Open Libram LXVI: Light in the Darkness

Paladin
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
sillies, buy limes and add it to your coca cola like proper humans! same goes for lemon and vanilla - because vanilla extract can be made at home with vodka and vanilla beans in a jar! this obviously has other advantages over normal ol' plebeian vanilla coke.

anyway, got my legend gem, which is cool, but now i have to grind valor for like two or three months (because i've not once capped or even come close and i don't see myself suddenly doing so now)! dumb ol' legendary questline!
01/29/2013 10:52 PMPosted by Martana
buy limes and add it to your coca cola

What kind of freak are you that you ruin perfectly good cola cola with lime? Eat the limes separately IMO!
hey man, some people like lime coke apparently. i'm not a fan myself, but i know it's a thing that happens.

i wouldn't put anything in my coke if i drank any - which i pretty much don't any more. my diet is pretty much all acids between the coffee and the fruit juice and the spicy food and so on, and if i kept flooding my mouth with coca cola all my teeth would fall out!
01/29/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Hafleur
And Sense Undead.

God no. Useless spell was useless. :P

But the flaaavorr.

In all honesty though, I'm sad that we lost this.
My Bank has reached critical mass, I just don't have any room left.

01/29/2013 10:46 PMPosted by Aglaea
Got the third boss on MSV down yay!!

Many Grats!

And Sense Undead.

The hell is wrong with you.

Dat flavor. It wasn't hurting anything, don't know why it left.

Should be reinstated with the ability to sense demons added, call it Sense Evil. Make it easy to tell where all the locks and DK's are for you PVPers.

Gives us lore hounds our flavor back.
I'm sad that hunters have it :(

I thought we lost it because it was unfair in pvp, being able to see DK pets on the map.

Did it work on players at one point too? Along with the exo crit? I was a giant noob back then, so I can't really remember.
01/30/2013 12:52 AMPosted by Arte
Did it work on players at one point too?

No, although I wonder if it would detect a Liched DK, don't see why not.

01/30/2013 12:52 AMPosted by Arte
I thought we lost it because it was unfair in pvp,

Well if that were the reason then all the tracking abilities need to be removed from everyone.
WoW has gotten waaay too bloated with abilities over the years, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to add Sense Undead (or Sense Evil) to tracking by the mini-map. I rarely click on that button anyway.

hey man, some people like lime coke apparently. i'm not a fan myself, but i know it's a thing that happens.

I hate lime. I hate buying a variety pack of whatever, let's say Snapple, and getting a crummy flavor like lime. But the flavors I like are still cheaper that way, so...
01/30/2013 01:15 AMPosted by Hafleur
WoW has gotten waaay too bloated with abilities over the years,

That it has I will agree, but another map icon select isn't going to bloat our action bars any further.

On another topic this Blizzard PVP cleansing seems a touch poorly executed since it seems that they're just laying out blanket judgments at certain levels with no regards to players who may have actually gotten there legitimately. Not really my area but meh.

but it was such a great flavor ability, it was so perfectly paladin-y. they should add it back in as a minor glyph ( because our minor glyphs suck anyway)

01/29/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Pandani
What kind of freak are you that you ruin perfectly good cola cola with lime? Eat the limes separately IMO!

since i was a kid i've had a history of mixing cola and orange soda together. so delicious.
01/30/2013 06:43 AMPosted by Idoma
since i was a kid i've had a history of mixing cola and orange soda together. so delicious.

I invented Mountain Dew Code Red years before Pepsi, Co. started marketing it.

Mountain Dew + Cheerwine = pure win.
Morning Pally Crew

Code Red is the superior mountain dew

So a couple friends were playing it, so I downloaded Path of Exile last night, its a pretty fun diablo clone with a bit of final fantasy tossed in. Enjoying it.
path of exile's talent tree is impressive in it's sprawl, and should deliver exactly what people were missing from diablo 3 (the feeling of having the freedom to customize your character as you go towards specific combat styles and strategies), but inherent in such a design strategy is the imbalance that comes from broken builds that players discover (i read somewhere that last patch, the most powerful build in the game was the shadow guy dual wielding wands, for instance). also, having all your active skills be gems that you slot in gear is a pretty cool mechanic, honestly. should still be a fun game to follow, i do hope it does well.
Talent tree reminds me a lot of FF10

Skills in gems slotted in your weapons reminds me a lot of FF7

I rolled a Duelist, apparently thats the 'weakest' class at the moment, but I'm having fun.
i can't play it because i'm a mac, but i'd probably play the hunter, because shootin' things is fun and my experience in games of this sort with melee classes is that you are totally boned until your gear is magnificent.

oh! the potions regenerating as you fight is cool too. as are the crazy multiple suffixes and prefixes on things. i did really miss picking up a stick and having it be the Superfluous Rigid Arch-Chancellor's Toad Whomper of Introspective Perspicacity, or some such.
Yea it is, and even the potions can have magical prefixes and suffixes too.

Its a pretty neat system.
01/30/2013 06:43 AMPosted by Idoma

Yep, did that myself too.
my goodness, apparently it's impossible for blizzard to nerf mages ever. i think every nerf they've gotten has been rolled back on the ptr, with buffs to compensate for the thought of nerfing them in the first place.
on a more positive note, the disney animated short 'paperman' is up on youtube for free viewing! you should go watch it if you haven't (though i'm sure most of you have).
Is it? I know they were including it with the Wreck-It Ralph blu ray, but I didnt think they'd have it for free