Specializations

Rogue
So I've been thinking of making a rogue. Can someone explain to me the difference between the specs?
Briefly as possible:

Assassination: Daggers. High poison damage. Strong aoe/single target.

Combat: Slow weps. Physical damage. Good cleave damage.

Subtlety: Daggers. Physical damage. Strong bleeds. Shorter cooldowns. Favored for PVP/ tricky in PVE.
Also sub has positional requirements for some attacks, making it a rough leveling spec, and less optimal in some PVE encounters.
02/06/2013 05:59 PMPosted by Alvaro
Subtlety: Daggers. Physical damage. Strong bleeds.

Physical damage. Strong bleeds.

Strong bleeds.

wat
Yes, it is strong bleeds, remember Sanguinary Veins gives 50% more Rupture damage
Combat: If you wish to use non daggers then this is the spec for you. Characterized by high passive energy returns and can get pretty fast paced with high amounts of haste. It's current strengths are cleave damage (though changes coming) and being able to get more cooldowns out via restless blades.

Assassination: This spec uses two daggers and has the strongest poisons of the three. This spec is characterized by a slower pace then combat. It's current strengths are that it is the spec with easiest upkeep of slice and dice and the best many target aoe.

Subtlety: This spec is best used with two daggers and is characterized by utilizing stealth related abilities more then the others. This spec can hit rather hard if played right and requires a bit more awareness then the other specs. One draw back to this tree is that their hardest hitting abilities can only be used behind a target.
02/06/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Ongbak
Yes, it is strong bleeds, remember Sanguinary Veins gives 50% more Rupture damage

Right... I was thinking hemo bleed LOL
02/07/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Rainymood

Right... I was thinking hemo bleed LOL

Hey man 100 ticks aint no joke.
I've been interested in making a rogue too, for the last 6 years, but I can't really differentiate them from what i've seen, there should just be 2 specs IMO.
Assasination / Combat
being subtle is already implied by Assasination and they both prefer daggers from what i read, they both also focus on the similar mechanic of bleed/poison, the only noticable diference is that subtly is not prefered for pve, but if they were to just fuse this spec with the prefered pve spec, assasination, then you'll have a more viable pve/pvp spec. and they can also enhance combat w/o the confusing overlap in spec roles.
I've been interested in making a rogue too, for the last 6 years, but I can't really differentiate them from what i've seen, there should just be 2 specs IMO.
Assasination / Combat
being subtle is already implied by Assasination and they both prefer daggers from what i read, they both also focus on the similar mechanic of bleed/poison, the only noticable diference is that subtly is not prefered for pve, but if they were to just fuse this spec with the prefered pve spec, assasination, then you'll have a more viable pve/pvp spec. and they can also enhance combat w/o the confusing overlap in spec roles.

O_* =wincing

I think you misunderstand the way Sub works.
Yes Sub's bleeds are strong but they aren't the point of the spec. Sub is about maximizing the dmg output of your active spells, (BS, Amb, Evis, etc). It also has extremely strong CC capability compared to Mut.
If you tried to combine Mut and Sub you'd get a spec that either fails to accomplish everything that those two specs currently do, or you'd have the most OP thing in the world (in PvP environments).
Each spec has a summary on its play style right in game
I think it was Timat that likened playing Mut to maintaining a machine. Stay on target, keep up Slice and Dice and Rupture with Envenom in between. The rest takes care of itself.

I rather liked that description, as sad as all the passive damage is.
Sub (in addition to what was mentioned earlier):

Has bonuses from stealth and several seconds after stealth.
    Gains Find Weakness on your target after an opener (ambush / cheap shot / garrote), allowing your attacks to ignore 70% of armor for 10 seconds.

Generates combo points from your and your party/raid members critical hits, max one per two seconds or so. With 10+ players in your raid you will get combo points consistently.

Uses shadow dance every 60 seconds in order to increase damage output.
Has stronger Ruptures and gains a global bonus to damage on targets that have one of your ruptures, crimson temptest bleeds, or garrote bleeds.
Generates bonus combo points from stealth or during shadow dance using premeditation.
Mastery focuses on increasing finishing damage or slice and dice speed.
Slice and dice increases energy regeneration.

I'm not advocating, just laying out the basics of sub.