RET. DAMAGE BUFF INCOMING :)

Paladin
Paladin
- We are going to try Grand Crusader proc'd by CS, HotR and dodge and parry (at lower chances for each).
- We are going to buff Seal of Justice and Seal of Righteousness damage. Neither of these Seals is seeing enough use. Justice was always intended to be a strong PvP Seal, and it just isn't right now. We haven't solidified numbers yet - I'm just sharing our intent.

- Ghostcrawler

Finally, FINALLY!!

This is a much needed change that most paladins and pvp'ers alike can agree with.

All of you who trolled me and other rets. We on a come back baby!!

Crono, Sanctified, we back Y'all!!
Not really a "damage" buff, as the title would indicate, at least not for PvE; it might be a minor AoE improvement if the increases is sufficient enough. It's more an "address to concerns related to certain intended mechanics," which is still nice.
02/06/2013 07:16 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Not really a "damage" buff, as the title would indicate, at least not for PvE; it might be a minor AoE improvement if the increases is sufficient enough. It's more an "address to concerns related to certain intended mechanics," which is still nice.

exaclty, ill take it bro. I think they are starting to run the numbers and see just how far behind ret is.
Dude the first thing that you listed as a buff is PROT only. The second thing will probably still be inferior to censure of truth. You got me excited for no reason thxbruh
They want SoJ to be the default PvP Seal for Ret, so it's buff will likely be substantial - either for direct damage, or its secondary effect. The buff to SoR will have to be crunched with a very fine mallet to determine whether it'll be worthwhile, though - and I, frankly, don't have a problem with our PvE damage in AoE situations, anyway...Outside of Lei Shi - non-targeted, baseline AoE move with relatively short CD, pl0x! >_<
Does this mean we'll be an offensive class in PvP again?

Tired of being a utility.

They won't make justice better damage than truth, so it won't be a buff unless you were using justice full time, and a lot of people don't use it at all. If you were using truth and switch to justice full time because of whatever change you will do less damage.

We're already an offensive class anyway.
non-targeted, baseline AoE move with relatively short CD, pl0x! >_<

Just take the target requirement of Hammer of the Righteous and just have it so it needs to hit something in order to generate holy power.

Agreed, but we gotta get Blizz to actually do it.
A buff to our AoE and a quality of life buff for Seal of Justice which no one uses for its damage anyway.
02/06/2013 07:22 PMPosted by Mindboggler
Dude the first thing that you listed as a buff is PROT only. The second thing will probably still be inferior to censure of truth. You got me excited for no reason thxbruh

Not so much a buff to Prot considering that's the ONLY thing we'd get out of Dodge/Parry. It'll just make us hate gear forever.
Fair enough compromise with Grand Crusade. We'll see what the chances are, though.
It's a minor buff to a generally unused seal..
It would have to be a substantial buff is damage to even remotely be competitive to seal of truth.. I can't see that happening.

We are receiving a decent amount of minor buffs, not enough to think we'll be the new kings of pvp.. Guess we won't no till 5.2 goes live..
The way I think, damage won't solve a thing. While there is some excessive burst and low sustained arround some specs, the main PVP problem is that some classes have way too much CC/knockback and other not even close. CC can be ofensive to hold a healer to land a kill, or defensive to hold a DPS for survival.

Now Ret have 5 CCs on a 2 mins window. And other specs have infinite - most of them have about 30. Not to mention how OP is knockbacks on RBGs. There is no point fixing damage if there is no real utility/CC solution.
You realize you necro'ed a thread discussing a buff that already happened, yes?

Then roll another class. Paladins are a utility class, get over it. If you ever thought we weren't then you were doing it wrong.
Stop responding to posts that are over three months old and let this fade once more to obscurity. -_-