Rogues on the PTR are flat out broken

Arenas
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
01/23/2013 04:05 PMPosted by Winterr
We're pretty much the worst pvp class on live

You may already have the best joke of the year.
01/23/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Roguefail
And what kind of class with full gear is getting hit for 130k eviscerates?

Cloth/leather wearers with no defensives up with FW debuff, on live, not PTR. Ive done it myself, its rare but it happens, 80k evis crits are common.

granted i'm behind the gear curve on both shamans, but took a 75k hit evisc on my spacegoat who is gemmed full resil in arena last week
did they take out cloak and dagger? ( I don't read ptr notes), and if its still in does it still go through los.

i.e a resto shaman runs behind a pillar and rogue's like lol jk shadowdance -> garrote blink -> bomb -> solo shaman behind teh pillar
The game is moving in a good direction but rogues are insane on the PTR. It's going to completely destroy the meta.

You are going to see MW numbers soar ONLY because they are the only healer that can't be insta gibbed by rogues, not because they have really improved which is going to harm their ability to get real fixes.

Rogue anything is going to succeed much in the way that anything shadow priest or warrior succeeds on live.

If you have a talent for a second trinket or immunity ability you are going to need it. Seriously if you are a caster it's season 4 all over again. You can not get them off you and if you manage to get them off they are still doing insane damage against you from range.

Good times...
People bug out whenever Rogues get buffs, and what's funny is they're complaining about what they could already do before patch. I.E. Preparation resetting cloak. It's always done that, but a very minuscule amount of Rogues actually took it because they needed ShS to actually stay on a target. And even this Garrote>Kidney business, we've been able to do that to.

It's whenever Rogues get anything nice, they bring up those plus all the things we could to before to justify a nerf.
01/23/2013 05:27 PMPosted by Mordioz
I.E. Preparation resetting cloak. It's always done that

Glad to see that MoP is your first expansion, did you see that IGN highly rated it?
01/23/2013 05:29 PMPosted by Conspiracy
I.E. Preparation resetting cloak. It's always done that

Glad to see that MoP is your first expansion, did you see that IGN highly rated it?

By -always- doing that, I was referring to it doing that this patch so far.

Apologies.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=14185

I'm not sure what else you could mean by that.
The reason people bring up your previous quirks is usually due to the fact that what you had then (and it was fine) and what you have now, are two completely different things. Unless your kit was exactly the same last patch, it doesn't matter what you had then. What matters is what you have now, on the PTR. And according to many posters, it's too much.
01/23/2013 05:35 PMPosted by Conspiracy
The reason people bring up your previous quirks is usually due to the fact that what you had then (and it was fine) and what you have now, are two completely different things. Unless your kit was exactly the same last patch, it doesn't matter what you had then. What matters is what you have now, on the PTR. And according to many posters, it's too much.

It wasn't really fine, in my opinion.
Our defensive's were very sub-par, even less. Just because we can actually cloak offensively without fearing getting globaled by a caster isn't -that- much. It just means that the caster has to play a little more smart. Shuriken toss is a little too much, but I believe that be fixed by changing the damage.
Everyone's biased, I'm biased to my class which is why I'm discussing it and trying to make it seem less than what it is but just because Rogues are finally a threat again it means we -must- be nerfed.
Blizzard needs to scale rogues back on the PTR NOW before this gets out of hand and makes it live. Rogues WILL ruin season 13 if they are put live like this.

Its not even small tweaks, they are WAY off, drastically broken.
Blizzard needs to scale rogues back on the PTR NOW before this gets out of hand and makes it live. Rogues WILL ruin season 13 if they are put live like this.

They are just broken on PTR. More overpowered then pre-5.1 warriors. I mean I can't believe this is actually going to hit live servers.

They are just broken on PTR. More overpowered then pre-5.1 warriors. I mean I can't believe this is actually going to hit live servers.

I'm sorry but that's just flat out false.

We atleast need positioning to kill someone in our dance+trinket.

