Downloading the game troubles

Mac Technical Support
i have recently gotten a new computer and i am trying to download world of warcraft launcher aswell as diablo 3 and strarcraft 2.. i am on a mac and have tried several times but the download windows says checking for updates hours on end if any one could let me know any other way or how to fix it it would be greatly appreciated. P.S i downloaded the classic games and it worked just fine like diablo 2 and warcraft3
When the window is stuck like that, that can indicate a connection issue. Are you using a wireless network to connect, or are you connected to a modem directly?

Also, can you post your system specs?

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)
a
Do you have an old computer with a wow folder on it ?

Did you try just copying it over ?
i do have wow on a thumb drive but i dont have starcraft or diablo
i am on a mac and have tried several times but the download windows says checking for updates hours on end if any one could let

This checking for updates window.

Is it on the Launcher or before the Launcher comes up ?

I have a suspicion on which part of the system isn't working , just need some confirmation. A screenshot of the error uploaded to imgur.com or dropcanvas.com would be good.

Try going to Mac HD -> Users -> Shared and deleting the Battle.net and Blizzard folders.
it is before the launcher just a small window with the wow symbol and a disc on the bottom right
i just deleted the files you said to and know the download bar has gone up to 3/4 of the way to finnish and now it says updating blizzard update agent
sorry guys turns out my mac didnt have the newest version of osx sorry !! *facepalm*
so it worked with the osx update?? i had the same issue...now that i read this i updated my mac..hope it works. Thanks man