The Brawler's Guild (OOC/Sign-ups)

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
02/02/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Khairn
Out of practice my !@# ein :P

That's Moloch and the Shadow Corps for you: arrogant to a fault. von Zinzer is one of my favorite characters to write, mainly because he subscribes to the opposite of my own worldview. As what could be described as a "classical" conservative, Moloch believes that the majority of intelligent beings are, essentially, stupid or at least incapable of recognizing their own long-term interests.

As such, the masses require an elite few to guide them into a more civilized and enlightened world, and if those elites happen to have more power and privileges than the masses, well... perks of the job. Moloch is, of course, one of those elites and therefore above the majority of people. To compound matters, he is practically the living personification of the chief cardinal sin: pride. Like I said, he's just so much fun to write. Throw in a bit of Norse ideology (the part concerning battles and dying in them), a perversion of the ancient Greek system of arete, and some of the sense of honor of an ancient European noble, and you have Moloch von Zinzer.

Considering how I had originally designed him to be a foil to your character of Fenris, Ashok, I'm actually rather happy with how Moloch's ended up.
02/02/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Einherrjar
Considering how I had originally designed him to be a foil to your character of Fenris, Ashok, I'm actually rather happy with how Moloch's ended up.

Oh now you make me want to bring in Fenris... God I haven't RP'd him in forever.

02/02/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Azurara
I've been watching this thread for a bit but have been wondering whether to put a sign up or not.

Please do there is still room! :D Knowing some people will drop out just sign up and we will get you in!
Are food and/or drinks being served?
02/02/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Silvestris
Are food and/or drinks being served?

Yes there is a small bar for the brawler's in the Pit where you can get food and drinks.
Name: Azurara Leafblade

Race: Kal’dorei

Class: Mage

Description (Without Armor and weapons): Azurara stands at seven feet even with short teal hair and light blue skin. Being very young night elf wise she has yet to receive her facial tattoos as is a traditional rite of passage for her people. While she keeps herself in shape she is in no way a melee fighter.

Equipment: She wears simple cloth robes and an ornate staff. With leather shoes for better protection in rugged terrain. Dependent mainly on magic she only carries bandages and a couple healing potions.

Brief History: An utter failure as a druid, an archer, and even a warrior Azurara found her calling in the Arcane. Despite what her mother wanted she went to Stormwind to begin her training, then during the Lich King War she moved to Dalaran where her studies doubled. She joined the Kirin’tor just before the Cataclysm. She then went to Pandaria as part of Operation Shield wall until she received a blood stained invitation to the brawlers guild.

Why you are in the Brawler's Guild: One week ago she received a blood stained invitation written in her Aunt’s hand writing. Her aunt Lynara Leafblade was believed to have been killed in Theramore. She has come to the brawlers guild to find out if her aunt had been here, and if she was still alive.

Whelp there it is, not entirely thrilled with it, but im really tired so yeah.
Name: Fellix Solo

Race: Goblin

Class: Hunter

Description (Without Armor and weapons): He Felix stands at 3.5 and has red eyes. His hair is brown and has somewhat of a Mohawk going.

Equipment: He has a light mail hood that is mostly to make him look threatening. He proudly wears a tabrid showing the colors of the horde. Underneath it is a mail shirt with a design going up the sleeves. He has plan mail pants and boots. His weapon is a silver gun with a long scope. The gun also has a silver fishing pole attached to the bottom of it.

Brief History: Fellix Solo gained his nickname Longshot when he lived on Kezan. He was forced to leave the island because of Deathwing. He allied with the horde and met a Draenie named Kesko. They became friends because of a common hobby with fishing and went on adventures. Felix however only goes on the adventures to make profit.
Like a stereotypical goblin he has a snarky attitude, is obsessed with money, and has a ego bigger than a kodo.

Why you are in the Brawler's Guild: Fellix joined the Brawler’s guild to make a quick profit and try to scam unfortunate brawlers.

1/2
Name: Kesko

Race: Draenie

Class: Shaman

Description (Without Armor and weapons): Kisko stands at 7.4 and bright blue shinning eyes. He has two tendrils going down from his face and spiked backed white-grey hair.

Equipment: Kesko has a brown linen shirt and pants. He has brown rubber gloves and boots. A brown hat covers some of his face that looks like a fisherman’s hat with some cuts on the brim of it. He has a steel fishing pole and carries a tackle box and a portable fridge.

Brief History: Kesko was a fisherman, shaman, and a cook. Kesko joined the alliance with the other Draenie. He spent most of his life fishing and adventuring new lands. He met a goblin named Fellix and became good friends because of a common interest in fishing.
Kesko has a calm attitude and gets along with many races.

Why you are in the Brawler's Guild: Kesko joined the brawler’s guild to make sure Fellix doesn’t get himself killed.

2/2
Good posts so far! Azurara accepted! Kesko I cannot accept you your history is rather bland and a Draenie and Goblin who are still allied to their factions becoming great friends just through fishing? I find it difficult to swallow, now if they were over the war and so on then maybe but your history doesn't give me a whole lot to work with.

Still waiting on some other people to post before I post again ending my fight and starting the next one.
Name: Kenneth Sender

Race: Human

Class: Death Knight

Description (Without Armor and weapons): Kenneth has a height of 5 11. He has pale cold skin and unholy blue eyes. He has a many small scars and a large scar going down the right side of his face. He lost his ability to grow his hair so is bald. However he is very strong and surprisingly quick on his feet.
Kenneth has a twisted thinking pattern and shows no emotions of kindness, love, or humanity. He walks around with a frown on his face and only gives a crazed looking grin when his enemies have fallen.

