GW2 PVP had it right!

Battlegrounds
Few months ago i picked up GW2. enjoyed playing the game for a while, but it fizzled out for me so i picked WoW back up about 2 months after MoP release.
OK, what was so hot about GW2 PVP? Simply this. It was 100% skill based (minus horrendous class imbalances). You all get base-line pvp gear, that is customizable through what we in WoW call secondary stats. In WoW terms it would mean that you all received (lets say a mage) gear with x-intellegence and x-stam. your secondary stats are customizable by you via runes. Kinda like gems for us. So everyone has the same gear essentially, but you place in your secondary stats to suit your build or spec. Changing out the stats is free in GW2 so this allows you to keep trying new things.
A lot of people like to work toward rewards, and not having a new tier of gear is a major downer to some. What GW2 let you do was unlock new and cooler skins to x-mog that base-line gear you got. Essentially if you ran into a dude who's weapons and armor made him look just terrifying, you could rest assure that he was a skilled player to have unlocked the better looking gear. When you 1v1 someone and get rolled up, it's not because he had a t2 weapon that auto attacked you to death, it's cause you were out played.
When i played their version of pvp i was just in awe, FINALLY, something that players had complained about in multiple MMO's and these people gave us what we wanted.
All that aside, GW2 sucked, it dried up to me faster that SWTOR did and i haven't let that thing run an update in like 4 months. I would love to see this in WoW, it's a fair concept of skill over gear, with reward still there. It allows any player to jump strait into pvp and be competitive. Some people will disagree, but thats because they have no _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank).
The reason all these games start to fail is because they lack progression in PvP.

It's the one thing WoW does right. Normalizing gear is not the correct path for MMO's to take. Making gear accessible like in 5.2, while still requiring legwork is how you do it. WoW has a balance of skill, gear, and time-invested - and this keeps players coming back.

And once you actually are competitive in RBG's or Arena, the gear is pretty-much baselined.
Few months ago i picked up GW2. enjoyed playing the game for a while, but it fizzled out for me so i picked WoW back up about 2 months after MoP release.
OK, what was so hot about GW2 PVP? Simply this. It was 100% skill based (minus horrendous class imbalances). You all get base-line pvp gear, that is customizable through what we in WoW call secondary stats. In WoW terms it would mean that you all received (lets say a mage) gear with x-intellegence and x-stam. your secondary stats are customizable by you via runes. Kinda like gems for us. So everyone has the same gear essentially, but you place in your secondary stats to suit your build or spec. Changing out the stats is free in GW2 so this allows you to keep trying new things.
A lot of people like to work toward rewards, and not having a new tier of gear is a major downer to some. What GW2 let you do was unlock new and cooler skins to x-mog that base-line gear you got. Essentially if you ran into a dude who's weapons and armor made him look just terrifying, you could rest assure that he was a skilled player to have unlocked the better looking gear. When you 1v1 someone and get rolled up, it's not because he had a t2 weapon that auto attacked you to death, it's cause you were out played.
When i played their version of pvp i was just in awe, FINALLY, something that players had complained about in multiple MMO's and these people gave us what we wanted.
All that aside, GW2 sucked, it dried up to me faster that SWTOR did and i haven't let that thing run an update in like 4 months. I would love to see this in WoW, it's a fair concept of skill over gear, with reward still there. It allows any player to jump strait into pvp and be competitive. Some people will disagree, but thats because they have no _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the blank).

GW 2 has extremely more class imbalance than WoW does. When I lost a 1v1, it was because I was fighting a god mode Mesmer.

Regardless, it is safe to say 5.2 has the potential to make this games PvP far superior than any others, including GW
GW2 PvP was fantastic. Only problem is mid November they decided to change the game to gear grind that you have to grind out the same PvE instance to get the best PvP gear. The game now has more grind then WoW dailies. Doing the same one instance over and over to get a RNG chances at the best PvP gear is not entertaining.