Open Libram LXVI: Light in the Darkness

Paladin
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
HRRNNNNNGGGGGG

"- We agree that Retribution does not offer enough benefits to an Arena or Battleground team beyond just taking a Holy paladin. We are going to try a change where Hand of Sacrifice also dispels all harmful magic effects on the target for Ret only."

Edit:
01/30/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
They should have made up something new, instead of throwing that old gear at it.

On the one hand, it's ridiculous, on the other hand I'm happy I can finally transmog into it (well, once our RBG leader finally decides to show up for RBGs he schedules. -_-) But that gear should have been transmoggable long ago - there was nothing prestigious about the old honor system that should've warranted those items being so limited. You're right Chaz, they should've come up with something better than the old gear.
HRRNNNNNGGGGGG

"- We agree that Retribution does not offer enough benefits to an Arena or Battleground team beyond just taking a Holy paladin. We are going to try a change where Hand of Sacrifice also dispels all harmful magic effects on the target for Ret only."

Edit:
They should have made up something new, instead of throwing that old gear at it.

On the one hand, it's ridiculous, on the other hand I'm happy I can finally transmog into it (well, once our RBG leader finally decides to show up for RBGs he schedules. -_-) But that gear should have been transmoggable long ago - there was nothing prestigious about the old honor system that should've warranted those items being so limited. You're right Chaz, they should've come up with something better than the old gear.

Good news, everyone!

Although, wouldn't that just be a longer cooldown cleanse that happens to also transfer some damage the allies take to you?
that's pretty awesome, actually! should be useful to use.

also, paperman was in fact put up by disney on their official animation channel on youtube, along with a lot of making-of stuff, because apparently the tech required to make 3d animation look like 2d animation is substantial!

(i'm of the opinion that you could, i dunno, just animate in 2d and pretend that it's a real medium that you can do great things in, but if multi-million-dollar computer software is what's required to get the hand-drawn aesthetic back on the silver screen in feature length, so be it!)
01/30/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
So it appears they're giving out the old Vanilla PVP gear with the requisite RBG ratings title next patch

Good.

It should have never been restricted in the first place. If they're going to go part of the way in taking out special status symbols, like raid mount removal and the like, then they should go all the way.

Not pick and choose and make special exceptions.

People will still have their Feats just like people still have their achieve dates for proper special reward obtainments.
HRRNNNNNGGGGGG

Where did that quote come from?
Should be HoSalv. Shorter CD, and doesn't have a use in PvP already.
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=85319:85320:85322:85323:40402:40266:86329:35221#modelviewer:4:3;115277;7;109508;10;109506;5;109505;13;55906;14;54755;8;109504;19;48576:10+0:0

New Xmog goal, Go PROT!

01/30/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Elidra
Should be HoSalv. Shorter CD, and doesn't have a use in PvP already.

Makes sense, but you probably want to put a HoSac on them at that point, and you can only have one at a time
01/30/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Arte
Makes sense, but you probably want to put a HoSac on them at that point, and you can only have one at a time

So use Salv first. It costs an extra GCD at some times, but saves your Sac at others.
the other consequence of this proposed change is that it pretty much forces ret paladins into clemency if they aren't already using it. ;p
Oh yeah, this change also makes Ret the only DPS spec with a defensive magic dispel.

That's huge.
Oh yeah, this change also makes Ret the only DPS spec with a defensive magic dispel.

That's huge.

Doesn't Shadow still have Mass Dispel?
Ding!

*buys PVP gear, gets ilevel 451, needs 9 more for LFR*
Blizzard actually looking at Ret is all well and good, but maybe the hardcore PVPers are seeing something I'm not. People are praising the change.

It basically just gives Ret a magical cleanse which Holy Paladins already bring and since the point of this buff was to differentiate Ret from Holy and make them more desirable I don't see the reasoning here.

Also further cementing one and only one viable talent choice in Clemency in that Tier is not a good thing in my opinion when these redesigned talent trees are supposed to be all about choice.
as shiralia said, it gives ret a defensive magic dispel, which means would be unique among dps in that capability. i don't think you can cast sacrifice on yourself, but even considering the long cooldown on sacrifice you're basically getting two more defensive dispels (because clemency) per 2-minute window if you have a ret paladin on your team. considering how strong DoTs are in general, and how gnarly magic debuffs can be, this makes rets superheroes when combined with the dispelling power of healers.

honestly, if they go through with this change i won't cry too much, i'd love to not have to scrape and grovel for even the possibility of a rated bg group, and if i have to be locked into a talent that i'm using anyway, so be it.

That's huge.

Doesn't Shadow still have Mass Dispel?

Fair enough, but having a magic dispel as a DPS is still very rare.

Heck, as Hof said, you could send a Ret on offense and keep all your healers on defense to kind of fill the spot as a dispeller/healer for them. Especially when combined with a shadow priest.

Oh yeah, and Ret can now break allies out of pretty much any CC.

Sac for magic CC, HoP for physical CC.
Blizzard actually looking at Ret is all well and good, but maybe the hardcore PVPers are seeing something I'm not. People are praising the change.

It basically just gives Ret a magical cleanse which Holy Paladins already bring and since the point of this buff was to differentiate Ret from Holy and make them more desirable I don't see the reasoning here.

Holy can dispel one effect at the cost of a global every eight seconds; Ret will be able to dispel everything in one global...But only once every two minutes; twice with Clemency. It's a lackluster and potentially meaningless change, but I think the best think to take away from it is that Blizz is looking at Ret in PvP.

Also further cementing one and only one viable talent choice in Clemency in that Tier is not a good thing in my opinion when these redesigned talent trees are supposed to be all about choice.

Agreed. It's hardly a playstyle choice when one talent gives you such a clear and superior advantage - especially in organized team play, like raiding and PvP.
Holy can dispel one effect at the cost of a global every eight seconds; Ret will be able to dispel everything in one global

Cleanse dispels every effect on the target, there's no difference in that regard.
Grog, All heal-spec cleanses remove all dispellable debuffs now, not just one magic debuff.
Do they? I haven't been Holy in so long. >_>
We suck at Empress!

01/30/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Do they? I haven't been Holy in so long. >_>

It was part of the change to dispels!