5.2 Unholy or Frost

Death Knight
So i'm leveling my DK as my alt but i was wondering with the new buffs to Unholy does that mean its going to be the primary PvP spec in 5.2 over Frost?
Pretty sure it'll be DW > UH > 2H.
Ah, Jack. I've seen you around the forums a lot. You seem to be a pretty knowledgeable guy. Thanks for the help!
Dual wield still? Darn, I was hoping unholy would pull ahead again. I do quite enjoy DW though so meh. :)
02/03/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Nósduh
Dual wield still? Darn, I was hoping unholy would pull ahead again. I do quite enjoy DW though so meh. :)

It's not gonna be a HUGE difference. Every spec will be competitive and will shine in individual situations.
2h 2ndary scaling sucks
DW scales too well with both mastery and haste
UH is the dark horse that will depend on how much the little buffs add up.
i completely disagree...from what I have seen on the PTR...unholy is king once again.
He did use "I believe" also should be noted that your own experiences on PTR are not representative of the end result. For example in a 10 man I was helping this week I got to hear that Frost DK's are OP just because the rest of the dps was about 2/3rds my damage done. It's not my fault they were doing 20 mil to my 30 mil but they'd think I was OP because in their own view they probably see themselves as the best they can do and thus my class must be OP because of their lack of player ability.
02/03/2013 08:48 PMPosted by Influencce
i completely disagree...from what I have seen on the PTR...unholy is king once again.

Cool, maybe I'll actually be good at DK PvP by then.
02/03/2013 08:48 PMPosted by Influencce

I can't wait for it to go live.
Idk why ppl above are talking about pve because OP clearly states pvp. And yes UH is back to king status. time to relearn it :3
dw doing more overall dmg is mostly due to a lot of aoe damage. Single target classes will always be well below them in damage done but not necessarily in dps.
Unholy will certainly be competitive, but I'll think you'll see both represented. People who were playing Frost before it was cool will have little reason to change. FotM players will probably also prefer Frost for the most part, unless Shadowcleave proves to be the next KFC.
02/04/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Kilmor
unless Shadowcleave proves to be the next KFC

Thugcleave will be the next KFC
02/03/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Rippcord
So i'm leveling my DK as my alt but i was wondering with the new buffs to Unholy does that mean its going to be the primary PvP spec in 5.2 over Frost?

Depends... which do you think will survive the burst longer?
02/04/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Lichfool
dw doing more overall dmg is mostly due to a lot of aoe damage. Single target classes will always be well below them in damage done but not necessarily in dps.

Read his post. He said pvp.

02/03/2013 08:58 PMPosted by Tor
He did use "I believe" also should be noted that your own experiences on PTR are not representative of the end result. For example in a 10 man I was helping this week I got to hear that Frost DK's are OP just because the rest of the dps was about 2/3rds my damage done. It's not my fault they were doing 20 mil to my 30 mil but they'd think I was OP because in their own view they probably see themselves as the best they can do and thus my class must be OP because of their lack of player ability.

Read his post. He said pvp.

/facepalm
Nifty to see Unholy pulling ahead once more.

To be perfectly honest, from what I've read, I thought the Unholy buffs weren't enough.

There's enough debate in here to tell me, at the very least, it may in fact be on top once more!

Kinda bummed to see 2h fall behind again. Any reason as to why it's falling behind?

My only guess is the nerf to the T14 2 piece.
Glad UH is getting buffs, I always preferred it's pressure/pet management style more then frost's SMACK IT HARDERER!!
Number passes aren't done yet. Would warn anyone about taking any 'best damage' spec advice at this point.

Unholy buffs are largely qol. No rp cost on gargoyle should be a decent buff to pvp. Mastery scaling the garg will be minor. Strangulate going to 1minute baseline should line up nicely with gnaw.

Suspect unholy will be good for arena again, particularly 2s and 3s. All else equal, I can't see it overtaking frost's popularity in rbgs... But we will have to wait and see.
omg... u finally get something down perfect and it changes lol