As far as Shuriken toss goes, it's a little over-doing it, but warriors were literally globaling people.
The amount of changes rogues are receiving and how big they are is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally ridiculous. They really aren't even bad right now, other stuff just needed some nerfs. This is what a whole lot of people crying gets you I guess.

Don't know how these buffs + other class nerfs will make rogues, but I'm guessing that they'll probably be extremely good/ridiculous again.

Oh yeah, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but apparently versatility is just baseline now.

No way this stuff will go through. Way over the top.

it's hilarious how small changes to classes that need help and nerfs to the obviously op classes would be more than enough to at least make this game somewhat balanced, yet all they do is just overnerf and overbuff over and over again. it's sad

if these changes go through rogues will be on top again most likely, or at least in line with all the other op !@#$ in this game

we'll see how many of these changes make it to live

Man, I really hope that almost all of the 5.2 Rogue changes get rolled back. I know it's kinda %^-*ty for me to come here and say that, but it just feels like the buffs are almost entirely in the exact wrong places.

Nadagast is pretty much on point though. However I disagree, I don't think our defense should be buffed (much). Double cloak is going to be stupid hands down, there's no debating that. Maybe half of the existing vigor buff would be justifiable.

The other talent changes I haven't had an opportunity to test really on PTR. Some look like they're gonna be a lot of fun (hit and run) others look like they could be ridiculous (shuriken toss & possibly marked for death, deadly throw because of shuriken toss will be silly).

I think with the shockwave nerf, blood fear's redesign, and maybe some tweaking and reworking of hunters so that BM doesn't get the full suite of control and damage put rogue's in an amazing spot without ANY changes to rogue mechanics. I haven't had this much fun with rogues since wrath of the lich king tbh, it's actually fun and challenging to land a kill. If we go back to S11 status (which is almost inevitable with these changes), I'll probably stop playing serious 3s again and just play for fun/messing around doing whatever.

edit: if anything maybe put nerve strike in as a talent on the cheat death/feint tier, -X% damage taken while stunned. 40% would probably do it without being too ridiculous, filler number, don't string me up for that

These are all rogue glad post from the junkies forums other then Nada's post.

If multi-gladiator rogues know these buffs are ridiculous I don't know how anyone else can defend this. It's going to be season 4 & 11 all over again gg....

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/234957-rogue-changes-52/
I'm getting ready for it.
01/23/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Primiez
This is what a whole lot of people crying gets you I guess.

Its rogues they always get what they want.

I remember people whining about how rogues deserve a legendary and everyone said no cause it would be class specific .... we all know how that turned out
01/23/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Creepindethh
Glad to see the game is back to the way it should be. Better grab the lube, bitc**s!

Warriors had a silence on heroic throw for multiple expansions and people thought it was new in MoP.

Welcome to the "I don't play your class but I will QQ your talents when you become viable" club.
01/23/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Jecklehead
Glad to see the game is back to the way it should be. Better grab the lube, bitc**s!

Warriors had a silence on heroic throw for multiple expansions and people thought it was new in MoP.

Welcome to the "I don't play your class but I will QQ your talents when you become viable" club.

You are everything wrong with this season.
01/23/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Iwizhard
They should really clip Shadow Dance down to five seconds. Eight seconds is the duration mainly on the basis of utility but when you combine it with the stealth opener talent? 11 seconds of tossing out ambushes and 130k eviscerate crits. It's just... ouch. The stuns and silences as well. So strong.

What the !@#$ is this %^-* have you even tried playing a rogue on the PTR? Subterfuge does not make spambush possible because it costs 60 energy without shadow dance up. Do you really think that rogues even have the energy to constantly spam ambushes and eviscerates for 11 seconds even with the 130 energy pool and SnD up? And what kind of class with full gear is getting hit for 130k eviscerates? Don't act retarded please.

I'm fully aware they can't dump ambushes every GCD, dumbass, have you been on the PTR? DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
I agree that cloak should not be on prep

Its a full on immunity for a long !@# time against casters/healers who cannot respond very well if at all.