Where does a lock stand in PvP

Warlock
I was just wondering, in terms of pvp, where do warlocks stand do they have a comp that is dependent on their class or what do they have that is better than other classes?

In 3s, am I there for dispel protection? Multi-target pressure? Burst or what?

What can I accomplish as a lock that another class cannot do in pvp.
UA lock dispel protection currently is nonexistent. Healers just eat the silence over and over. UA has decent multi-target pressure.

Demo provides a lot of control, decent burst and is pretty tanky.

People say that you can't get Destro locks burst off in arena, but that is completely untrue. It is possible to get it off if you are good.
01/31/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Strategus

You can give others Healthstones.
01/31/2013 01:28 PMPosted by Methalos

You can give others Healthstones.

Well, I guess I'll find a healthstone dependent comp then.
You can help Melee perfect their PvE rotation as well.
Methanol is wrong, the 30% healing nerf made UA dispels bad for healers again, plus UA dispels are getting 15 percent dmg increase next patch. Go watch twitch.tv/nadagastt sometime, UA locks are doing really well and they are getting buffed soon as well. Affliction has better split pressure than anyone in the game... Against a good WLS ubwhole team will be low the whole game, lol, exaggerating a bit but not much, it gets pretty good with gear. Plus it has been said time and time again, xpac to xpac, affliction scales with gear best out of the 3 specs, meaning with bad gear it might be equal or worse than the others, but the more gear u get, it benefits more than the others and eventually passes them up, with a new set of gear coming out for pvp, I'd say we will only get better
I think UA locks will be great in 5.2. UA dispel dmg is getting buffed as swaglol said. Not to mention it will be a crit and with the glyph it will be around a .8 or .9 sec casting time which will make it more reliable to save shards for haunts.

I also think the new blood fear looks quite good vs melee type teams.
01/31/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Swaglol
Methanol is wrong, the 30% healing nerf made UA dispels bad for healers again, plus UA dispels are getting 15 percent dmg increase next patch. Go watch twitch.tv/nadagastt sometime, UA locks are doing really well and they are getting buffed soon as well. Affliction has better split pressure than anyone in the game... Against a good WLS ubwhole team will be low the whole game, lol, exaggerating a bit but not much, it gets pretty good with gear. Plus it has been said time and time again, xpac to xpac, affliction scales with gear best out of the 3 specs, meaning with bad gear it might be equal or worse than the others, but the more gear u get, it benefits more than the others and eventually passes them up, with a new set of gear coming out for pvp, I'd say we will only get better

Hard to take someone with the name Swaglol seriously.
Until I get geared with some good PvP gear, I try to stick with the pack in BG's and hide behind a rock or tree to stay out of the radar. Love to PvP with the lock though, regardless of how good or poor we do in arenas or any other PvP environment.

- T
Locks have a history of being one of the easiest classes to 1v3 or even more with, given our very good control, generally pretty good survivability, and DoTs being our main damage for some specs. As Afflic, I can easily keep full DoTs on three people and keep them all at arm's length while they are slowly rotting and I melt the primary target.

SB:SS and SB: SoC main target

Fear target B

CoEx target C

Apply DoTs while running, stopping to apply UA as needed

Juggle fears as needed

Pop defensives and fear drain if they get to you

Profit.
Locks have a history of being one of the easiest classes to 1v3 or even more with, given our very good control, generally pretty good survivability, and DoTs being our main damage for some specs. As Afflic, I can easily keep full DoTs on three people and keep them all at arm's length while they are slowly rotting and I melt the primary target.

Fear target B

CoEx target C

Juggle fears as needed

Profit.

That doesn't work unless there's 3 braindead players in front of you.

Fear target B

CoEx target C

Juggle fears as needed

Profit.

That doesn't work unless there's 3 braindead players in front of you.
This thread is about PvP not PvE dood.
Q. Where does a lock stand in PvP ?

A. As far away as possible.
Q. Where does a lock stand in PvP ?

A. As far away as possible.
10/10 I giggled.
Where does a lock stand in PVP?

In the graveyard awaiting rez....

Seriously we are the squishiest class in game now, went from being a caster tank to a septic tank over last two expansions pvp wise.

Last expansion we were utility ccers,
this expansion we are just target dummies.

Have to say in pve we do pretty well though, currently.
I gotta admit i laughed pretty hard at swaglol telling people to go watch nadagastt's twitch stream....

...for those that do watch his stream 2 things become apparent:

1. Locks get globaled by mele cleaves, kfc, any comp that has any sort of a decent mele.
2. Locks need severe help in arena right now, it's kinda fun watching a 3k lock get wtfglobaled by 2300 mmr anything with a warrior/hunter/rogue.