Possible Hand of Sacrifice buff for Ret

Paladin
01/31/2013 06:42 AMPosted by Hangakufever
is nobody actually seeing how awesome of a buff this is

Not really seeing it since Holy can already dispel magic effects with cleanse and they don't have the issue of taking damage in the process
01/31/2013 08:01 AMPosted by Apophys
is nobody actually seeing how awesome of a buff this is

Not really seeing it since Holy can already dispel magic effects with cleanse and they don't have the issue of taking damage in the process

To be fair, this doesn't differentiate us much from Holy, but it does differentiate us quite a bit from other Melee DPS.
Cleanse works 1 magic effect at a time, this would instantly remove ALL of them at once. A TAD bit better than a holy paladin cleanse.

Being able to remove deep freezes and fears is always a good thing I suppose..

Oh wait.. does Holy paladin cleanse remove ALL effects too?

Let me google real quick cuz IDK... don't ever play holy.
Oh never mind it does the same thing. LoL!

Oh well. I guess they failed when they tried to differentiate ret form holy but I still say it's a buff I'd be willing to try out. At this point, I'll take any buff as opposed to the constant nerfs.
Blizzard dev squad agreeing with the vast majority of players on design flaws?

I don't buy it.

Reported for trolling.

I know. I'm skeptical too. The sky isn't falling, is it?
01/30/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Jackishi
- We agree that Retribution does not offer enough benefits to an Arena or Battleground team beyond just taking a Holy paladin. We are going to try a change where Hand of Sacrifice also dispels all harmful magic effects on the target for Ret only.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7593740975?page=68#1345

Keep in mind, things aren't final, but this is a really cool change (and subsequently makes Clemency that much more amazing).
Secretly scared, quietly excited on this front. It could be a major pve buff - ret being the only dps who can now cleanse magic on allies (fact check on that?). I think all ret players (and ret devs) are gun shy and have been for years about giving ret any kind of buff and dread the outpouring of hate that any ret buff will garner.
Maybe Hand of Purity can, in addition to its current effect, reduce the CD of hand spells by ~20%. Then add Freedom and Sac to Unbreakable Spirit.
01/31/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Hafleur
Maybe Hand of Purity can, in addition to its current effect, reduce the CD of hand spells by ~20%. Then add Freedom and Sac to Unbreakable Spirit.

I don't know. Part of me wonders if that'd make Hand of Purity a really loaded talent, never mind that despite its buffs it's still the least popular talent of the tier (whether or not that's due to effectiveness of the spell or simply the popularity of the other two is debatable). Though, I'll admit, I am of the opinion that Unbreakable Spirit *should* have affected Hand Spells in addition to its current effects.
01/31/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Jackishi
To be fair, this doesn't differentiate us much from Holy, but it does differentiate us quite a bit from other Melee DPS.

But their failed aim was address why bring a Ret when a Holy has the same toolkit, they can already dispel magic effects with cleanse, what does this change? Nothing and theirs isn't tied to taking 30% damage
what a terrible enhancement for ret pallys. most improvements are to help with the persons role (dps, heal, tank) and I'm not tanking with my ret, just looking to get a littlet extra dps.

possibly the worst enhancement of WoD
dat necro
03/01/2015 05:42 PMPosted by Nesta
what a terrible enhancement for ret pallys. most improvements are to help with the persons role (dps, heal, tank) and I'm not tanking with my ret, just looking to get a littlet extra dps.

possibly the worst enhancement of WoD

Actually, ret is a support role. so this actually helps that tremendously. 30% damage reduction and removing a harmful magic effect on a trained teammate is huge...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, this thread is being locked. Please try not to revive old threads, also referred to as "Necroing."

Should you have something new to contribute to a particular topic, feel free to create a brand new thread :)

Thank you for your understanding.

- Forum Staff