Turning 30.

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Post Limit:
Yep, this year. :( Anyone else in the same boat? I've been a gamer all my life, starting with Commodore 64 and NES. I played Warcraft: Orcs & Humans when I was 13, on my first PC. I've watched the world evolve from the typewriter age to the iPhone age.

I feel like I've seen so much, but at my core, I'm still a kid. Anyone else feel this way?

Maybe I'm just looking for some comfort at a time in my life when childhood stuff is normally put aside!
Did it back in 2005. Turn 30 that is.

I'm much the same as you, a kid at heart. I've been gaming all my life too; back when I was a little kid I had a Vic 20 and would sit there all nite coding some game in BASIC so I could play "chase the rat (square) through the maze". After that it was an IBM XT, then consoles, etc.

Yes, I sat there when I was eight and typed in 500 lines of code to play a maze. LOL.

Anyway, I like gaming, it's one of two serious hobbies I have, and that's about it.
I'm in my mid-twenties, and have hated getting older ever since I was about to turn 12. I must have been the only kid in the world who thought to himself "Well, it's all downhill from here."
why yall not like gettin older? this is gonna be a crazy century with alot of cool stuff comin out.

hell if its death ur afraid of, aint gonna have to be if you can make it to 2060/2070.

read the possibilities just within the next 50 yrs. 2039 should have you guys real happy.

http://www.futuretimeline.net/index.htm

embrace the future, 16 and goin strong
Shinn, if you spent hours coding a maze, imagine what you'll be able to do in 2039 or whenever it comes out.
02/02/2013 06:19 PMPosted by Cowbacca
I'm in my mid-twenties, and have hated getting older ever since I was about to turn 12. I must have been the only kid in the world who thought to himself "Well, it's all downhill from here."
Same for me, but that happened to me when I turned 13.
My whole world and life changed when I reached that age, and one day I just sat and thought "it's only going to get worse from here. Nothing will ever be as it once was"

Every once in a great while, I still break down and can't shake the feeling for a good half hour or so.
It's always been bizarre to me how most people can't wait to get older, and then when they do actually get older they wish they were still young. As a kid, I already had an idea about all that teenage crap from movies. I never wanted anything to do with it and I never did have anything to do with it. I zoomed right on past go and collected my $200 early on.
31 was harder on me than 30. Not sure why. I'm certainly not looking forward to 40 next year.

I'm definitely with you on still feeling like a kid in a lot of ways. On the other hand, I'm kind of a curmudgeon and often feel older/more mature than even a lot of people my own age. Maybe it's just different aspects of life.
02/05/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Taltonestri
I'm definitely with you on still feeling like a kid in a lot of ways. On the other hand, I'm kind of a curmudgeon and often feel older/more mature than even a lot of people my own age. Maybe it's just different aspects of life.

That decribes me 100%. Once when I was 17, someone told me that I talked and thought like a 30-year-old.
turned 31 a week ago. It's not really much different than being 20 other than being able to drink and not being as quick to pull off some of the crap I used to do...and I am much slower to anger now than when i was younger. I've been a gamer since the 1980s when my dad bought a commodore and haven't seen any reason to stop what I enjoy.
I can say without hesitation that I am a MUCH more careful driver now than I was in my late teens and 20s. I think about some of the stupid stuff I used to do on the road when I was younger and it makes me cringe. Ironic, then, that the only two accidents I've had were last year.