Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts

General Discussion
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
Everyone Request Sticky

Do itttt
02/06/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Lichkilla
someone said they did a few pages back. no response.

Well, let's assume at this point that Blizzard has seen this thread. If they take a look at their numbers and find that there is indeed an error, they have to be extremely careful with how they inform the playerbase.

People have been killing Sha every week since release, some people on multiple characters, spending charms in hopes of getting the mount. If it turns out that every single one of those charms was a complete waste, there will be a massive, raging poop storm. People will be demanding compensation.

Basically it goes like this:
1. Read player concerns
2. Test to confirm (or deny) the problem
3. If problem truly exists, determine course of action that will make the majority of affected players happy
4. Inform players of intended solution
02/05/2013 04:04 AMPosted by Enekie

Heavenly Onyx Serpent.

What?! That's it?

I wanted a little rideable angry Sha!

Only if it yell spams the zone you're in whenever you're riding it around.
someone said they did a few pages back. no response.

Well, let's assume at this point that Blizzard has seen this thread. If they take a look at their numbers and find that there is indeed an error, they have to be extremely careful with how they inform the playerbase.

People have been killing Sha every week since release, some people on multiple characters, spending charms in hopes of getting the mount. If it turns out that every single one of those charms was a complete waste, there will be a massive, raging poop storm. People will be demanding compensation.

1. Read player concerns
3. If problem truly exists, determine course of action that will make the majority of affected players happy

See the thing is they can simply tell us no, we will not compensate you, and we as players would just have to accept that. However, ignoring the issue in favor of "darkmoon monkey lolz" is just a complete turn off towards anyone that just wants to know if they are wasting their time running all of their toons up to sha in hopes of a mount that doesn't exist.

edit: As someone mentioned above, a simple "we are looking into it" would suffice. But when you see all these blue posts on largely irrelevant threads, you begin to wonder just exactly how does blizzard prioritize issues.
resubmitted a ticket with a more in-depth explanation of the problem. receive this response:

However, the random system is just that. : ( Totally random, and that means weird things for us as players from time to time. For example if something has only a 2% chance out of 100 that it will drop, the chance is 2% the first time you try, the 50'th or 1000'th time. It will always be a 2% chance to drop each time. Yes the more you do it the better your "odds" get but that does not increase that small chance drop rate or guarantee that if you do it 100 times it will certainly drop. Because while your odds are better since you did it 100 times, it is still all random drops and only 2% that it will drop each time you try.
no... no you dont understand....

The GM that got your ticket may not be aware that there is (could be?) an issue with he drop rates.
02/06/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Kdog

1. Read player concerns

See the thing is they can simply tell us no, we will not compensate you, and we as players would just have to accept that. However, ignoring the issue in favor of "darkmoon monkey lolz" is just a complete turn off towards anyone that just wants to know if they are wasting their time running all of their toons up to sha in hopes of a mount that doesn't exist.

edit: As someone mentioned above, a simple "we are looking into it" would suffice. But when you see all these blue posts on largely irrelevant threads, you begin to wonder just exactly how does blizzard prioritize issues.

If they don't have any answer for us, they aren't likely to respond. They wouldn't want to give a response that might not be correct. They've said that they don't really like giving answers like "we're looking into it" and nothing more, because then EVERYONE expects that type of response to every single issue and non-issue.
OMG.. Blizzard fooled me.. =O

I want all the coins i tossed on the Sha/Galleon just for those mounts...

seriously...
02/06/2013 01:54 PMPosted by Tamamo
The GM that got your ticket may not be aware that there is (could be?) an issue with he drop rates.
thats probably the most likely answer. problem is though, a gm not being aware of the possibility of a drop rate problem or not being able to believe that its possible means they dont pass the issue along and instead provide the blanket response that they did which... doesnt help haha. idk, i guess the best thing to do is keep bumping this thread and the one in the bug report forums until we hear something
Been following this thread since it started and have read every single post. I love the people that come in here and think that the OP is mad, or delusional or attack him/her for using guildox, while ignoring the actual validity of the concern... those idiots need to L2 read.

