the Sky Claw let down

Professions
I'm not usually one to complain, especially about engineering, I love the job that's been done with the profession from the get go. But the most recent endeavor into engineer mounts has been truly disappointing. I stayed silent when the first two came out for MoP. In my honest opinion they looked like garbage in relation to the mats required to craft them. Considering they cost upwards of 100,000g to make i was hoping for something a little more epic or unique, but i just enjoyed my ever cheaper, more creative and unique jewel crafting mounts instead, and waited. Then I see "Sky Claw" I was legitimately looking forward to it, hell I already had the mats put together the moment the recipe was announced. This thing had to be sweet, described as a helicopter that sported a passenger.

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/348044.jpg

this is the only screenshot I've found of it from our dedicated PTR players. And I have to admit, I am more than disappointed in the lack of effort on Blizzard's part, to honestly recycle pyrite transport bots from Ulduar.... really? you couldn't have taken this opportunity to do something a tad bit original, maybe even revamp or redo the original helicopter mount.

Can anyone please confirm this is actually what it looks like? I'm in a state of disbelief.
I'm guessing that's just a placeholder model, I would "think" with the material cost and what have you that they would make it look snazzy enough...
The Sky Claw is described as a two person mount, so I doubt that's it.
02/03/2013 09:10 AMPosted by Texyn
you couldn't have taken this opportunity to do something a tad bit original, maybe even revamp or redo the original helicopter mount.

How the heck would be revamping the old helicopter mount be original?

Some peeps are speculating that much like Vial of the Sands, you actually get turned into the claw, and then can airlift players around. Sounds cool to me.
I can't even tell what that thing is, from that screenshot.
Ah

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/190250.jpg

Same thing? Yeah I can't see how that is a mount. Where would even ONE player sit?

------------

LOLS, yeah if you can't really see you and its just holding the passenger in the claw:

Win.
If you turn into that and pick people up in the claw - Best Mount Evar.
I would fathom that picture is a (fan-submitted) picture of the standard claws already flying around. We probably have yet to see the actual model for this mount.
As someone who's also been putting together the mats frantically, I'm gonna burst a !@#$%^-* if THIS is the sky claw.

Especially after the enormous let-down with the Depleted-Kyparium Rocket being completely misrepresented and having the texture changed to look ridiculous and the actionbar being removed.

Getting kind of frustrated with Blizz's seeming obsession to make engineers angry.
02/03/2013 11:47 AMPosted by Chaffy
I'm guessing that's just a placeholder model, I would "think" with the material cost and what have you that they would make it look snazzy enough...

That's what we said about these 12 SOH, 12 Living Steel, 12 Trillium mounts...(unless you went Goblin and got a cheaper mount)
Oh look its a ceiling fan...
lol i really hope the sky claw dosent look like that but yea the Depleted-Kyparium Rocket looks way better than that !@#$ty gnome one
I doubt this will even be seen in game before the 5.3 patch. However, be happy that engineering is even GETTING another mount this expansion. I am personally of the opinion that the first two were only added as after thoughts to give into the requests of the playerbase. And as one of those players requesting the mounts, my main suggestion for justifying them was as player gold sinks.

Do I like the 100k gold price tag? No. But without it, I wouldn't have the option of buying the mount in the first place. Nor would I be happy about hoping on my brand new shiny mount only to see everyother player in Org riding around on it.

It is a vanity item. If you aren't willing to pay for it, you don't have to. If you don't like how it looks, you don't even have to buy it.
I doubt this will even be seen in game before the 5.3 patch. However, be happy that engineering is even GETTING another mount this expansion. I am personally of the opinion that the first two were only added as after thoughts to give into the requests of the playerbase. And as one of those players requesting the mounts, my main suggestion for justifying them was as player gold sinks.

Do I like the 100k gold price tag? No. But without it, I wouldn't have the option of buying the mount in the first place. Nor would I be happy about hoping on my brand new shiny mount only to see everyother player in Org riding around on it.

It is a vanity item. If you aren't willing to pay for it, you don't have to. If you don't like how it looks, you don't even have to buy it.

I have the mats for it. The kicker on this mount: its cheaper in value than the crappy 5.0 mounts, but takes longer to farm the materials.
Hey man, be a leatherworker so you don't even have to worry about mounts
I'm actually LW/Eng, double craft = better stats

I don't think they're waiting till 5.3 considering the mats required are apart of the new discovery style recipes. I haven't really known blizzard to put those types of things into the ptr that wasn't planned for the next patch.

and Lukage is right its a time based creation, which is where it gets its value, I'm not sure what all the other recipes are that require the 1day CD to craft the parts but it alone, it should take a month to make. not to mention its more than likely a rare discovery or a drop to get the schematic.

its a time sink, and now-a-days when a hard worker can get 100k in a week or two, I would hope time sinks would be as valuable and beautiful as they've always been, but as mentioned perfectly before.

02/13/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Sydare
Oh look its a ceiling fan...

I don't want to spend a month building a ceiling fan, and I guess I should have mentioned the biggest frustration was all the other bad !@# engineeringesque mounts I see throughout the game that are unobtainable would have been preferable. Hell, the plane that fits two people, I've been waiting for that schematic since I first saw it.

I'm hoping some of the guesses are right, this SS is not the true mount but merely a guess, though considering the background looks Like the cliffs in Orgrimmar and not Ulduar, my hopes are low.
Wowhead seems to indicate that the Sky Claw is no longer a two-person mount.
Disappointing.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=95416#comments
Not sure what you're reading, but the link to it on the WoWhead PRT still says "fly fast and carry an ally".
Just wonderful another passenger mount that will be a complete failure in old world if you carry a passenger and cross over into a zone with CRZ going and it throws your passenger off ....thus getting them killed if your high up.....what a waste....
02/25/2013 04:25 AMPosted by Moused
Just wonderful another passenger mount that will be a complete failure in old world if you carry a passenger and cross over into a zone with CRZ going and it throws your passenger off ....thus getting them killed if your high up.....what a waste....

Wow, that can happen? Sweet, I need to get a 2-seater and start giving people rides.