Need for Heroic LFR. Current LFR too easy.

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 4 5 6
02/14/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Zaxan
The only drawback I can see about this system would be
queue times...

ppl would wait forever to get a group going since the majority of the playerbase is not interested in being the best player they possibly can be...

if they were interested in it, there would be alot more raiders doing normal/heroic raids and guilds would not be complaining about not being able to find raiders to fill their normal/heroic raid rosters

Queue times would not be adversely affected.

Remember healers are the bottleneck to queue times not anything else. If you can get more healers in LFR or raise the ratio of healers to dps/tanks, you'll see shorter queues.
02/14/2013 02:15 PMPosted by Postonforums
Difficult enough that you cannot ignore most mechanics

Tier 15 is supposed to follow this rule, but the stack buff is removing that, and just going to cause wipe runs, which is the badside of their new system.

Hate that we're forced to run these for trinkets

Do you think people will deliberately wipe to cause the buff?
02/14/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Attackknight

If that works, of course they will.

But don't worry; the stacking buff system will either never go in, or be ripped out (or made irrelevant by nerfs) soon enough. It's a horrendously bad idea that won't do anything good.

I guarentee you that some groups will do it.

and it will suck to be one of the people in said group that's capable of killing the boss 2 difficulties higher, and still see people spend 45 mins to save 5 mins of a fight (Think about how often your group wipes from someone doing a "time saver" already)
"Do you think people will deliberately wipe to cause the buff?"

If this system had existed in T14, do you NOT think that people would have done it deliberately on Week 1 Will or Week 1 Garalon because they wouldn't want to "waste time wiping anyway"?

They may have logicked that they could wipe on WIll 10 times in the time it takes to just go through 1 wipe anyway, so it's better from their time to get 10 stacks and not care about actually handling or wiping to mechanics.
02/14/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Slashlove
If this system had existed in T14, do you NOT think that people would have done it deliberately on Week 1 Will or Week 1 Garalon because they wouldn't want to "waste time wiping anyway"?

Nah, in week 1 they wouldn't have known that they were going to wipe until they did. It's week 2 or 3 that people might be tempted to do a couple fast wipes before starting for real.

I doubt it would be popular though. I'd be inclined to votekick anyone who even suggests it.
Garalon LFR wipes were caused by people ignoring mechanics. I am not sure how useful the buff would be.
I can see the following behavior starting up.

People will get a set of low level trash gear, then transmog it to look like raid gear. If wipes are common, then just before the first few pulls, they will swap on this trash gear, so the wipe doesn't cost them much in repairs. The only way anyone could tell they were slacking would be looking at the health/logs or inspecting their gear closely.

Of course, if enough people do this, it becomes functionally equivalent to the group deliberately wiping.

The fundamental problem remains that the cost of slacking in LFR is mostly inflicted on the group, not the slacker. So, there is every incentive to slack.

This is now the way to get #1 LFR parses (which some people actually care about for reasons which are beyond me).
02/14/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Attackknight
Queue times would not be adversely affected.
02/14/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Zaxan
ppl would wait forever to get a group going since the majority of the playerbase is not interested in being the best player they possibly can be...
including healers
02/15/2013 06:38 AMPosted by Kittyblaze
This is now the way to get #1 LFR parses (which some people actually care about for reasons which are beyond me).

Spamming wowheroes with worldoflog ranks is fun.
02/15/2013 10:06 PMPosted by Zaxan
including healers

Again - the proportion of healers to dps/tanks is what matters. Not the absolute amount of healers.
02/17/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Attackknight
including healers

Again - the proportion of healers to dps/tanks is what matters. Not the absolute amount of healers.
and most of them dont care about being the best game player they can be and would not be queuing for anything harder the LFR mode, just like most of them dont raid anything harder then LFR right now...