Only Display Character Achievements

Website Bug Report
Post Limit:
I recently noticed that the "only display character achievements" option appears to be no longer working, as intended, on the Battle.net website. I'm certain it used to work, as I had checked several characters in the past and achievements those characters did not earn were not visible when looking at their profile on the website.

However, on a few of my characters I have recently checked I see it is now showing earned achievements from other characters. Yes, I have enabled the option to "only display character achievements." I have checked and double-checked, but they're still showing. I'm not logged in on Battle.net when I view my characters -- though, that never mattered before.

I don't want achievements visible to others for characters that have not earned them.

Bug? No longer working? Or something (not sure how or what it could be) on my end?
If the achievement has a blue banner, such as mount or pet collection achievements, it is considered earned by each of your characters.
To my knowledge, the feature only works in game and has never worked on the website.
01/25/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Diamora
To my knowledge, the feature only works in game and has never worked on the website.

The tool tip in game says it applies to the website.

Turning this option on will only display your character achievements when people inspect you or use the battlenet website or mobile app.

To the OP if you think it isn't working correctly on the website then you should report it on the website bug forum.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1025938/
Posted by Diamora

The tool tip in game says it applies to the website.

I understand what the tooltip says. However, I have seen multiple reports from people who have not seen it work on the website since it was implemented.
It is a bug. It was working before we added other data (when it was working, battle pet achievements [and others] weren't working). I'm sorry that it's taken so long to get this fixed. We realize it's a very annoying bug/issue.

The fix involves working with the game team to clean up some of the data in the character profiles and I will try to look into this more in the next coming weeks.
The display only character achievements worked for about a week. It broke in early October. There's a different thread in the Website Bug forum from when it first broke. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794980572/

Good to hear it hasn't been forgotten.
Peratryn, it's more than just "very annoying". It allows our privacy to be violated, and harassers and stalkers to keep tabs on us with all of our characters. There are people I'd rather leave behind in Wow. And this allows them to continue to remind me that they are very aware I'm still there, and of any new characters I create. Sheesh.

When you can fix this, or if you can do something else, please let us know. If it's not in the next patch release I'll need to just stop playing I think. It's not a threat, just a truth. This is a serious violation of our privacy and the length of time to fix what was supposed to already work is unacceptable.

I'd like to stay but short of deleting my characters or moving them to a new account (10@$30 anyone?) to break the link I'm tired of trying to maintain my privacy.
Hello. I'm sorry -- and I know you guys are busy and all -- but is this still on the radar for being fixed soon? I ask because I have encountered many in-game problems due to this bug. Hence, why I initially posted this on the forums. My characters (many of which used to be unknown to others) are being harassed, threatened, and verbally abused because of this bug.

Sadly there are those who think if you're in their guild, all of your characters on that server should be in that same guild. Before this bug, I could go about my business and have my toons of choice appear "offline" for days with no problem. Now, with this bug it is obvious that I'm online with other toons as it is easily tracked via the armory achievements and activity. I have been /gkicked in some cases and in others I have been forced to /gquit because I refuse to have all my characters in the same guild, and being ignored in a guild is no fun. I have also had to put numerous people on /ignore -- because, again, apparently some people feel if you're online with one toon all of your other toons should be known and made available whenever they want them to be.

The last month and a half has been far from fun. The damage has already been done to many of my toons, and that won't be reversed. However, I'm really hoping this can be fixed soon to prevent any damage to new toons I create and want to continue playing. If not, I will most certainly end my subscription. Who wants to be in the World of Warcraft-harassment, where privacy is not a priority? I don't.
This should be fixed today with the 5.2 update. Once you're able to log out of 5.2 in game to update any affected characters let us know if it doesn't look right.
I was so excited to hear this was fixed. I logged in and made sure the box was still checked. I ran around on her a bit and switched characters. Just logged out of game. Armory still says this level 45 druid did Terrace of the Endless Spring 3 days ago.
I was so excited to hear this was fixed. I logged in and made sure the box was still checked. I ran around on her a bit and switched characters. Just logged out of game. Armory still says this level 45 druid did Terrace of the Endless Spring 3 days ago.

It looks like there is an error where the game isn't saving the value of that option when sending us the character profiles. We're working to get this fixed asap.
any updates?
Perhaps instead of relying on that checkbox in game that it seems impossible to get working, this should be moved to a battle.net account level option. You could even put it in the account security settings on battle.net, since that's what this is really about--our security and privacy.

Nearly two weeks since the last update. We've heard nothing, and it's still not fixed. Can we get an estimate that's a bit more firm than "asap"?
Any word on a fix for this?? Seeing as how you guys keep giving us these patches every other day, you'd think a fix for this could be worked into one of those.
Just checking in to see when this privacy issue will be fixed. Can we get an update and an ETA please?
Besides for this problem being a huge privacy issue for a lot of folks, it's also affecting my professions on my alts. For example, my Tailor alt can't learn a Northrend tailoring recipe until she achieves "Northrend Dungeonmaster". I've already completed that with my main, so I can't see which dungeons my alt is missing, and I really don't want to go through each one again, especially if I'm only missing one. This is frustrating, and I do hope it's fixed soon.
Daphnea, you should be able to check the tailor's achievement in game to see which dungeons she's missing. Even though the overall Northrend Dungeonmaster achieve will be "complete", if you click on it, it will show you which dungeons that particular character has completed.
It seems to have been fixed! hooray!
I don't think so. For example, when I look at your character profile Polar, it says your little level 21 gnome rogue has completed the Crypt of Forgotten Kings scenario. Quite a feat for a level 21, right?

So, again, is there any update on a fix for this problem?

ETA: Wow, the last update was a month ago. This is quite sad for such a major privacy problem.