Tier 15-Massive ilvl Discrepancy

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 18 19 20 Next
I like the changes.

I plan on doing ToT LFR -> ToT Normal - ToT Heroic without ever stepping foot in t14 heroic.

Thank you blizzard.
I also don't understand why people are !@#$%ing... I mean, think about this for a sec. A new player who joined MoP a couple months ago, who doesn't have enough time to be able to do constant grinds will be able to enjoy the throne of thunder raid on normal within a month or two with this new system.

If the ilvl of the gear was lower, what you'd get is the fairly new player (let's say, they started september) would have to grind for 3 months, get gear to do t14 heroic, then step foot into throne of thunder.

This means that there is a lag in place.

With this new change, the lag is being eliminated, that way, players can feel like they are still in "Current" content.

By no means is this new change going to allow a player who started playing in september to be able to do ToT heroic. By no means.
Share loot lockout between lfr/norm/heroic.

It's time.

Time for what, exactly? Force the general population of the game to (maybe) raid or not? Have an extra unforseen time off and be ABLE to do something, only to be locked into something else? Make it even HARDER for low pop servers to get raid groups formed?

ya.. one word

no

Well, it would be balancing interests. Many people (I believe) who are running LFR aren't going to run normals anyway. So the lockout wouldn't affect them.

Raiders who feel compelled to run LFR, but don't want to, would be spared from doing it. So this would be a mostly positive change for them.

But yes, you would have to weight that against the ability of servers to form pugs, because a lot of people would be locked into LFR already. It would also hurt people in normal guilds who haven't progressed terribly far, and happily use LFR as an alternative source of gear.

So what's more important? Is there a right answer?
01/30/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Flashfyre
I plan on doing ToT LFR -> ToT Normal - ToT Heroic without ever stepping foot in t14 heroic.

You don't need to step into t14 heroic to do ToT normal and the ilvl is all related. If tot lFR ilvl is 12 ilvls higher then tot normal and tot heroic will also be 12 ivls higher.

01/30/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Flashfyre
If the ilvl of the gear was lower, what you'd get is the fairly new player (let's say, they started september) would have to grind for 3 months, get gear to do t14 heroic, then step foot into throne of thunder.

The problem is you don't understand how gearing up works. The players are pushing that tot lfr and t14 normal both be viable ways to gear up. Increasing the level of lfr means the only viable method of gearing is lfr, t14 normal is just a waste of time. In no case is anyone ever going to need t14 heroic to do tot normal.
You're missing that everyone who hasnt clear normal tier 14 is losing content with the jump, trivializing whatevers left in tier 14 just turned it into a transmog instance.
01/30/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Entitlement
You're missing that everyone who hasnt clear normal tier 14 is losing content with the jump, trivializing whatevers left in tier 14 just turned it into a transmog instance.

And I don't understand why Blizzard is in a rush to do this every time.
I think from an LFR only standpoint, if it's going to take alot more ilvl than is attainable from current live LFR (like having to have every slot LFR geared then improving on top of that)... then the huge spread'll be a problem because not everyone goes normal/heroic.

pretty much if you have to be fully 5.1 LFR geared before you can even think about doing 5.2 LFR, that'll be a major drag. Been LFRing every week all five 5.1 sections for a while now and nowhere near fully LFR geared lol. It would take several more months to get to that point and if that's what it takes to get into 5.2 LFR.. then it'll be probably into 5.3 before 5.2 LFR gear's all got.

Time for what, exactly? Force the general population of the game to (maybe) raid or not? Have an extra unforseen time off and be ABLE to do something, only to be locked into something else? Make it even HARDER for low pop servers to get raid groups formed?

ya.. one word

no

Well, it would be balancing interests. Many people (I believe) who are running LFR aren't going to run normals anyway. So the lockout wouldn't affect them.

Raiders who feel compelled to run LFR, but don't want to, would be spared from doing it. So this would be a mostly positive change for them.

But yes, you would have to weight that against the ability of servers to form pugs, because a lot of people would be locked into LFR already. It would also hurt people in normal guilds who haven't progressed terribly far, and happily use LFR as an alternative source of gear.

So what's more important? Is there a right answer?

How do you figure a shared LFR and non-LFR lockout favors anyone? lol. A normal/heroic raider does not HAVE to do LFR just because it's there. Dont take the option away from those that want to have the option to do it just because you don't feel the need to do LFR then do normal/heroic. I was on a raid team for a bit and my ilvl was on the low side for doing normal, so i kept up doing LFR on the downtime between normal raid nights to help get my ilvl up for the normal raid nights. Without that option i'd been severely limited in options for catching up with the group (not that i was catching up much anyway, but the bit of lfr drops did help, and i didn't get locked out of the normal stuff forcing them to have to find another tank).

