Holy Paladin & Healing Addons

Paladin
Cata Steelseries 14 button mouse. Its a great mouse for some like me with big hands.

I run Clique and WoW raid frames

I have the bottom three buttons near the thumb configured for ctrl alt and shift, which gives the other 11 buttons a total of 44 combinations.
01/30/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Morwin

PC gaming 101: Get a screwdriver, or something equally as pokey, and pop that POS key out.

I think they have programs that disable it too, or perhaps a windows setting, however I find that the alt key on most keyboards is in an awkward location: my left hand pinky would have to arch over, or my thumb would have to reach all the way back lol.

It was a little program that I downloaded to change caps lock to shift. Otherwise you have to edit the registry yourself, and I'm not going to fool around with that. I intend to change it to alt this time, because as you say, alt is in an awkward spot and it slows my reaction time making sure I hit it instead of the windows key.
But... alt is right next to the space bar... you bend one knuckle ;o

What kind of keyboards are you guys using? :x
01/30/2013 07:11 PMPosted by Morwin
One thing I've noticed is that it seems like the default ui has a delay when my allies take dmg their health bars seem to update slowly, even with a ping of 40 and fps of 100. But this could just be my perception or something I dunno. A part of me would prefer less but I can totally see certain advantages of the mods, like knowing when players go out of range and in what direction, knowing when aoe healing is more beneficial, or having help knowing when to use cleanse. Reaction time seems to be a huge thing that I have to work with... was in a dungeon and this dps was really mean to me blaming me for our group wiping, even though I had gotten cc'd several times from a totem that the dps was supposed to take down... I dunno! He's all like, what do you mean you don't use addon? what a joke? lol

It's disturbing when people blame you for a wipe, especially when you have a fear that they might be right. However, blaming the healer is an age old tradition for dps and tanks that don't have a clue what just went wrong. That wipe was not your fault, and certainly not because you used the default frames.

The default frames are really good now. I'm not sure if they are updating slowly compared to healing addons, although I have run them side by side and never noticed anything, I can't be sure you are not right. I find them attractive because they are showing debuffs automatically that I have to configure healbot to show, they show incoming overhealing which I can't figure out how to make healbot do, and they don't disappear after I come back after a dc.

The disadvantages are that I can't make them transparent, and to get them set up so that they do everything healbot already does would take a lot of configuring that I don't have time to do right now.

Healbot doesn't have an arrow to show the direction of out range players. I've changed my mind about my recommendation to you of starting with healbot. It is a great addon to get started with, but vuhdo does have some advantages. I intend to switch to vuhdo at some point.
01/30/2013 07:20 PMPosted by Morwin
also the razer mmo keyboard looks awesome, but since I just spent money on a naga i'm not going to get both

When I get the money/time, I'm going to go with one of those gaming keypad things (razer nostomo maybe). I have really small hands and reaching my binds on the keyboard can be awkward. That's why I chose the naga as well, because it adjusts to different hand sizes.
To disable the Windows key, follow these steps: (assuming Windows 7+ pc)

Click Start, click Run, type regedt32, and then click OK.
On the Windows menu, click HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE on Local Machine.
Double-click the System\CurrentControlSet\Control folder, and then click the Keyboard Layout folder.
On the Edit menu, click Add Value, type in Scancode Map, click REG_BINARY as the Data Type, and then click OK.
Type 00000000000000000300000000005BE000005CE000000000 in the Data field, and then click OK.
Close Registry Editor and restart the computer.