The Rogue's Secret?

Rogue
Let me be 100% honest with you:

If you wish to play your rogue, go for it. But at 90; this is what i have experienced...

PvE: We are great but sadly i HATE PvE

PvP: We went from a super power to your personal choice of, One trick pony ~or~ support class for others. Let me just explain this a little bit further since for some reason rogues still wish to hold the illusion were independent.

One trick pony: Normally a sub spec with 0-3 macro's where SD is popped and all possible damage bonuses are directed specifically at the opponent. After this 100%-0% kill in seconds, they will hide in stealth and wait for all CD's to now be useable again in a “rinse and repeat” fashion (these rogues are easily spotted out since they will say they still fight while waiting for the CD's to be back up, but this time really consist of waiting at the graveyard for a resurrection or coming out of stealth to hit someone about to die). You can find tons of macro's and tips/helpers for this if you look online under many spec helper sites. (this is most useful in an arena due to its... twin suicide style)

Support PvP: Help slow FC's in games such as WSG or to turn the tides of an already existing 1v1 battle taking place on the side of the road in such games as AB. One could also use this in a group VS group battle such as fighting for mid in EoS. Stealth back and lock up the healer or one of the casters. Although this is very helpful to the over-all goal of the team, it can feel very.... poor in play. (this is most useful in BG/RBG)

In conclusion, I would like to say this is all ~my personal opinion~ mixed with ~what I have observed.~ If anyone had a break-through that goes against this post, please inform me.
This is also what i have seen.

I see alot of rogues making the mistake of copying warriors, popping 1 shot macro to overkill a target. Instead of helping out the team further they return to stealth to wait for another chance to do so again. Personally i think the only time you should be using a one shot macro is to either control/help burst the fc or a healer.

Seems like people are only focused on the amount of damage they are doing, damage this damage that hey guys im on top of the dps chart. They completely forget how much control that class can have and how important it is to use it.

Players dont adjust to changes, they focus on what we use to be and not what we are now.
Shadow:

Yes, I was also informed of this supposed buff for assassination and I am excited to see what exactly is going to receive this power buff.

Anyways, what do you feel is the cause of what your experiencing on your rogue?
Rogues are primarily a single target dps, and as such we should have the ability to Kill our target! We are assassins...
Dasscout:

Correct, I do not know if you could confirm this, but I tend to see that most rogues use that massive burst on someone just wondering and not on the FC due to the ideal that there are more than one opposing player in the vicinity. Thus continuing the notion of not helping the team. :-\
02/05/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Paníc
Rogues are primarily a single target dps, and as such we should have the ability to Kill our target! We are assassins...

As assassins we also pick a target wisely, a target that we can actually kill within our limits.
We also have the ability/objective to control a situation, changing the outcome of small battles or even a flag capture.

You should not be just focused on killing something.
I do very well in random battlegrounds without any PVP gear at all as Assassin. I have no interest in high ranked PvP or grinding out PvP gear so I can't comment on how the class is in that upper echelon of the game.

For a casual BGer like myself, I think the class is in a good spot, maybe even a little OP. I feel bad for undergeared casters w/o trinkets who basically sit in my stun lock and get 100-0 in less than 10 seconds, but it does often require the use of Vendetta + Shadow Blades and a well-timed Cloak of Shadows.

Rogues are a very cooldown-scentric class. It's not completely wrong to hide in the shadows while you wait. If you just pop out to Ambush then Vanish away and wait for Vanish to come back up, yeah that's a problem.

The problem most rogues have is that they think the only way to make a difference is to kill someone. I've won a lot of games letting an EFC run out by himself and sapping the healing behind him without him noticing. Let him run out healer-less to mid while I keep the healer occupied in our FR.

Picking off people in general is a great strategy to thin numbers. If you notice there's a really badass frost mage on the outskirts of a battle, get off the EFC and kill him/Blind whatever and get back to the fight.

I think the reason rogues are so unpopular is because it's such a tactical class and sometimes to be the most effective to win, you need to restrain yourself from topping KB charts, whereas a warrior or DK's best effectiveness is to just go blow !@#$ up.

Random tip: save Vendetta on warriors during Second Wind range.
02/05/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Stark
Random tip: save Vendetta on warriors during Second Wind range.

