Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 2)

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
Now we're being told not to post armory links because that would be totally wrong guys.

Because you can say "I totally saw one on my server, just I can't post proof because it's against the TOS"

IT'S PERFECT
I saw one once, a bearded man was riding it.

He was ranting about there not being enough drops in LFR.

Then he soiled himself on the dragon, the dragon then removed himself from his mount table.

And was never seen again.

I did see it though, I swears.

You're honestly expecting one?

They don't do posts on the lines of "Kay, looking into it. just to let you guys know." They just go and look at it.

They have no hardwritten obligation to talk to the forums. If we got a blue post every time the collective community wanted one, nearly every damn thread would have a blue tracker attached to it.

The collective community has created nearly 2 capped threads.

So yeah a response would be appreciated.

If i recall correctly, it took the "We got locked out from LFR loot for wiping" thread over 50 pages to get a response, and all it was was something like "We're looking into it", like we've already gotten from the twitter feed.

Repeating:
If Blizzard can determine how many male players between the ages of 23 and 26 are playing Ret Paladins and using Seal of Insight while Gemming Agility/Crit , they can determine the drop rate of an item.

I don't buy it. No way in hell that this company never realized for almost 5 months that this particular item didn't drop.

/tinfoilhat

These mounts will be enabled in 5.2 to encourage people to still kill Sha and Galleon every week to help out the crowd of alts that will inevitably be looking (unsuccessfully) for Sha kills.

Edit: Where is the page 3 URL?
I saw the cloud serpent once before. After killing the Sha of Anger, one guy in our group got it. When he mounted up on it, he rose into the heavens higher than any player had flown before. Then we all saw a flash and he was gone. All trace of him had been wiped from this world. His armory disappeared and even our memories of his name had been wiped. I can say with all the factual accuracy of a true believer that this mount really is obtainable in game.
Split your lungs with blood and thunder,
When you see the white whale.
Break your backs and crack your oars, men!
If you wish to prevail...

This ivory leg is what propels me,
Harpoons thrust in the sky.
Aim directly for his crooked brow,
And look him straight in the eye!

White whale - Holy grail!
White whale - Holy grail!
replying to show support
Blizzard thinks is fun to put in the game mounts with a %0.00001 drop rate... Is not unusual...
02/07/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Degel
Blizzard thinks is fun to put in the game mounts with a %0.00001 drop rate... Is not unusual...

Degel, read what I said on page 24, please.
02/07/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Degel
Except that, even with a drop rate that abysmally-low, someone, somewhere, would have gotten it by now. We're looking at well over a million loots worldwide since MoP's release and no one has either mount.
02/07/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Daltin
If Blizzard can determine how many male players between the ages of 23 and 26 are playing Ret Paladins and using Seal of Insight while Gemming Agility/Crit , they can determine the drop rate of an item.
Oh, what interesting statistics could be uncovered by searching both character data and billing information... I'm trying to assume that given the large amount of accounts in question that searching every account with at least one character who has killed Sha and then searching for that mount in association with that account, checking player inventories to catch unlearned mounts, checking deletion records and then maybe checking whatever drop records they have takes time. It's possible that they don't really have a fast way of tracking the drops of that many kills. They probably also have the searches being done on European and Asian servers as well.

02/07/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Osoroshii
Except that, even with a drop rate that abysmally-low, someone, somewhere, would have gotten it by now. We're looking at well over a million loots worldwide since MoP's release and no one has either mount.

It's also worth noting that some mounts from vanilla which we know exist and were bought from vendors are now owned by so few people they don't even make GuildOx's list.

White Mechanostrider Mod B, Black Ram and Frost Ram don't make the list. We even have a case of only one is ever known to have existed-Fluorescent Green Mechanostrider, so we also know that chances are GuildOx won't be able to show us a mount that only a handful of people worldwide own. I'm willing to buy that the cloud serpent is so vanishingly rare that it doesn't show up, but I need that one person's armory to know this is in fact real.
This is going to get ugly...

TO PART THREE

STAY TUNED/
Supporting this
I'm quite disappointed that we've had this much player feedback, and not even a simple "we're looking into it" or a snide "working as intended post" from Blizzard.

This is shaping up to be quite a conspiracy, and not necessarily the tinfoil hat kind! =P
Soooooooon, so very sooon blizz will need to eat crow and confirm what we all think or show us to be the liars we are.
Getting real tired of "I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN THIS MOUNT YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT" without any sort of proof.

You don't even need serpent riding skill to use the heavenly onyx cloud serpent...so who would win it and then not learn it?

EDIT: apparently you do need the skill, but now people on WOWhead are claiming "you don't even need it, I saw someone win it and then fly away on it and he didn't have the skill"

Bunch of idiots...I swear.
Posting to keep track of this post as well :)
To be honest I agree with what other people have said most likely next maintnance or patch we will start to notice these mounts more n more and Blizz wont say anything about it :)
02/07/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Elpaladini
EDIT: apparently you do need the skill, but now people on WOWhead are claiming "you don't even need it, I saw someone win it and then fly away on it and he didn't have the skill"

02/07/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Mebetrollin
I saw the cloud serpent once before. After killing the Sha of Anger, one guy in our group got it. When he mounted up on it, he rose into the heavens higher than any player had flown before. Then we all saw a flash and he was gone. All trace of him had been wiped from this world. His armory disappeared and even our memories of his name had been wiped. I can say with all the factual accuracy of a true believer that this mount really is obtainable in game.

Coincidence that somehow jesus gets the mount and flies away on it never to be seen again and then after people post of having seen him on it? COINCIDENCE I THINK NOT?
02/07/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Wilhelm

Coincidence that somehow jesus gets the mount and flies away on it never to be seen again and then after people post of having seen him on it? COINCIDENCE I THINK NOT?

This is turning into those Elvis sightings in the desert isn't it?