So on that shared lockout: No.
02/01/2013 03:35 AMPosted by Theoldpanda
I think from an LFR only standpoint, if it's going to take alot more ilvl than is attainable from current live LFR

Its only 480 to zone in, your 485, besides lfr as long as you can zone in the boss is going to die,you will have a raiders to carry you and a stacking buff.

02/01/2013 03:41 AMPosted by Theoldpanda
A normal/heroic raider does not HAVE to do LFR just because it's there.

Raiders get good/bis enchants because it helps them progress, raiders get good/bis gems because it helps, raiders earn valor because it helps, raiders earn charms because they help.

If lfr helps gear you up for normal/heroic why would raiders NOT run lfr?

Now personally I am on the side of choice. LFR sharing lockouts who made it a nightmare for anyone trying to pug a fill in. But if lfr is not a choice for most raiders it makes it hard to keep that view.

How do you figure a shared LFR and non-LFR lockout favors anyone? lol. A normal/heroic raider does not HAVE to do LFR just because it's there. Dont take the option away from those that want to have the option to do it just because you don't feel the need to do LFR then do normal/heroic.

I figure that because some raiders don't want to feel forced to do LFR. However, to take advantage of every opportunity to advance, they feel they have to. By taking the "choice" away, the playing field is leveled for progression both within and outside of the guild. I believe that it is established that at least some raiders would want this, so therefore it benefits them. This is what they want, and "just don't do LFR" is not an acceptable answer to them.

You are an example of the competing interest. You do normal/heroic raids and want to be able to do LFR in the same lockout as well. So one of you is not going to get what you want, and right now, it's the other side.
01/30/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Entitlement

QFT
The average group isn't going to find T14H trivial even with full T15 LFR gear. Hell assuming it doesn't get nerfed, the average group won't blow it away even in mostly T15 NORMAL gear.
02/02/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Mahourai
The average group isn't going to find T14H trivial even with full T15 LFR gear. Hell assuming it doesn't get nerfed, the average group won't blow it away even in mostly T15 NORMAL gear.

The average group quit the game 3 years ago
Personally, I like the idea of getting a fresh start in raiding with 5.2. Everyone will be under-powered and every piece of loot will feel important. That's a good feeling to me when I win an item that is drastically better than the one I have.
02/02/2013 09:32 PMPosted by Po
Personally, I like the idea of getting a fresh start in raiding with 5.2. Everyone will be under-powered and every piece of loot will feel important. That's a good feeling to me when I win an item that is drastically better than the one I have.

yes, but for us casual raiders who are sporting an ilvl of 485-492(my casual raid group that raids Tuesdays and Thursdays for 3 hours)..

how the hell can we transition to totk normal? thats like saying: "GL in LFR for the next few weeks until your ilvl is high enough for totk normal!"
yes, but for us casual raiders who are sporting an ilvl of 485-492(my casual raid group that raids Tuesdays and Thursdays for 3 hours)..

how the hell can we transition to totk normal? thats like saying: "GL in LFR for the next few weeks until your ilvl is high enough for totk normal!"

Groups who are clearing normal mode will be at the entry level for ToT normals, which is roughly 496-500 (I'm spitballing this range but it seems obvious that gearing up in the normal mode of the previous tier will leave you at the entry level for normal mode of the next tier, and with full normal raid epics + VP upgrades you should be at this level)

However as the thread you posted reveals you are not just undergeared but underperforming, which is always going to leave you ill equipped to deal with current content.
02/03/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Çlassic

I hope they don't balance raid content around disc priests forging off mastery.

i use the same gear for disc and holy. and primarily heal in holy. so i love my haste sonnnn(for holy anyway). Plus the haste makes lolatonement healing so easy and fun and..well no skill required. doing 55k hps just by pressing smite, holy fire and penance is hilarious. i hate being a try hard and doing 70k hps.

you try being top heals even with wrong reforging. its hellariouzzz
02/03/2013 02:41 PMPosted by Çlassic
you try being top heals even with wrong reforging. its hellariouzzz

I'd rather kill bosses and not have to cry that contents too hard on forums.
02/03/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Asane

I don't reforge for Mastery, Crit produces similar theoretical results and improves Atonement damage.