Why remove Path of Blossoms?

Monk
Only place I used it was when defending bunkers in AV. After about 3 casts, the inner ring would be completely encircled and look fabulous, but that's about it.
Only place I used it was when defending bunkers in AV. After about 3 casts, the inner ring would be completely encircled and look fabulous, but that's about it.

Hilarious!

On topic, its uses are extremely situational. Outside of applying a 2 sec root a la spinning fire blossom, removal was the most logical step.
Too many buttons? who whines about having too many abilities at their disposal? I keep 3 full bars of stuff (plus a couple buttons on the side). that I try to find a use for always, makes it more fun. The more attacks the more fun

And I agree with the other guy up there, just leave it in, if you dont like it, then dont use it...

I whine about too many buttons.

On my hunter, I had so many buttons I had to download a macro addon so I could add even more buttons. The issue of 'too many buttons to press' is a real one that some people, like myself, have issues with.

Also, 3 bars is nothing. I guess for pve it wouldn't be a big deal. I'm saying all this from a pvp (arena) perspective though.

And just to explain myself: When you add more buttons to a class, some people feel obligated to use them. If there's too many to use/manage, it creates a frustrated player who might re-roll another class that's more simple. I think psychologists studied a similar situation with 401k's. Employees given too many options for 401k's were likely to not choose any of them and just go without where employees with only a couple of options or even with opt-in would enroll in a 401k like it was no big deal.
Too many buttons? who whines about having too many abilities at their disposal? I keep 3 full bars of stuff (plus a couple buttons on the side). that I try to find a use for always, makes it more fun. The more attacks the more fun

And I agree with the other guy up there, just leave it in, if you dont like it, then dont use it...

I whine about too many buttons.

On my hunter, I had so many buttons I had to download a macro addon so I could add even more buttons. The issue of 'too many buttons to press' is a real one that some people, like myself, have issues with.

Also, 3 bars is nothing. I guess for pve it wouldn't be a big deal. I'm saying all this from a pvp (arena) perspective though.

And just to explain myself: When you add more buttons to a class, some people feel obligated to use them. If there's too many to use/manage, it creates a frustrated player who might re-roll another class that's more simple. I think psychologists studied a similar situation with 401k's. Employees given too many options for 401k's were likely to not choose any of them and just go without where employees with only a couple of options or even with opt-in would enroll in a 401k like it was no big deal.

While I'm against removing Path of Blossoms, I do agree with this.

Complicated rotations are just an artificial way to make the abilities feel more interesting than they actually are. Really, although WoW's framework for spells and abilities is very refined and well-implemented, they never did anything interesting with it. It's intended to feel like action but it fails.

Part of it is due to the technical issues of 2004, but abilities just don't feel satisfying to perform. The only classes that really felt engaging to me were Mistweaver and Affliction, both of which feel in gameplay as they should; soothing mists and creeping doom. They are passive, and they feel passive.

Compare this with both SWTOR and The Force Unleashed. In SWTOR the gameplay was significantly slower-paced and relied much less on cooldown rotations. Although rotations existed, it was possible to cut down your rotation to something more like an action game and still perform decently enough.
The Force Unleashed has even fewer abilities than in SWTOR, but they feel even more satisfying. They synergize well, have multiple uses per ability, and you switch up your attacks strategically rather than constantly. Much fewer actions, much less to do, yet it feels like a much more varied and engaging experience.

That said, fluff abilities are still nice; just little things to keep to the side of your bars to click when you feel like it.
I enjoy the reactions i sometimes get with it.
Its so rarely used that (in pvp) players arnt sure if they should avoid it or not.

like healing spheres

I really wish this wasn't true... lol
I'm gonna miss this spell. As a mistweaver defending nodes in BGs, i could spam path of blossoms all day without losing any mana. what else is there to do at an empty node?

A few times i even popped some dirty rogues out of stealth.

Path of blossoms, you will be missed.
/shrug

I found it useful because of all the dumb stealth classes that happily ran over them. Was great for preventing ninja capping in BGs as well.
Shame they couldn't change it to something else like, water walking (no mount) at an increased rate of speed. It's like they've never seen Crouching Tiger or Hero.
1) It costed energy that we could be using healing outselves in pvp.
2) It's damage was subpar.
3) It would seem like the blossoms would disappear as soon as they were placed.

Instead of trying to fix it, it made sense to just remove it. Monks really didn't need it. It didn't add any strategic advantage to pvp or pve. If they made them last like wild mushrooms, it might be more useful.
I wish we could keep it just as a novelty.

Sure people say its got crap for actual use, but I do love the visuals. This reminds me of swirly ball.
It would be nice to see it at least turned into a non damaging minor glyph, similar to a DK's Corpse Explosion.
They remove it because everyone kept saying, it sucks, why have it? I don't have it on my bars....SO WHAT

Just because all these people don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't have any use. No I rarely if ever use it, but it is COOL. Why not just UP the damage or make it useful instead of removing it entirely. I can see a Monk using it every 3 seconds while running a flag in WSG to catch any stealthies coming up behind them to sap or stun lock. It has its uses just not a whole lot. Like said before, take out everything that has only a few situational uses and you'll be taking out all the neat spells.

If they want to fix Monk abilities, removing em isn't the way. Fix em to be more useful. Even make the fire blossoms explode if they expire or something. Zen Meditation isn't all that great either....Whoever thought about that should be fired....8 seconds, no healing? I use it just because heroics have gotten boringly easy at times.

Yeah... no, unless they change Touch of Death into an execute type of skill instead of the insta death that it is now, having it being usable on a target below 35% health would be beyond OP unless you put it on a 1 week or 1 month cooldown or something.

Warlock? Yep

Destruction? Yep.

Put your green booger nuke on a 1 month CD because it currently hits a hell of a lot harder then 35% of someone's health. Kthnx.

Some bosses have hundreds of millions of heatlh.

Just a quick check of your educational status: What is 35% of 1,632,111,872? That is the HP of heroic 25 Sha of Fear. Even if the fight lasted 15 minutes, your touch of death would be worth 630k dps by itself! Talk about efficient gcd usage!
I use them when running up AV towers, just incase a stealth is following me.

Sometimes I catch them, and I guess I got a Blizz dev and now he is trying to remove that.

lol
You'll get it as a glyph in 5 years. Just like rogues and their swirly balls.