Rated Battleground Suspension Update

Battlegrounds
1 2 3 5 Next
Earlier this week, several player accounts were given short suspensions and had their ratings wiped for being involved in Rated Battleground win-trading. Upon further review, we determined that some of the players initially identified as cheating may not have purposefully participated in the exploitive behavior, and as a result, we're in the process of lifting suspensions and restoring ratings to all but the most egregious offenders. This process should be completed following the Tuesday maintenance.

As always, our goal is to identify cheaters while making sure people playing by the rules aren't inadvertently penalized. Rest assured that we'll continue to take action against players who aren't competing in the spirit of fair play.
Nakatoir 2013/01/30 12:39:00 PM:
"After a thorough investigation and liaising with multiple departments, we can confirm that the recent wave of actions taken against Rated Battleground exploitation and win trading are indeed correct. The team of investigators have made sure to avoid any false positives and we will not be overturning any of the actions taken.

We want you all to understand that the spirit of competition and fair play is especially important to us, particularly in regards to rated Player versus Player combat. As a part of this, we have now dealt with the issue that allowed some Rated Battleground teams to exploit the queuing system to gain high ratings and engage in win trading.

These, and all, exploitative activities are expressly prohibited. We are still investigating the situation carefully; any players that have taken part in exploitation or win trading will be subject to the appropriate action against their World of Warcraft accounts. For now however, we are working on resolving any remaining issues that still reside within the queue system so that this behavior will not occur again in the future."

lol... you guys need better communication within your department.
Nakatoir 2013/01/30 12:39:00 PM:
"After a thorough investigation and liaising with multiple departments, we can confirm that the recent wave of actions taken against Rated Battleground exploitation and win trading are indeed correct. The team of investigators have made sure to avoid any false positives and we will not be overturning any of the actions taken.

We want you all to understand that the spirit of competition and fair play is especially important to us, particularly in regards to rated Player versus Player combat. As a part of this, we have now dealt with the issue that allowed some Rated Battleground teams to exploit the queuing system to gain high ratings and engage in win trading.

These, and all, exploitative activities are expressly prohibited. We are still investigating the situation carefully; any players that have taken part in exploitation or win trading will be subject to the appropriate action against their World of Warcraft accounts. For now however, we are working on resolving any remaining issues that still reside within the queue system so that this behavior will not occur again in the future."

lol... you guys need better communication within your department.

Nakatoir is EU, Bashiok is US.

2 different regions / 2 different departments which could of lead to, 2 different outcomes.
Dat Logic.. ;)

EU Forums - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6534003364
Could you explain why bashiok posted on EU forums too then? fail.
Check out your own PvP ladder of top RBG players, sorted by wins (low to high).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/?sort=wins&dir=a

If your crack team can't figure this out with it staring you right in the face, I don't know what to say.
02/01/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Arcáx
Could you explain why bashiok posted on EU forums too then? fail.

Bashiok is the Head Community Manager if i do remember, he can access both US & EU.
You need to remove gear from obvious carries ie people who went from no rating achieves to 2400 in a day
I though EVERYONE who had their rating striped was guilty and you guys checked each and every one in great GREAT detail.
02/01/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Prometheium
I though EVERYONE who had their rating striped was guilty and you guys checked each and every one in great GREAT detail.

They didn't even get all the traders rofl there are still some really obvious ones up
I don't suppose you could give us some advice about what to do when we queue into people who are obviously cheating?
Oh, yeah, that really makes me want to start doing RBGs now that I know there exists a trend of innocent parties having action taken against their accounts.

+1 for coming out and admitting there was a goof and that it's being corrected, but it sounds like you guys are having trouble handling the situation effectively.
02/01/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Swampdonkeys
I don't suppose you could give us some advice about what to do when we queue into people who are obviously cheating?

Pretty much leave and lose rating..and probably a person or two because that's how frustrating RBGs can be, as it is.
Thank you for this. I looked around that day and was pretty annoyed to see that no win traders on my server, even an incredibly obvious one who was 10-0 and 2550 in pve blues (can only get 192 rating max normally, do the math here), were actually banned, while the players that I have both played with and against in RBGs were.

02/01/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Jugaa
Pretty much leave and lose rating

Except that would make you look like a win trader anyways. One team wins, the other team loses, and they trade places. Win trading, if you will.
I think this should be a clue to Blizzard that they need to look into a lot of their automated systems they use for banning etc. They clearly do not work. This ban wave managed to ban every player who unintentionally queued into win trade teams, while simultaneously not banning a single player who had intentionally engaged in it.

This was one of the most frustrating experienced I have ever had in regards to this game. Blizzards actions have left an entire community of players wrongfully accusing those of us who were banned. On a daily basis we now have to deal with people thinking we are win trading scum, exploiters etc all as a result of Blizzard wrongfully suspending us. Thanks for that Blizzard. Hope you issue an apology with the rating restoration, I think we all deserve it.
Blizzard doesn't review bans at all.

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/16rykx/wrongful_permanent_account_closure_need_reddits/

I love how you permanently banned my friends WoW account for the "dupe milling herb exploit" when all he did was DC himself cause someone told him it was possible to DC urself. AND he reported it via social media (twitter) and you guys perm banned him and won't restore it. And lost an 8 year wow account. yet LEGIT exploiters gets short suspensions?

Even a GM via PM told him "its not about wether it was intentional, but just that it happened, so ur banned and nothing will lift it"

What a joke this company is

If your crack team can't figure this out with it staring you right in the face, I don't know what to say.

Don't worry guys. Charax can take over by looking at a webpage and we can be sure she won't ban anybody that played legitimately.
02/01/2013 05:41 PMPosted by Swampdonkeys

Report them. Don't report them and their odds of getting caught are reduced.
Blizz i could link you about 100 wintraders right now that went from like 1600-2200 in a day. This is rediculous ban these people, they straight up cant even pass like 1600 in arena lol.

Don't worry guys. Charax can take over by looking at a webpage and we can be sure she won't ban anybody that played legitimately.

Well, I think when you earn more than 200 rating per win, it's a no brainer that shenanigans went on.