Undead Druid

Druid
Just as the title says.

I think an Undead Druid would be really cool. Zombie Skeletal Cat/Bear forms and the like. Not sure how Boomkin would look for a Undead feel but still would be really cool.

What do you guys think of this. Would you play an Undead Druid, pay for a race change to be one? I know i would lol
I support the idea of a undead druid. A zombified cat will be a welcomed addition to the druid circle.

but how would the tree form work? Would the tree be rotting?
How about no. I agree that it would be cool, but they would not be welcomed as the undead are an abomination to the druid of the claw (they were brought back to life unnaturally). And they have treant models like next to ghostlands it's just undead make no sense.
01/19/2013 11:17 PMPosted by Nyáncat
it's just undead make no sense
I support this interesting idea of undead druids new model designs would be awesome.

Fluff Be Damned!
01/19/2013 11:17 PMPosted by Nyáncat
How about no. I agree that it would be cool, but they would not be welcomed as the undead are an abomination to the druid of the claw (they were brought back to life unnaturally). And they have treant models like next to ghostlands it's just undead make no sense.

Who's to say that a Druid who died and revived by Sylvanas couldn't retain his Druid powers. its Not any worse then a Tauren paladin or a Human that couldn't be a hunter back in the day.
The fact that WoW has a storyline that they follow, the undead are not in Druid lore.

Furthermore that explains why Pandas are not Druids. Although OP your ideas seem cool.
Just out of curiosity, how would an undead use nature magic when they scour and kill nature merely as they walk?

But I'm sure blizzard will love this idea and do it, same as they did with Tauren Paladin (sunworshipping light slinging cows) and undead priests (apparently the light burns them but heals them just as well...kind of like anticeptic wash)
Well nature magic, and healing magic are kind of the same thing maybe. And undead can be priests :D

But while it would be cool, undead druid doesnt really fit in. But really it would be great if you could be ANY race and class ;D But lore/etc stops this.
01/19/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Eternalferal
but how would the tree form work? Would the tree be rotting?

Withers
I'd love undead druids honestly, and it could make some sense, a faction of forsaken dreaming of their lost lives who want to try and see where druidism will take them. Also, you can't say undead forms don't sound amazing. I'd switch over right away... even though i told myself id stop race changing because i wasted too much money so far ;/
I would rather have Panda druids before undead druids.
I think the idea sounds cool, but I don't think the devs/lore writers would try to go for it. I would race change my resto druid in a heartbeat though if I could be a zombie/petrified treant form.
undead = unnatural
druid = natural

therefore
unnatural ≠ natural

that would be like hot = cold

nuff said

I'm not quite sure how Shape shifting into a bear or a cat is considered Natural. I'm pretty sure its Unnatural by definition.
undead = unnatural
druid = natural

therefore
unnatural ≠ natural

that would be like hot = cold

nuff said

I'm not quite sure how Shape shifting into a bear or a cat is considered Natural. I'm pretty sure its Unnatural by definition.

Not natural as in normal. Natural as in attuned to nature.

Not natural as in normal. Natural as in attuned to nature.

Well that's a whole different thing then Natural and Unnatural
or just make nogginfogger work in animal forms besides the human skeleton..
Honestly when is Malfurion coming back and say "Who the hell are all these druids that I did not sanction?"
Gnome druid... feral kitten? yes plz...