The Wandering Isle

Story Forum
Hello, I have a question about the wandering island...

If the wandering island is...wandering...how the heck does it's ecosystem stay stable? I mean, certainly the island is going to be in different locations, and the flora and fauna would have to be quite adaptable to survive whatever the winds (both literally and figuratively) throw at it.

Also: How big is the Wandering Island, anyway? It'd have to be a pretty big turtle. What does Shen Zin Zu eat anyway if it's living (as evidenced by the blood)? The turtle must have a big appetite.

Meditate on this.
01/21/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Kheldren
If the wandering island is...wandering...how the heck does it's ecosystem stay stable?

I would imagine that the naturally occurring ecosystem sustains itself via similar climates to the turtle's species, as such that turtle wouldn't likely go into areas that it (and by extention it's ecosystem) couldn't survive in.

How big is the Wandering Island, anyway?

Enormous, for a small look at the size of the turtle, a pandaren hot air balloon was ruffly the equivalent height of his pupil, beyond that though, we don't have much to measure the scale.

What does Shen Zin Zu eat anyway if it's living (as evidenced by the blood)?

I would imagine that he sustains himself off of plankton and whatever happens to go inside of his mouth when he opens it underwater.
If the wandering island is...wandering...how the heck does it's ecosystem stay stable? I mean, certainly the island is going to be in different locations, and the flora and fauna would have to be quite adaptable to survive whatever the winds (both literally and figuratively) throw at it.

Magic
How come the Naga have never attacked it? I mean, they attack almost every land-dweller, but not the pandaren?

And when I say attack, I mean a full-scaled invasion.
Presumably, the same mists that kept everyone else out.
It's as if you enjoy ruining stories that are created purely for fun and charm.
01/21/2013 05:15 PMPosted by Ethenil
And when I say attack, I mean a full-scaled invasion.

No real reason to. First of, there's no beach or water bed on the Wondering Isle, everything is elevated from the sea level, while you can get off and on the turtle via water, it gives Pandaren a massive advantage when the Naga have trouble climbing onto it.

Second, the Naga may not want to attack it, they may not know people live on it, or don't care because their interests are primarly the land they used to own, not some turtle people.

Third, maybe they have, and failed so they don't try again.
cause turtles eat naga for breakfast and afternoons