign with them looking down on me like I was some kind of rookie. I was futilely waiting for one of them to realize that after finding one of the Elder Scrolls, finding the other two should be a paltry task. And that after downing an aspect of the chief god of time, some hack vampire was nothing to me.
By Azura! By Azura! By Azura! It's the Grand Champion!
Hmmmm. I'm sensing a lot of Bioware talk with this one.

Loghain: This is a good kind of hate. From Dragon Age Origins. Beating him in the Landsmeet is WAY more fulfilling then killing the Arch Demon.

Miranda Lawson: From Mass Effect 2 and 3. ..............ugh. Stupid Mary Sue "I was engineered to be perfect. HERE LOOK AT MY BUTT!" She's only slightly tolerable after you help her with her sister.

Fenris: Dragon Age 2. I hated that he never developed as a character. He was always hating the mages. FOR TEN YEARS story wise you have to put up with that brooding mess. Nice voice though, some guy who voices Lor'themar now. But yeah I'm more of a Anders fangirl. Even with his stupid DA2 personality.

Hm. Thought I would have more but I guess I'm just feeling a old ache in my heart for Bioware. Stupid Mass Effect 3 really put me off from playing their games again.
Loghain: I hated him after watching him betray Duncan and the King (now what was his name?). To add insult to injury he spreads lies about the Wardens being traitors I did let Alistar slice off his head, ya know a sort of pre-apology for crowning him as king.

Anders DA2: He was one of my favorite characters in Awakening, I hated him in DA2 though, his voice, eyebrows, everything.

Yellow Team Champion: I enjoyed chopping you to tiny pieces.

That one little girl is Skyrim who runs around Whiterun: So snarky and on XBox I can't do anything about it.
:I
I hate Kaiden from Mass Effect. He just seems so boring. Whenever I play the first one he always dies. Always. Ash's 50 times better.

And Teemo, from LoL. Oh yes, Teemo. I can't stand him, or his cutesy-ness. It's irritating! Ergh!
I'm always like,
Lalalala
traipsing through mid to gank bot.
Then bam! dead!
e_e
Nope, you can't have your nice shiny items, you have to spend your gold on 10000 Oracles and be paranoid at every single bush.
I just let my teammates deal with him.

And, lets see...
Patroklos from Soulcaliber V. The story already was pretty terrible, but the one of the only characters you can play is this smug, arrogant, mary sueish, cruel pretty boy? Nope. Can't get through five sections of the campaign.
01/24/2013 06:52 PMPosted by Alenlor
Anders DA2: He was one of my favorite characters in Awakening, I hated him in DA2 though, his voice, eyebrows, everything.

Eh I enjoyed him in 2 after I played a male Hawke and romanced him as a rival. I am very easy to amuse. And even then I find myself going "Ugh shut up Anders"

01/24/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Noridala
I hate Kaiden from Mass Effect. He just seems so boring. Whenever I play the first one he always dies. Always. Ash's 50 times better.

Complete opposite for me. I hate that just for the sake of story I tend to kill off Kaiden in the first game.
01/24/2013 07:05 PMPosted by Rosenivy

Eh I enjoyed him in 2 after I played a male Hawke and romanced him as a rival. I am very easy to amuse. And even then I find myself going "Ugh shut up Anders"

At first when I saw him was so excited, but after the first couple of sentences I was sad and confused, it wasn't the Anders I knew, I guess that's his character progressing though. :/
Ghetsis from Pokemon Black/White Generation. No other leader of any of the other opposing teams in generations past have ever made me legitimately hate them because, like it or not, they were at LEAST honest in their beliefs. Ghetsis, on the other hand, was a total lying manipulative scumbag, manipulating both the general population AND a good portion of Team Plasma into thinking they were doing the world a good thing by separating people from their Pokemon. Pokemon Liberation, as they called it (think "Animal Liberation" ala PETA). In actuality, this was all a ruse so that Ghetsis and Ghetsis alone could wield the power of Pokemon and rule over the Unova Region.

That sort of thing REALLY pissed me off. That and his Hydreigon, but mostly that other stuff.
I liked Cyrus more as a villain. Actually, Maxie and Archie both had legitimate arguments to make on their sides.
Ghetsis was kind of a complete monster, but he lacked a motivation. He was kind of a one-noe villain for me. I think his plan was kind of flimsy, too.
I liked Cyrus more as a villain. Actually, Maxie and Archie both had legitimate arguments to make on their sides.
Ghetsis was kind of a complete monster, but he lacked a motivation. He was kind of a one-noe villain for me. I think his plan was kind of flimsy, too.

Well, I do have to agree with ya there, somewhat; he did want to rule Unova, yes, but what after that? Use Unova as a staging ground to take over the rest of the world? Perhaps a bit more depth could have been added in that regard, but I still think he was easily the best Pokemon villain there was because he was just such a scumbag, wearing that ****-eating grin of his as he spouted off nonsense that he KNEW was nonsense. Hell, he even, for the most part, ruined N's childhood by raising him with that nonsense which, as mentioned, he KNEW was nonsense because N was the PERFECT PUPPET for his plan. That... takes a sinister amount of dedication right there.
This says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImunFOi-Vbw
Superman in any video game that features him. Be more worthless you tool.
Rinoa from FF8. I have always absolutely despised her. She was whiny, bossy, and even though she was supposed to be the best magic user in the game, Selphie was a ton more valuable in combat.

Hate her. Cannot stand that woman's existence.
Tidus from FFX. His voice and just overall character drove me insane, which sucked, because I was stuck playing him. >_>
I used to hate Loghain from DA, but then I read The Stolen Throne and found him harder to hate.

However, over the years I've developed a passionate hatred for Arl Eamon and his wife Isolde. Eamon let Isolde essentially abuse Alistair and then sent him off to the Templars. Then, he doesn't give you support until he's pretty sure you're going to win. My most satisfying play-through so far was sacraficing Isolde to save Connor.
Frodo. I don't think I need to say anything more.
I used to hate Loghain from DA, but then I read The Stolen Throne and found him harder to hate.

However, over the years I've developed a passionate hatred for Arl Eamon and his wife Isolde. Eamon let Isolde essentially abuse Alistair and then sent him off to the Templars. Then, he doesn't give you support until he's pretty sure you're going to win. My most satisfying play-through so far was sacraficing Isolde to save Connor.

And people wonder why I kill off his wife. Every. Single. Time. I play that part of the game.