[Suggestion] Bring back the Night!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
I soooo miss the days of questing at night! I loved how the rain, glow from the moon, sun sets and glorious night skies changed my gameplay. This made quest areas feel new and different.. Duskwood was Awesome, creepy and fun to prowl around in at night. Nighttime changed the mood and made my heart pound as i was half scared questing and watching out for creatures unknown.

Blizz plz bring back night time!!
/signed

I miss the darkness please bring it back blizz!
Night would be very good, daytime all the time is rather boring.
It has already been said in this thread but...

Not having night really really takes away from the game immersion. Having played this game from the start when the day changed to night it made you feel more connected to the world and your character... you felt like you had spent a long day questing and in adventure and if you played late it felt dangerous and exciting.

Bring it back... so many changes in the game and I still enjoy it but some of these "cosmetic" changes really impact a game that is supposed to envelope you as a character.
Totally agree, 1+
Yep I didn't realize this had gone away either. When did that happen anyway? I'm all for darkness again. Did Azeroth magically just stop rotating around the sun? Make using a lighted item or torch useful again plz.

+1 you have my vote.
The only reason I can see that night was taken away is that there are players with vision issues that may have a hard time playing in dark environments, as well as weather wreaking havoc on older computers. That said, I would love to see real environmental changes brought back, and maybe under settings just have 'enable weather and real time night/day'. I would think that should appease both parties. Those who want it, and those who possibly can't play with it on.

Not sure if we'll get a blue poster on this, but I would love to find out why it was taken out.

On a personal note, I would kill to have in game weather match my local weather, especially during tornado season... 'Was that Grommash Hold that just flew past me? Oh look, there goes Garrosh!!!'
When my first toon entered Azeroth back in vanilla, it was always in the evenings that I would play. Having the sun set and night befall the kingdom of SW was actually very immersive and magical.

This would be awesome to bring back.

/support
I agree with OP. I used to run only at night, because of the immersion and wonderful it felt.
As someone who works graveyard, I do admit having most my play time being during the "night" got pretty annoying.

However, Age of Conan also had a day/night cycle of around 6 hours, and I loved it. It was also more immersive then "real world" time, as it felt like actual days were passing in the game world while I was traveling.

Jandi, I wonder if having an 'inverted cycle' would help for people in your situation. Just flip the clock by 12 hours, and voila.. midnight is now noon!
/signed
Wow, I hadn't played back then but I must admit, that looks so much better! Love it, would def support the return!
/signed

Though it did seem like I was always playing in the dark
I soooo miss the days of questing at night! I loved how the rain, glow from the moon, sun sets and glorious night skies changed my gameplay. This made quest areas feel new and different.. Duskwood was Awesome, creepy and fun to prowl around in at night. Nighttime changed the mood and made my heart pound as i was half scared questing and watching out for creatures unknown.

Blizz plz bring back night time!!

No more need be said. So true.
so true i didnt notice, bring back the night! it really amped up the immersion in game play i loved it
Since I play at the same time usually, my day cycle would always appear the same. Not much fun in that.

I would like to see a dark / day cycle. If day/night was double time (based on your clock rather than server time which doesn't mean much anyhow) and you had the option to turn it off (always day), it would be awesome.