Why leave?

Battlegrounds
I have a question. I've ended up in random BGs right before the end (I mean within a min or less) when our team lost. I'm assuming someone bailed on the match. Sometimes I don't even have time to get mounted and figure out the lay of the land before the match ends.

Question is why? It's seconds till the end. Why would someone want to take the 15 min debuff? Is there some reason they would want to pad their win/loss ratio number?

Just seems odd to me.
They could just be rage quitting and logging off.
Sometimes people have more important things come up (in life, or in-game) and don't hesitate to leave a random battleground. Could be rage quitting, could be avoiding a loss on their record. Doesn't really matter either way.
The thing is, nobody takes the win/loss number seriously, because we all know people bail to eliminate losses from their history.

I've rage quit a handful...mostly if I leave a bg, it's a phone call, and I might as well bail before I'm kicked, at least I minimize the time spent with a short handed team.
Literally noone at all cares about your rando w/l numbers when forming rbgs they care about your cr mmr and arena experience everything else means nothing. Then again I love getting in a bg for 10 secs to get a free 40 honor so please keep doing it rofl.
Like the above states nobody cares about your ratio. As for reasons for leaving I don't understand the people that leave right before the match is over that's just dumb. However people that leave early on are generally making a judgment call. If you see that the collective IQ of all the rest of your team is somewhere around room temp it's a good idea to bail quick. Most everyone is honor capped. So only thing that matters is Conquest.

Wasting time in a game that you have zero chance of winning is a waste of time. So waiting for the rest to login I que for a few games. The last one had two 5 mans in it probably working together noticing how they were moving in a ball. Personally don't care I consider this to be fair game. However the moment they start to grave camp I see the timer is 17 minutes. Right there it's faster to take deserter then to get camped for that time.

Secondly I have multiple 90s. So I can drop swap characters and get in to another match that we may have a slight chance of winning.

Repeat is same. You can loose long worthless games or you can cycle and at least get some conquest.
I would like to answer this for ally. As for horde I have no answer.

For ally, the DESERT-DEBUF is our only way of getting our input to the bly devs to fix pvp.
When you DESERT, instead of hanging out even the last 15 seconds, you send a message to bly, THIS STINKS. And the message to bly is so BAD for ally, that bly does not post the DESERT numbers.
If I see my team is a scrub team (an uphill battle is one thing that I enjoy, an awful group is one thing I despise), I'll just log on to a different 90 toon and re-queue. I don't care about losing, it's part of the game, but I'm not going to beat myself over the head because my team is full of bads/bots/afkers that have no shot at even putting up a fight.
The question isn't, "why do you leave?" The question is rather, "why leave with a few seconds left?"

Protecting some stat is at least a reason. Rage quitting is a reason.

"I don't want to waste my time," or "scrub teams don't deserve me", these don't sound valid to me.

If you are leaving in the final couple of minutes of a bg, you've already "wasted" your time, and will now waste more time while the debuff runs its course. In that case, who are you trying to punish? If it's not a punishment, who are you making your point to (not counting yourself)?
Finally, if those people don't deserve to play with you, and you're willing to take action on that principle, then why are you queueing to play with random people anyway? If you really play that well, then most people are going to be worse than you.

I'm really asking, by the way.
02/02/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Agnus
The question isn't, "why do you leave?" The question is rather, "why leave with a few seconds left?"

Oh, misread it.

Yea leaving with seconds left is just dumb. You must be pretty pissed if you would rather get a 15-min debuff over a loss. Just finish the game like a man. Losing happens.

It could also be, the person gave up 5 mins prior since it was a obvious loss, went afk, and gets flagged in the last minute or two of the game since he's just sitting in the GY, and gets booted.
02/02/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Swiftylicous
It could also be, the person gave up 5 mins prior since it was a obvious loss, went afk, and gets flagged in the last minute or two of the game since he's just sitting in the GY, and gets booted.

That didn't occur to me.
Another one of these threads?

This game pisses people off. Anyone who says they dont get pissed off in this game at all, is a liar.

If my team is terrible, I leave to prevent being..pissed off. I can play alts, talk on the forums, take a dump, fap, whatever.

And I do...because the maker of this game gave me the ability to do so.
02/02/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Tooskosa
but why leave when there is 10 seconds left? like you were willing to put up with a terrible match up for the entire game but that last 10-30 seconds just totally pushed you over the edge or something?

I was okay with this thread until you posted this comment.

AARRRGH!

I QUIT!
If we were talking about lower level battlegrounds, then you get a chunk of XP when the game ends, win or lose. If you're trying to slow your leveling process without turning off xp then bailing right before the end can help with that.
^^^ That's an interesting take.