Constructive criticism for Blizzard

Pet Battles
This is my opinion, a slightly more than casual, but slightly less than hard core player (487 unique pets, with about 5 more that i'll get from normal play soon).

Pet battle dailies aren't worth the time, presently. The rewards from the daily trainer quests are too low. (about 12g and 1 in 10 chance at a stone.) The time it takes to do the dailies is way too long.

My suggestion is to either speed up the daily quest process (quest hub, faster animations, easier battles, etc) OR increase the rewards (either more flawless stones or something else....)

My take on why this isn't worth the time.... Once I get 75 pets to lvl 25, what is my incentive? It takes me around 2 hours to go through the process of the dailies. I might get 1-2 stones for this. I do it now for the pet experience, but I'm already phasing out some of the dailies that are too far to travel to, or just plain difficult to 2v3 so I can get a third leveled up.

2 hours of time for a stone isn't even remotely worth it, unless you're a serious hardcore player who has to have 500 rare pets. If Blizzard wants to cater to only hardcore players, then leave as is.

With the change coming that you get damage from forfeiting, I'll just plain stop doing them. Pet battles are a nice addition to the game, but make them a little more casual friendly or casual people won't do them.
I've already stopped.
I agree that pet battle dailies take far too long to complete. I've collected a series of items that take up a decent amount of bag space just to transport me around the world to reduce the time, and it's still far too long to complete.

I also agree that the rewards for the dailies is very low. I'd like to see a higher chance at getting stones (I'm on my third day straight of no stones from my bags...yea, this doesn't make me a happy Buffin). Here are some other things I was brainstorming that would be good rewards:

-Uncommon/rare wild pets that are tradable. Since wild pets cannot be caged, these would be a good way to filter in some of those wild pets to people who otherwise wouldn't farm them. Another option would be a Wild Pet Cage, which would be a cage that you can use to make a wild pet tradable instead (penalty could be that it takes the wild pet back to level 1, if need be).
-Leveling stones. Battle stones that grant levels instead of rarity.
-Tamer Transporter Scroll. This would an item that would be unique to each tamer. Kind of like a Scroll of Recall, it could be a one-time use, or an item with a really long cooldown, that would transport you to that specific tamer.

I do think pet battles are still very casual friendly, but I do think they need some tweaks to make the rewards worth the effort.
I do the pet trainer dailies every day (even have alts parked on Kalimdor and EK) and get about 1 to 2 stones a week. It's been kind of frustrating going many days without any stones, but the way I look at it we do get xp on lowbies, so there is a benefit.
I've stopped doing the dailies as well. I don't pet battle much anymore really.

I'll probably start up again once pet battle stones are available from pvp battles.
They should rewards tokens for each pet battle daily you complete.

Tokens can be used to buy new to-be-added pets (which would cost 80~ish tokens? idk) and rare battle stones (which would cost ~35ish tokens?). Maybe at a much later time add in epic battle stones for ~50ish tokens.

I also very much like the exp battle stone idea.
01/27/2013 01:21 PMPosted by Baraddur
or just plain difficult to 2v3 so I can get a third leveled up.

Funny how Farmer Nishi is still easier to 2v3 (Almost 1v3 really) than Major Payne.
It seems as if pet battles are included with the design goal of MoP, which seems to be that everything should take as long as 'reasonably' possible. Like elsewhere though, players end up feeling as if they just spent hours accomplishing nothing. Because sometimes they do, despite their effort.

The major problem with this design is, it first causes players to question what they're doing with their time in the game. And then, it causes them to question what they're doing with their time in general.

I only spend about an hour doing the dailies because I have alts parked at all of the non-Pandaria trainers. Yet on the days I receive no stones, I can't help but wonder not only what I could have done with that hour, but how much more I would have gotten out of it.
01/27/2013 01:21 PMPosted by Baraddur

Not sure any of those really even exist any more, especially with the amount of pets you have.
I've admittedly stopped doing most of the dailies as well. Right now I do Nishi and Hyuna since they're the fastest and relatively close to each other.

There's just too much travel time between all the tamers and too little reward to make it worth it.
Payne. I don't know the 2 team combo to farm him. My leveling pet has to be high enough to actually contribute if Payne pwn's my first two pets (which happens enough to not be considered farmed for me.)