Equipment: Kenneth has black armor with glowing red lines going down his chest plate. His leggings have a green line going down the front of each leg. His head piece covers his whole face excluding his eyes leaving a blue stare coming from the helm.
Kenneth carries a huge two handed cleaver with a green strip going through the middle of the cleaver. It's blade is very cold and the hilt is black.
Attacked to his belt he has two metal fist weapons. They have a small dagger on each one.

Brief History: Kenneth was an orphan and trained in the art of being a warrior. At the age of 20 he mastered his training and joined the Stromwind guard to protect the city of Stormwind. He was a silent type and did not talk to many people.
After a while he befriended a paladin named Fredrick. They became great friends and nothing would change it. However, 5 years later they were sent to the eastern plague lands to help stop the scourge. Fredrick was killed in battle 3 years after being sent down to the plague lands and Kenneth became filled with rage. He went on a killing spree taking down many scourge minions but was overwhelmed and slain.
Kenneth awoke as a Death knight, servant of the Lich King. He let his rage takeover and became insane having a thirst for death. He still gained a short temper and only cared for himself. Kenneth rose against the Lich King by rejoining the alliance. After the Lich King’s fall, Kenneth joined arenas for the thrill of killing.

Why you are in the Brawler's Guild: Kenneth joined the Brawler’s guild for the sheer fun of slaughtering his opponents.
Name: Aldiran "The Colossus" Draxian

Race: Kaldorei

Class: Warrior

Description (Without Armor and weapons): The abnormal elf stands tall at 8 feet and 2 inches. He weighs much more than the standard kaldorei due to his height and amount of muscle on his person, aswell as the small amount of body fat. He has light blue skin and dull grey eyes. He has long white hair that goes down to his lower back in the rear view, and to his shoulders in the frontal view.

Equipment: Aldiran wears heavy plated armor. Due to his muscle, it isn't as heavy to him as to a normal being. He bares two massive obsidian axes with huge blades. The axes have a magical core in their center. It doesn't do much to affect his skills in battle.

Brief History: Aldiran is naturally tall in nature, no one really knew how it was possible. He had always been a strong boy when he was growing up. He use to play with all the other kaldorei children in Ashenvale. When he was growing up however, Aldiran was discriminated for being a much taller fellow. He spent his time alone, segregated from all the others. Now that he is fully grown, he likes to fight and get into trouble with others. He goes to taverns and gets drunk. He bets his money that he can win fights against other drunk patrons.

Why you are in the Brawler's Guild: Aldiran has always loved to fight, he gets into drunken fights all the time with other drunks. He even walks around Stormwind, looking young people, guards, adventurers, etc. to scrap with. He heard about the Brawler's Guild and fought a guy for an invitation. Aldiran pummeled the man and took the invitation and earned entry to the fight club.
Tyr,

My schedule went downhill rapidly. I'll try and get a post up later, if not I'll tag you in game this evening.
Tyr,

My schedule went downhill rapidly. I'll try and get a post up later, if not I'll tag you in game this evening.

Sounds fine to me RL > RP

Kenneth and Aldiran both accepted!

I'm going to get my post up since Alabron has posted so we can keep moving forward!
So it's in the Gurrobashi arena? I just want to double check to make sure I have it clear in my own head.
02/04/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Azurara
So it's in the Gurrobashi arena? I just want to double check to make sure I have it clear in my own head.

yes it is a 100 meter area for fighting surrounded by small stands where drink and food and other things are being sold. Crowds of people fill the bleacher area off from the sand arena floor with more stands for food and drink. All brawlers are on the sands as per the Guild's rules.

Adding names to the list now!

Alabron here is your opponent:

Rocky the Crocolisk
Abilities: Chomp Chomp! (Dodgeable, 1s cast time: Attempts to pin you in front of him taking massive damage as he bites you 5 times in a row), Swipe (Slow effect)
Passives: Hardened Skin (Reduced damage from ranged attacks), Soft Skin (The crocolisk's eyes, underbelly and joint areas have softer skin making them susceptible to taking lots of damage)
Posts to defeat: 2
Say, Ashok: when it's Moloch's turn, would you be alright if he simply jumped into the arena from his spot in the lowest tier? Justification: he does have some of the side effects of being a Worgen, it's low to the ground, the ground is sand, it would be a flashy entrance, and von Zinzer is just a showoff plain and simple.
I'm writing.

Slowly.

Mostly ranting about CPR dummies.
Sorry about not getting a post in just yet. Got knocked off my feet by some virus, and spent the last two days hiding under eleven billion blankets with nasty chills(and still couldn't stay warm). :(

I'm starting to feel better and not fatigued as much, so I'll get posting tomorrow.
ill probably have a post up tomorrow.
Hey guys, I'll try and get a post up soon.
02/04/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Einherrjar
Say, Ashok: when it's Moloch's turn, would you be alright if he simply jumped into the arena from his spot in the lowest tier? Justification: he does have some of the side effects of being a Worgen, it's low to the ground, the ground is sand, it would be a flashy entrance, and von Zinzer is just a showoff plain and simple.

He's next in line so its not really a long wait and no he can't just jump in.