Tempest vs Frostbomb in RBGS? (question)

Mage
Simple tempest or frostbomb would be fine

with tempest i rarely dont top boards, and i basically never cast
with frostbomb i can kill holy paladins by myself, but it gets dispelled often so my damage with it is sometimes zero.
Either is viable, I usually change depending on the comp I'm running. If we need more burst I go frost bomb, if our team can put out massive aoe pressure (usually destruction lock/boom heavy) I go NT.

A high rated Mage recently told me that the main focus of a Mage is to cc the biggest threats and healers so as long as you're doing that everything should be Gucci
Either is viable, I usually change depending on the comp I'm running. If we need more burst I go frost bomb, if our team can put out massive aoe pressure (usually destruction lock/boom heavy) I go NT.

A high rated Mage recently told me that the main focus of a Mage is to cc the biggest threats and healers so as long as you're doing that everything should be Gucci

aight aight playa
I did a bit of hopping back and forth between these two the other day, and I topped the damage done charts with NT being my highest damaging ability (it and frozen orb made up like 60% of my damage done lol), but when I switched to frostbomb, my overall damage went down, and I did more damage with lance, FFB, and orb :/

Frostbomb can be strong when bursting down a frozen target (as long as it isn't dispelled) but I think that the overall cleave damage and the lack of dispelling makes NT a better choice, especially in BGs.
Don't other people find it easier to kill people using Frostbomb though??? Yes, NT will do more overall damage but it is much easier to heal through.

In RBGs I usually find my FrostBomb barely ever get dispelled.. Maybe I'm just not doing high enough rating ones?
Don't other people find it easier to kill people using Frostbomb though??? Yes, NT will do more overall damage but it is much easier to heal through.

In RBGs I usually find my FrostBomb barely ever get dispelled.. Maybe I'm just not doing high enough rating ones?

NT can apply more pressure if you put it on multiple targets, and I find myself getting very few clean frost bombs off in rbgs as I'm usually the kick/cc target making NT my choice of preference. If frost bomb works for you then keep using it, but like I said earlier, cc is the main focus for mages and if you're casting frost bombs and having to anticipate when it explodes, you aren't peeling/ccing
Lets not forget those rare times when NT rapid fires brainfreeze procs your way.