Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 2)

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next
Aweome trhead.
02/07/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Cerylidae
Is my wowhead acting up or did they remove all the screen shots of this mount?

They removed the screenshots. Maybe someone pointed out how obviously fake they were.

Also, guys, don't use the bug report forum for discussion - that's not what it's for, and likely why the thread on this subject got deleted. Keep the discussion to GENERAL.

But what if the non-existance of the mount dropping IS a bug? Like with the Feng loot issue before it was fixed?
I'm interested to see a blue post on this topic. While I haven't been actively seeking this mount, I would like to know if there's even a possibility for it to drop.
I don't know if anyone has done this yet, but if you link the wowhead page for Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, it does in fact say the drop rate is 0.05%. If you go to the loot page for Sha of Anger though, everything there has a reported 0.05% drop rate except for the Claw of Anger.
I've seen Blizzard reps confirm/deny whether an item can drop, before. It seems the prudent thing to do.
I don't know if anyone has done this yet, but if you link the wowhead page for Reins of the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent, it does in fact say the drop rate is 0.05%. If you go to the loot page for Sha of Anger though, everything there has a reported 0.05% drop rate except for the Claw of Anger.

Because of the Beta. You can't get loot from Sha (except the Claw), it just appear in your bag.
02/07/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Liamaru

They removed the screenshots. Maybe someone pointed out how obviously fake they were.

Also, guys, don't use the bug report forum for discussion - that's not what it's for, and likely why the thread on this subject got deleted. Keep the discussion to GENERAL.

But what if the non-existance of the mount dropping IS a bug? Like with the Feng loot issue before it was fixed?

It's perfectly fine to REPORT it, but the bug report form isn't a discussion forum. They don't want long threads of the same posts over and over - that's what we have general for. The only time they ever want people to continue adding to bug report threads is when asked to do so, usually so they can narrow down the source of the bug. That doesn't apply here.
I think people don't realize how small of a chance .05% actually is. In Vanilla, Baron was probably killed a lot more times per week than Sha/Galleon and it took years on some servers to even see 1 of them.

This issue is the .05% chance on a 1 per week kill

One thing that I think people are failing to understand about the loot data on wowhead is that the wowhead addon does NOT track any "drops" via the LFR/individual-style loot system. Any drops on there for Sha, Galleon, or any of the Raid Finder items are from PTR before the LFR-style loot system was implemented. That's why something like Cape of Three Lanterns has no "Count" or "%" listed, despite the fact that I've personally looted it at least 3 times between my 3 healing toons and I run the addon.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86748

So the 1 drop out of 2214 kills shown for Sha are all from BEFORE the LFR-style loot system was implemented on PTR.
A response I found on the MMO Champ thread:

https://twitter.com/wolfphyre87/status/299590509779890176

Tony Connor ‏@wolfphyre87

@Warcraft #AskZ are the sha and galleon mounts dropping as intended? ppl are saying there isnt any proof that either has ever dropped.

10:48 AM - 7 Feb 13

World of Warcraft ‏@Warcraft

@wolfphyre87 It's something we're watching very carefully to ensure they're dropping correctly. All I've got for now! #AskZ
I'm on a high pop server and I've never seen the mount once, if people are parading around on elegon mounts I'm sure anyone who has the sha/ gal mount would parade around on it for sure considering the rarity. I've wasted countless coins and have decided not to waste anymore on an item that I've never seen.
Finally, something. Why we have to go to twitter to find that though... ugh.
I think people don't realize how small of a chance .05% actually is. In Vanilla, Baron was probably killed a lot more times per week than Sha/Galleon and it took years on some servers to even see 1 of them.

By everybody for at least 6-10 weeks since thats probably on average how long it takes to get tier for <max> type specs. So thats alot of attempts since i'd assume almost everyone does sha on an active toon.
02/07/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Lichkilla
Is my wowhead acting up or did they remove all the screen shots of this mount?

yay! i just got +30 reputation on wowhead for reporting all 3 of the pictures the first night i saw this thread!

Be sure to report the Galleon ones, too.
02/07/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Wilhelm
The fact that neither have been seen ingame you're damn right if i or probably any collector for that reason would show that thing off.
I actually wouldn't post to show it off, or even hang out in front of an auction house so people could admire. However I would post on an alt with a visible mount collection if people were trying to chase down something that doesn't even seem to exist and I actually had it.
A response I found on the MMO Champ thread:

https://twitter.com/wolfphyre87/status/299590509779890176

Tony Connor ‏@wolfphyre87

@Warcraft #AskZ are the sha and galleon mounts dropping as intended? ppl are saying there isnt any proof that either has ever dropped.

10:48 AM - 7 Feb 13

World of Warcraft ‏@Warcraft

@wolfphyre87 It's something we're watching very carefully to ensure they're dropping correctly. All I've got for now! #AskZ

http://www.overloadit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/its-something.jpg

This person is not very knowledgeable about statistics.