Shade of Aran isn't there?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I don't know if I'm missing something or not but I'm trying to run Karazhan and I'm at the point where I have to get the journal for the quest off of Shade of Aran. I have the quest and when I look in my raid info it says the boss is still available, but when I go in the room he's not there. Is there something else I have to do to summon him?

Thanks.
He's still there
Did you kill all the bosses previous to him?
I thought you couldn't access parts of the tower beyond the compulsory bosses until they were killed.
Required bosses for progression are Moroes, Opera, Curator, and Chess. All others are considered "optional," though any bosses past any of the required ones may not spawn. I honestly haven't just tried to run past these bosses when clearing it in the past, so no idea what actually happens when you do.

Opera and Chess doors are the only ones that actually block access, however. My guess is Curator must be killed for Shade to spawn.
I got this quest after clearing Karazhan. I already killed the guy and sold anything he dropped . Do I have to start all over?