Farmer Nishi is super easy to solo with Anubisath. I could solo him with my crawfish before anubisath was in game. But, that's a 10 minute fight. especially when I miss 40% of the time with Anubisath. is the 10 minutes worth the effort when I could just cat farm the critters in the area for just as much exp in 10 mins.

edit: tried to quote Hearus. can't seem to figure out how to get his reply into mine. oh well...
01/27/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Elunih

Funny how Farmer Nishi is still easier to 2v3 (Almost 1v3 really) than Major Payne.

Payne (and Antari) is an example of a trainer that I cut out of my rotation. The non-Pandaria trainers award significantly less exp. The travel time and the fact that Payne is a pain make me just skip him. Antari is easy enough, but the dragon takes so long to fight and it's a long travel time to him......

I typically do the two vanilla trainers and the Pandaria rotation. If time, I'll do Uldum since the trainer is right by the portal. But, Payne, Antari, and the 4 elemental trainers are long forgotten as not worth my time.
/Agree... havnt got hardly any stones over the past few weeks, maybe 3 or 4 :( But i get tons of happy snacks an bandages....

BTW if your gonna give so many bandages why have a CD on them? I've already vendor 100s of bandages and still have 2 24 slot bags full of them. No way 1 can possible use all the bandages they get.
Payne. I don't know the 2 team combo to farm him. My leveling pet has to be high enough to actually contribute if Payne pwn's my first two pets (which happens enough to not be considered farmed for me.)

Can't you just use speed breed FFF? Add in something decent against Elemental (Aquatic, something with Conflag (if you're worried about the Beakmaster) etc), and then your leveling pet. If he starts with bear, bear stuns leveling pet, swap for FFF. Proceed to PWN. Most times Beakmaster won't use Wind-Up, so proceed to PWN him too. Use 3rd pet to take down pushover Lasher. If he uses Beakmaster first, even better, PWN with FFF, use bugged Wind-Up to PWN bear next, deal damage to lasher, finish with 2nd pet.

Really not that hard. :)
I've actually stopped doing these dailies as well, because frankly, their WAY too time consuming and out of the way for what little rewards they give (this is coming from someone who has an alt parked at kharazhan, and access to Everlook transporter, Black Temple port necklace, Argent Tournament Tabard, and Tol Barad Tabard).

Raise the gold reward at the very least, because seriously, 11g? Thats not even what a normal daily gives, and the chance for rewards are frankly too low (I got 2 porcupettes before I quit grinding dailies as well as an average of about 2 stones a day, with spirits sprinkled in sporadically).
With my shaman, I do Nishi every day because I'm there farming and doing farming/cooking dailies, and I can beat her with just the Celestial Dragon and get xp for two lower level pets. I do Shu every day because he's right there where I'm doing my Klaxxi dailies.

Otherwise, it's hit and miss - I battle any tamers who happen to be where I'm leveling alts, or if I get bored I'll fly around farming herbs on my shaman and stop by any blue exclamation points I happen to see.

I like the idea of some kind of transport mechanism to the various tamers - maybe something we could build up to purchasing with rep from pet battles that would allow us to teleport from one tamer to another anywhere in all the worlds.
01/27/2013 08:58 PMPosted by Surrender
Raise the gold reward at the very least, because seriously, 11g?

The 11g is what it would reward if they dropped xp. The first three tamers on either side offer the gold plus xp to 89 or lower toons. Level 90 toons get 19g, I have filed a bug report on all the others from day 1 with no luck.
01/27/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Safari
I like the idea of some kind of transport mechanism to the various tamers - maybe something we could build up to purchasing with rep from pet battles that would allow us to teleport from one tamer to another anywhere in all the worlds.

We should be able to teach one of our pets Fly, and then it could port us from trainer to trainer.
This is my opinion, a slightly more than casual, but slightly less than hard core player (487 unique pets, with about 5 more that i'll get from normal play soon).

Pet battle dailies aren't worth the time, presently. The rewards from the daily trainer quests are too low. (about 12g and 1 in 10 chance at a stone.) The time it takes to do the dailies is way too long.

My suggestion is to either speed up the daily quest process (quest hub, faster animations, easier battles, etc) OR increase the rewards (either more flawless stones or something else....)

My take on why this isn't worth the time.... Once I get 75 pets to lvl 25, what is my incentive? It takes me around 2 hours to go through the process of the dailies.
How on EARTH does it take you TWO HOURS???
I really wish Blizzard would just put all the trainers that give bags in one place. That would speed things up considerably without them having to adjust the rewards.