No need pop shadow blades and spam dispatch, if their shield wall macro is down they will come to forums and !@#$% about rogues as soon as the match ends.
02/05/2013 10:12 AMPosted by Hidbehindpet
PvP: We went from a super power to your personal choice of, One trick pony

Pump the brakes, you're a red flag, red light
Holdin' up for stop signs, I'll never be sloppy seconds
Go ahead, take them back, your one, two, three minutes
All you do is take, take, takin' off the little

Got more goin' on I'd rather be eating glass
Stick hot needles in my eyes, go ahead and tap that !@#
Draw them up, yeah like there's candy
Girl, I ain't tryin' to connect or paint a picture

I'm not in it, never will be
You can't be me, get your freak on
You can suck it, they've all seen it
And you liked it, now who wants it?
Cotton candy sugar high

Break your bones when you come down
You're a one trick, my trick pony who's next to hop on
Ride, ride, ride, 'bout to bring a blood spill
We've both been there
What's the next stop? I won't sit still

Back to bring up what's real
We've both been there
What's the next stop? I won't sit still

(Sorry, I had to. That song gets stuck in my head when I see the words "one trick pony")
Ibolya:

Haha, its alright. Deep down I knew that someone would make a remark like that when I used that wording lol.

Id rather that than Viiss's post which did nothing for this forum. only thing i could understand from it was their obvious lack of understanding. It does not surprise me at all that someone reported it.
02/05/2013 11:24 AMPosted by Hidbehindpet
only thing i could understand from it was their obvious lack of understanding

i'm sorry you can't comprehend when someone disagrees with your opinion.

edit: actually i'm not very sorry at all :3
Viiss:

Actually, no, I wanted anyone to feel free to inform me if anyone had success in finding a 3rd path or a way to forge one. All you did in your entire post was take multiple quotes and leave a piss poor remark that had nothing to do with what your doing to gain success... actually I am guessing your trolling because you did not have success since both of your specs can be found on popular WoW based websites, not to mention your arena and RBG ratings. Thus showing that you did not express your opinion at all. Nor did you talk about your own experiences. Meaning that you did in fact miss the whole point of the post. That is why I stated your lack of understanding.
02/05/2013 10:20 AMPosted by Shadow
Well, Coming from myself, I consider myself OP. I can kill ppl flawlessly without even using cooldowns, .. maybe just having both trinkets proc and that's it. Evasion fights off the major pressure, Death knights still get me pretty bad tho.. Other then that I just completely wreck ANYONE, Spellcasters: as long as i got EITHER : cloak, smokebomb or trinket up, i'm usually able to take em out unless as geared as me, In Assassination spec it's all about surviving and eliminating - QUICKLY - before they even know what happend. Get full malevolent then tell me u think about rogues, being able to smokebomb and just "throw" an enemy to death? and NOW I hear we're getting buffed even more? makes me laugh in my head.. can't wait blizzard :-]

Yes I can totally see how you are really OP with you 1200 rating, I'm sure you where not really trying when you find yourself unable to get a higher rating, probably you are just letting them win, because that is what heroes to. At least the OP heroes.
Well, Coming from myself, I consider myself OP. I can kill ppl flawlessly without even using cooldowns, .. maybe just having both trinkets proc and that's it. Evasion fights off the major pressure, Death knights still get me pretty bad tho.. Other then that I just completely wreck ANYONE, Spellcasters: as long as i got EITHER : cloak, smokebomb or trinket up, i'm usually able to take em out unless as geared as me, In Assassination spec it's all about surviving and eliminating - QUICKLY - before they even know what happend. Get full malevolent then tell me u think about rogues, being able to smokebomb and just "throw" an enemy to death? and NOW I hear we're getting buffed even more? makes me laugh in my head.. can't wait blizzard :-]

LOL...
I can kill ppl flawlessly without even using cooldowns

unless as geared as me

u r dum
Viiss:

Actually, no, I wanted anyone to feel free to inform me if anyone had success in finding a 3rd path or a way to forge one. All you did in your entire post was take multiple quotes and leave a piss poor remark that had nothing to do with what your doing to gain success... actually I am guessing your trolling because you did not have success since both of your specs can be found on popular WoW based websites, not to mention your arena and RBG ratings. Thus showing that you did not express your opinion at all. Nor did you talk about your own experiences. Meaning that you did in fact miss the whole point of the post. That is why I stated your lack of understanding.

this post you just made is 100% more of a troll post then mine was.

yes i quoted your OP, so what?
yes i admitted to agreeing to one of your points, and then disagreed with the rest of them. again, so what?

i'm sorry you found my post that so offensive(when if anything it was insightful) that you had to attempt to troll my armory page, while continuing to post behind a level 82 alt.

this leads me to believe that your entire OP is a troll post.
in which case, i must say, 10/10
what about tanks? warriors, dks, druids, monks? they be hard as hell to bring down, then they have defensive abilities. its almost impossible to prevent them from self healing.
My secret? L'oreal.