Dungeon difficulty setting keeps changing?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Since I finished the game on 1 toon, and have another just a couple bars from 90, I've been bored. To keep from canceling my account until the next expansion, I've been working on achievements to stay busy, and this included checking off dungeons and trying for mounts, pets, etc. that get dropped.

I'm pretty new to dungeons...have done a few on Normal level, but only recently started soloing Heroics. I'm trying for the mount drop in Stratholme, so am trying to do runs until I get it. If I understand correctly, I'm limited to running it once a day on Heroic, so I'm switching between my 3 higher level toons (the ones I can easily solo it with). I did it tonight with my hunter and DK, but when I tried with my Rogue, it keeps switching back to Normal difficulty level. Is there some limit I'm not aware of? I select Heroic before going into the dungeon, but as soon as I pass through the entrance, a message comes up that it was reset to Normal. I'm not grouped with anyone.

Edit: I read one description of this which said the Deathcharger only drops on Heroic; and another that implied this dungeon can only be run on Normal. Odd that I ran it 4 times before tonight and I stayed on Heroic (3 different toons, and one of the toons on a different night).
Unless I have lost track of a instance their is no heroic version of strat.

Their is CoT strat but thats a completely difference instance.

Put it on normal and run it 5 times an hour, be careful to not lock yourself out of other instanced content.
Ok first of all, stratholme doesn't have a heroic mode. Only BC/Wotlk/Cata/MoP dungeons, and a select few vanilla dungeons that got revamped to have a heroic version do.

Even if you set it to heroic, you still zone into normal, because heroic stratholme doesn't exist.

Second of all

02/04/2013 08:40 PMPosted by Deezsneak
Since I finished the game on 1 toon,

Getting to level cap (In this case, 90) is the beginning, not the end.
Ok first of all, stratholme doesn't have a heroic mode. Only BC/Wotlk/Cata/MoP dungeons, and a select few vanilla dungeons that got revamped to have a heroic version do.

Even if you set it to heroic, you still zone into normal, because heroic stratholme doesn't exist.

Second of all

Since I finished the game on 1 toon,

Getting to level cap (In this case, 90) is the beginning, not the end.

Thanks all. That answered the question.

As for "not the end"...there is nowhere to go unless I want to repeat the same quests I already did on a different toon...which I do, to some extent, which is why I have three higher level toons. I can't stand grouping...nobody has the patience to teach how to gear and run them, so I only do what I can solo, just for the achievements. I like the game, not the fluff they try to use to keep us occupied until the next expansion comes out. Doing the same dailies over and over is pointless, as is doing the same with the same dungeons over and over. I'll do a few until I get bored, while soloing for certain drops...but that is it.
02/04/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Deezsneak
I can't stand grouping...nobody has the patience to teach how to gear and run them, so I only do what I can solo, just for the achievements.

Part of the fun of new expansions is having a group of friends or guildies to run new dungeons and figure out the fights on your own. It kinda sucks coming in late without that like-minded group to work on fights when others expect everyone to know everything.

As for gearing, there are folks with great patience that post guides in class forums. These people put lots of effort into their guides, even coming up with lists of pieces of gear to hunt for in each slot and where to get it. Most of it is from dungeons and I get how running dungeons over and over can get boring.

Maybe there's more you can get from the game.