That said, I am quite curious about this as well, I have never seen either mount and have also used all my bonus rolls every week on at least 2 characters. At this point, along with many of you, I just want to know if this mount even exists, somewhere, anywhere!
02/06/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Shizuo
thats probably the most likely answer. problem is though, a gm not being aware of the possibility of a drop rate problem or not being able to believe that its possible means they dont pass the issue along and instead provide the blanket response that they did which... doesnt help haha. idk, i guess the best thing to do is keep bumping this thread and the one in the bug report forums until we hear something

If its a bug in the drop, than no one may be aware of it, so no one will pass it along, as sucky as that may be.

Sometimes the best way for blizzard to find out about these things is by people bringing things like this up. Being that they are mounts and not gear though, this issue might not be a top priority.

Best we can do, is to keep a topic about said mounts active until someone produces an armory of someone with the mount, GuildOx updates and shows the mounts on their table, or on the off chance a blue pops in here and informs us that there is/is not an issue.

If they don't have any answer for us, they aren't likely to respond. They wouldn't want to give a response that might not be correct. They've said that they don't really like giving answers like "we're looking into it" and nothing more, because then EVERYONE expects that type of response to every single issue and non-issue.

See, some issues really NEED attention though. If this had been posted two weeks after Mists had launched, I would have shrugged it off to the RNG gods. However, its been four months since Mists launched, and we haven't heard ANYTHING on this issue. Players play MMORPGS for the "carrot on a stick" if you will. My carrot on a stick is collecting mounts in this game. I put in the time and effort in order to collect, since that is what I enjoy. It'd be nice to have SOME clarification that the "carrot" I'm after is non-existant and I'm simply wasting my time. However, instead of some feedback, we get this. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/252955-screw-dmf-pet-battle-esp-that-monkey/ . I'm not exactly sure what to make of that.

edit: I also wouldn't be so aggressively pushing this post if it had been a one or two page deal. This thread has been open for close to (if not over) a day, and has over 20 pages. I'm clearly not the only one who cares about this issue. With this many posters recognizing this as a valid problem, it would be very nice to get some sort of feedback.
Whoa whoa thread don't leave page 1 now.
The sheer amount of grief I went through as a mount collector tracking down Galleon at the start of the expansion put a serious damper on my enthusiasm for the game. That the mount has actually never been obtainable as of 5.04...
I really piss me when i look to the forums and i see the that most threads with important concerns are ignored, but then, you see all kinds of stupids/ridiculous threads with at least one Blue posting there...

Even now theres twitter, where is easier for you to get some answer there than in the OFFICIAL wow forums...
02/05/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Bladestorm
I'm pretty sure 1 or 2 people on Eredar have it as well.
There are 2 Onyx serpents, the normal one which is from shado pan (I think?) and the heavenly which so far nobody has been able to prove is even obtainable in game.

Yes, there are two. Sha's has the lightning effect that all rare serpent mounts get. That being said, I know I've seen at least one on Runetotem.
I'll be really interested to see if we get any feedback on this issue (if it's an issue at all), or if we get completely ignored.

Only time shall tell.
02/06/2013 02:23 PMPosted by Momiji
There are 2 Onyx serpents, the normal one which is from shado pan (I think?) and the heavenly which so far nobody has been able to prove is even obtainable in game.

Yes, there are two. Sha's has the lightning effect that all rare serpent mounts get. That being said, I know I've seen at least one on Runetotem.

No you haven't. Quit posting crap like this and read. Post armory link, because it is completely unconfirmed until that happens... or a blue posts and tells us what is going on.

i can't believe people are still posting these responses. if you do not have an armory link, please do not say you have seen someone with it. it doesnt need to be said without proof.

And how can you prove your hypothesis? An addon that could, and likely is, giving false data?

I'll keep an eye out, and if i see this guy in the next few days, you'll get his link. Then you can take off the damned tinfoil hats...