Battle.net Error #114 WoW Wont start :(

Mac Technical Support
Hey guys, Shutdown was last night so today i tried to log in...
And it's come up with this error "Battle.net Error #114 Unable to connect. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact technical support at [http://us.blizzard.com/support/index.xml?gameId=11&rootCategoryId=2316]

Now i've ran WoW as an Administrator and i've also deleted the Battle.net folder but still the problem is happening please help!

How do i fix this problem :(
This is a known issues with some ISPs in Australia, New Zealand Japan and other South East Asia countries.

You can read moire about this in our sticky, but for the moment, until ISP issues are resolved, there isn't much we can do.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709862059
Our router is a D-Link DVA-G3670B and the ISP Optus. The first computer is an iMac running Snow Leopard, laptop Win7 Home 32-bit, desktop Win7 Pro 64-bit.

All machines run Symantec Endpoint 11. Both the iMac and laptop have no problems connecting to WoW, however, the desktop is plagued with error #114.

So far I have redirected ports in the router, opened ports in the firewall, turned off the firewall, flushed the DNS, changed the DNS to Google, deleted WTF & interface folders, run a repair install (nothing found to fix), copied the laptop’s install to the desktop, reinstalled WoW, reinstalled Win7, updated all drivers, run WoW in 32 & 64 with & without the launcher and finally, sobbed shamelessly.

Network adapter: Intel 82579V
Driver version: 11.16.96.0
Driver date: June 21, 2012
Router: D-Link DVA-G3670B
ISP: Optus

Any thoughts?
this only happens on my account, i log onto my girlfriends account and it works perfectly fine :(
01/25/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Bethelian
Our router is a D-Link DVA-G3670B and the ISP Optus. The first computer is an iMac running Snow Leopard, laptop Win7 Home 32-bit, desktop Win7 Pro 64-bit.

Copy the Cache folders from the wow folder as well as the Battle.net folder in /Users/Shared/Battle.net over to the desktop.

Cache folders should go in the wow folder on the desktop windows machine and Battle.net folder should go to :

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-cache-folder-pc

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Blizzard Entertainment

Windows Vista/Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment
Ever since I installed Windows 8 (and didn't backup my game and lost it) and I downloaded the whole thing digitally. Now when I try and log in, The Error #114 is showing up. Should I uninstall and re-install using the discs? (It just takes so long)
Using the Battle.net folder has solved the issue. Many thanks.
01/25/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Vampalthor
Ever since I installed Windows 8 (and didn't backup my game and lost it) and I downloaded the whole thing digitally. Now when I try and log in, The Error #114 is showing up. Should I uninstall and re-install using the discs? (It just takes so long)

Follow these simple steps :) firstly,go to my computer>Loca C:/>Program data>(Delete)Blizzard entertainment>Press windows key + r>type cmd>type ipconfig/release>type ipconfig/renew>type ipconfig/flushdns> go to ur network and sharing>Local area connection>Properties>(double click)TCP/IPv4>(Select) Use the following DNS server address,them type the following: 8.8.4.4 then press ok.And its done!.
Can you seriously be more specific on exactly what files im moving into my cache?

"Cache folders should go in the wow folder on the desktop windows machine and Battle.net folder should go to :"

Seriously what the hell does that even mean? wow folder on the desktop machine and battle... Blah blah.

tell me were you got the idea that Battle.net folder in /Users/Shared/Battle.net exists... thumbs down for your reckless post
Not sure if this will help, but from reading Bluespacecow's post I went to "C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment" (location on Win7 & Vista) on my laptop and copied the contents to a USB stick.

Then I went to the same location on my desktop PC and pasted the files I took from the laptop.
Coming in here with consistent 114's in both 64-bit and 32-bit on a Mac. Just started giving me this tonight. Never seen it before. Tried the solutions from troubleshooting, to no avail.

Edit - I'm in NA. All the stuff I see being said for NZ and the like may not be true for me. :v
This is a known issues with some ISPs in Australia, New Zealand Japan and other South East Asia countries.

You can read moire about this in our sticky, but for the moment, until ISP issues are resolved, there isn't much we can do.

Which is another way of saying "We don't know, but we've got your money now... so sort it out yourselves."
This is happening to me as well, i haven't been on wow since last year June and i was feeling like a comeback but this has happened. I'm with tpg and have a tp-link TD-w8960n, any feed back would be very appreciated. (i just joined a new internet provider about 2-3 months ago)
Update: i fixed it :)) i just changed my DNS to 8.8.8.8 i followed http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709861874 i hope this helps guys
tell me were you got the idea that Battle.net folder in /Users/Shared/Battle.net exists... thumbs down for your reckless post

You are in the _Mac_ tech support forums not Windows. The person I was replying to (which wasn't you btw) was using Windows. 3 computers , 2 of which wasn't getting the #114 error one that wasn't. They wanted to know which cache folders they could copy from the Mac to Windows. I was making educated guesses based on my limited knowledge of Windows.

If you want Windows support your welcome to post in the other forums thanks.
i got same problem
Hi all.. Apple Certified Engineer here. There are two separate issues that I have seen which can prompt the Error #114; which is a failure to launch the authentication module.

1. DNS - As above, follow the steps.

2. Java - The WoW authentication module requires Java to function properly. Newer versions of the Mac OS do not ship with Java and as of Oct 16, 2012; Apple have been busily stripping Java from the OS.

See: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

If you would like to re-enable Java SE 6, follow Apple's tech note here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559

I was having this issue after rebuilding my MBP and updating to Mountain Lion (hence no Java), after installing Java SE 6 from Apple Software Updates, it now works fine.

I hope this helps.
01/29/2013 11:57 PMPosted by Malarni
2. Java - The WoW authentication module requires Java to function properly. Newer versions of the Mac OS do not ship with Java and as of Oct 16, 2012; Apple have been busily stripping Java from the OS.

I'ld like to see your evidence of this as IIRC it doesn't.

Anyway I'm getting the #114 error and yes I have Java already installed.