Yo Ho its an engineers life for me!

Professions
Why do jcs get to benefit from their extra gems in Rbgs and arenas? Same with lws, alchemists, and every profession but engineers. Why do other professions have the abilites to create items of great expense that sells often to the masses? Sure we get some fun tinkers, but our Blings benefit everyone, our mounts cost to much to make. We rely on other professions but other professions dont need us. Cogwheels arnt that great either. How to we make money, how do we benefit in arenas or the auction house? Engineers have always got the butt end of everything. Something fun to have but has no use. We get buffs on our gloves every so often that we can use but everyone else permanently benefits from buffs almost as strong as our glove buff. Please, some of the greatest stories in wow have a great engineer in it. Stormwind benefits from their tram and horde have their zeppelins. Bombs aren't worth the cast time nor the damage. What would wow life be in Azshara without the engineers. Show us some love. Or we will shut ourselves in our own mechastructures and never share our creations with others.
01/31/2013 01:11 PMPosted by Niomei
Why do jcs get to benefit from their extra gems in Rbgs and arenas? Same with lws, alchemists, and every profession but engineers.

engineers do, synapse springs work in arenas/rbgs
Engineers have always got the butt end of everything. Something fun to have but has no use.

while i disagree with the has no use part, that's kind of the idea. Other professions get their stat benefit and several ways to make gold. Engy gets its stat benefit then has fun stuff to replace most of the gold making part. If you don't like that then you should probably chose a different profession.

We get buffs on our gloves every so often that we can use but everyone else permanently benefits from buffs almost as strong as our glove buff.

if you use synapse springs on CD then it works out to the same amount of stats as everyone else however you can use it with other cooldowns and/or heroism to make it even better.
Other profs always get to make gold, but we are limited with our tinkers like in rbgs and arenas, how is this fair? If I have it in or on my gear that I should be able to use it like every other profession. Your extra gems or enchants or leg shoulder buffs dont turn red when you use a rbg or arena why should my goblin glider or water walk stuff not work?
01/31/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Niomei
Other profs always get to make gold, but we are limited with our tinkers like in rbgs and arenas, how is this fair?

engineering has tons of stuff that other professions don't, like the glider you mentioned. You trade most of your gold making potential for the fun stuff. If that's not a trade you are willing to make you should just switch professions, there's no reason every profession has to be exactly the same.
01/31/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Niomei
Your extra gems or enchants or leg shoulder buffs dont turn red when you use a rbg or arena why should my goblin glider or water walk stuff not work?

every profession(including engineering) has equivalents to those extra gems, enchants, shoulder buffs. that's why. No other profession has anything like the goblin glider. Its a balance issue.
PVP is why engineering was nerfed into the ground as far back as vanilla close beta.

Just say no to engineering catering to PVP.
I love it. I have found more use for my glider and rocket boots than I have for the gold I would get otherwise.