Warrior 5.2 nerfs. Just sad.

Warrior
Another "Warriors are going back to Cata" thread. Getting old, REEEALLY fast.
only real nerf is shockwave in arena and slightly less rage from stuns with second wind. everything else is buffs i dont understand what u read
Overpower !@#$ed our sustained damage
Time to go fury again.
02/01/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Silverburst
Sozlol

Don't be, with second wind being left alone we should still be fine.

02/01/2013 07:57 PMPosted by Blademastaz
Overpower !@#$ed our sustained damage

The 10 rage will be a little annoying. But the change to TfB is a buff to sustained.

02/01/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Faliz
Time to go fury again.

Fury has been better for pve, though arms should close the gap a little. For pvp it's tricky to tell right now, they both have pros and cons.
prot warriors are becoming worse...... how great is that. kill a tanking class thats already been having issues as it is
02/01/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Deadbeef
prot warriors are becoming worse...... how great is that. kill a tanking class thats already been having issues as it is

So, so wrong. Just...wrong.
02/01/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Deadbeef

What? A small nerf to Shield Barrier (which is honestly OP) and tiny, meaningless nerfs to SS/Rev are hardly going to break us. We're still arguably the best physical tank because Shield Block is massively OP, especially with more mastery.
An ability I macroed into Heroic Strike because I didn't really care about it. Meh.

Sure it's a nerf, but still an ability not many people care about (Hence why its going away *gasp*)

Again: Meh.
02/01/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Ëxecute
only real nerf is shockwave in arena and slightly less rage from stuns with second wind. everything else is buffs i dont understand what u read

Overpower costing 10 rage is a severe nerf in PvP.
Gonna make things clunky. Oh well.
If fury ends up being better than Arms for PvP then something will be terribly wrong but also strangely awesome at the same time because I can go fury for PvP and rock out.

Probably not though but I'm not really mad at the various nerfs because of the buffs elsewhere. Why they can't just nerf our burst a bit is beyond me considering that's what everyone seems to care about most while leaving other things alone or making us more dynamic with the rotation.
If fury ends up being better than Arms for PvP then something will be terribly wrong but also strangely awesome at the same time because I can go fury for PvP and rock out.

Probably not though but I'm not really mad at the various nerfs because of the buffs elsewhere. Why they can't just nerf our burst a bit is beyond me considering that's what everyone seems to care about most while leaving other things alone or making us more dynamic with the rotation.

Um, yes! PvP fury especially bgs. Nondisarmable reckstorms
02/01/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Faliz
Time to go fury again.

But doesn't fury have rage regen issues?
got to love those people attacking us like that
02/02/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Kishipsho
Time to go fury again.

But doesn't fury have rage regen issues?

Yes, and also having it's enrage dispelled doesn't help matters. As I understand it, a holy paladin can actually prevent fury from ever getting a raging blow that isn't from burning berserker rage.

Though fury will be able sit camp in dstance easier than arms with the free wild strike procs if nothing changes.
Camping d-stance will always be the superior option for warrior. Not because of pure mitigation; but because arms DPS is absolute dog !@#$ even in battle. Look at raid meters and it's easy to see; arms DPS is terrible and no PvE'r sits in defensive. Non-warriors saying go battle stance and you'll do damage don't really know what they're saying.

It'd be fine if they actually did buff arms DPS for PvP (Buffing MS, OP, Csmash and Heroic Strike. A big reason arms was so strong this patch is mainly due to heroic strike working with taste for blood; it allowed us to do our PvE damage potential while keeping hamstring applied. Something not very ideal when using slam). But, instead, they re-designed our rotation to be extremely clunky, rage dependent and still do dog %^-* damage while encouraging us to use slam, which any PvP warrior will know from experience: you barely have a free GCD to slam, and that GCD is much better spent on hamstring. In reality, they nerfed our PvP damage, survivability and our self+team peels.

Cata 2.0; oh well, we've been here before.