Any news on the craftable weapons in 5.2?

Professions
I'm curious what item level they will end up being at last evolution. I haven't had luck with daggers in normal and LFR so I may be depending on them to progress
I do not believe that information has been released yet.

I hope it's reasonable given the high material costs.
I'd like a crafted epic wand myself, so I have a chance to actually use a wand-offhand combination if I feel like it sometime. Right now, I don't have a wand I can combine with an inscribed fan that could match what I get from the staves that are available.
I was really hoping to get blue feedback on this to be honest. I've killed well over 20 bosses and haven't gotten a weapon yet.
Good luck getting a dagger. I've given up on that. I've been 90 for a couple months, and I still have the daggers I got as quest rewards or drops a couple levels ago. I would kill for a couple good daggers, but nothing ever comes up on AH, and I despise the whole dungeon thing.
I saw some info that the items will be BoE and 463 ilvl. Or at least the one item I saw was, I guess it's unfair to assume all of them will be the same.
01/30/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Deezsneak
Good luck getting a dagger. I've given up on that. I've been 90 for a couple months, and I still have the daggers I got as quest rewards or drops a couple levels ago. I would kill for a couple good daggers, but nothing ever comes up on AH, and I despise the whole dungeon thing.
Give scenarios a try. If you queue specifically for Arena you'll get a 450 dagger on your first run as a quest reward, and then if you didn't hate doing that, run some random scenarios - the bag you get at the end has a shot at 463 weapons.
I would assume the final, upgraded ilvls will be 502 to match the T15 LFR drops. It is also possible though that Blizzard is using the crafted weapons to get fresh 90s out of T14 content faster by allowing for a 463/476/489 upgrade path, rather then waiting for weapon drops (biggest dps increase) from RNG.
Item level 463 doesn't make sense: it would be a blue item, and there would be easier alternatives. There are also 4 tiers, so if we keep this in mind, eliminate the 463 item level, and then apply your theory:

476 -> 489 -> 496 -> 502
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94581

Don't look at me, I just report what I see.
That's terrible. :c
01/31/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Wisemansfear
That's terrible. :c

Requires Level 70

Hell no...

In all likelihood this is a bug and the level requirement will be fixed before released.
Chance on hit on a spell caster item, odds are unfinished.

Still would be an awesome level 70 item:)
I'm certain that some things will change, level 70 is certainly being used as a placeholder.

That said I'm not holding out much hope for items of raid quality just now.
01/31/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Wisemansfear
Item level 463 doesn't make sense: it would be a blue item, and there would be easier alternatives. There are also 4 tiers, so if we keep this in mind, eliminate the 463 item level, and then apply your theory:

463 makes perfect sense assuming Blizzard doesn't want players skipping content. But that would also be the base item. Blizzard would still want you to farm T15 content for 5.2 weapons, even if you are limited to LFR content.
Hell no...

In all likelihood this is a bug and the level requirement will be fixed before released.

Click on the tab for 'REAGENT FOR'. This weapon is not meant to be used, unless as a stopgap I guess, it's meant as a reagent for the new epic weapon.

The epic crafted weapons haven't had their ilvl announced yet. I would assume they'll follow the precedent they set from the Firelands daily weapons and make them 6 ilvls higher than regmode gear from the previous tier. My prediction is the new weapons are ilvl 502.
[quote] My prediction is the new weapons are ilvl 502.

I agree, the final weapon needs to be AT LEAST 502. I honestly think they should be 509-515 but I wouldn't complain about 502.
With new raid items levels being in the 520s, I dont see how these weapons will help us: people with bad RNG and no daggers after over a month and a half of raiding both normals and LFR, progress through content.