So we are killing for War crimes?

Story Forum
Prev 1 14 15 16
02/07/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Alarielle
Explain Godfry, and at lvl 1 when you make an undead, that one undead makes a group of undead to kill other undead.

Godfrey had a chip on his shoulder. I don't know how you'd explain a newly risen undead joining the Forsaken at all, really. Especially since they're members of the Horde.
02/07/2013 08:43 AMPosted by Cbredbeard
The Forsaken are closer to drones than people.

This describes a lot of real life humans, too. :-/
02/06/2013 04:57 PMPosted by Egrem
I don't think any are villains.

By the end of the series, Kratos is straight up Chaotic Evil. Millions of innocent people die as a direct result of his actions and he doesn't care one whit as long as he gets what he wants. He's a villain protagonist.

Yeah I was gonna go there.

Kratos is arguably WORSE than the Gods by this point.
Honestly war crimes are defined by the wining side. For example if America lost world war II our leaders would of probably been charged with war crimes and executed.
So if they attack first then you are allowed to cease their existence?

(The elves attacked the orcs first.)

Honestly this entire thread has became the alliance denying that they have done anything bad ever.

It's ironic.
You clearly want to be on the side that is totally justified and right and lily white like a virgin's bridal gown. You try so desperately (and pathetically and ineffectually) to argue that the Horde is right and just in everything is does or can possibly do.

It comes off as ironic to those of us who HATE that the Alliance is being forced into that same mold, into "lawful good overdrive" in Metzen's own sad words.

People who pick a Forsaken of all things to play, but who want to be praised as good, noble, heroes of virtue, self defense and righteousness? You're either delusional or an idiot. Your faction and race were explicitly created by Blizzard to be the darkest and the edgiest combination, to cater to the imaginations of the saddest of persecuted little goth kids, yet you play one, wishing it were some kind of paladin. Turn in your !@#$ing warlock card. You're making me sad; looking at your flailing, desperate, aggrieved posts makes me sad.

I wish the Alliance did more bad things. I wish we hung Forsaken like you from trees for the wolves to eat your legs off while the rest of you squirms, crows plucking out your eyes. I wish we practiced just an ounce of Reap what You Sow and no faction has sown as much as the Forsaken. Instead, we're the altruistic-to-the-point-of-suicide faction. Is that what you want? Because that is apparently how Blizzard defines a "good" faction. That is how Metzen demands it.

You, though? Huh. You're like a person playing a %^-* in a WW2 sim who complains when doing so paints you as the bad guy. You don't want to be the bad guy, do you? You want everyone to see that your hands and conscience are as clear as an unmuddied river.

Here's a god damn clue for you:
You. are. the. bad. guy.

And just like the !@#$s may never completely lose in a Company of Heroes game, you won't lose either. But you are the bad guy. Look at your character, look at the quests you've done and the tone of your quest givers. Look at the very mood music and atmosphere of your zones. LOOK at them and realize it. Go ahead.

There's this thing called outside, you might want to try it.
02/06/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Quard
If only the orcs had these... spellcasters, of some kind, who knew how to commune with and rejuvenate the earth.

That, or why didn't they just march some loggers out to Azshara, to which Orgrimmar has a gate?

Logic went out the door so that we could have another excuse to gank each other.
02/01/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Kelisaria

The Alliance has not committed a single war crime in this war, with the sole exception of that mindblowingly dumb Goblin intro that was never mentioned again.

*cough* Jaina Proudmoore attempted genocide *cough*

Except she didnt attempt it. She was ABOUT to, but stood down when Thrall and Kalec talked her out of it, so still no war crime. If she had actually wanted after they showed up she would've done it
02/06/2013 08:18 AMPosted by Dashiiva
Only the Horde have commited warcrimes. The Alliance's attack against Camp T was not a warcrime. The Horde's invasion into Gilneas and Ashenvale were not warcrimes (though they were douch moves). Using the plague in Southshore and Gilneas, bombing Theramore, those however were warcrimes.

Oh my, what have you done?

Camp T was done be renegade soldiers from a criminal battalion that Alliance players put down once word reaches command what they did. War crimes generally cannot be committed by a faction that kills the perpetrators of said crimes on sight.