Engineering

Professions
I don't know which to go i can't decide on Goblin or Gnomish Engineering. which is the best or what does each have to offer
Gnomish is fun little gadgets. Goblin go BOOM!
As an engineer myself...either one is equally useless, so just decide which fun little things you would rather use. Either way, be prepared that they often don't work as intended and often will do more harm than good.

Of great fun are the portals, where you will go somewhere, but have no control over where and will only find out when you actually get there. More often than not, you end up far from where you want to go and now have to spend even more time flying to your intended location.
The only really relevant thing either has is the teleports to either Area 52/Everlook (Goblin) or Toshley's Station/Gadgetzan (Gnomish), but really the old world teleports are devalued because of the Cataclysm portals.
you all forget the pets, goblin only personal world destroyer. Or Gnomish disarmed mechanical bunny...
Definitely not a huge difference at 90 either way as people have already mentioned.

The biggest difference for me was the newish rocket mounts. Goblin gets the Depleted Kyparium Rocket while Gnomish gets the Geosynchronous Worldspinner.

It's also pretty easy to switch.

So, you know, show your (theoretical) support for things that go boom!
No one ever gives good advice on this question. If your decision factors in more than the mounts and the teleporter locations, then Gnomish is generally the better option. This isn't race-bias, I have Goblin toons and Goblin Engineers as well, even a Gnome one.

The reason why Gnomish Engineering is generally better is because unlike Goblin a lot of the fun stuff isn't consumable, so you don't have to keep remaking them. Things like the anti-gravity well and the world enlarger don't become obsolete at 90, and things like the shrink ray are still fun for lowbies.

Goblin Engineering consists mostly of consumables that become obsolete at 90. The only good explosives at 90 aren't school specific, (such as frost grenades for mages). Goblin may be good for a twink though.
"Either way, be prepared that they often don't work as intended and often will do more harm than good."

Yes, seems to happen more often than not while in PvP.
I enjoy engineering. I'm a Gnome with gnomish engineering. I love all the little gadgets i can use like the Poultryizer. Nothing better than turning a horde toon into a chicken while in pvp. The Gnomish Death Ray and Gnomish shrink ray are fun gadgets to play with. creating bombs and guns. there are mounts and critters.
One thing i've learned is hunters and enginering is a perfect combo. you can make guns and bombs and trinkets. you also have armor you can make. thats just my opinion.
Using basic hints, I think Goblin Glider is a goblin-only tinker, but I could be wrong... anyway, if you go goblin, you get what is by far the best escape mechanism I've ever seen. You go into slowfall, but you can steer yourself for two minutes and you're going at the speed of an epic flyer. It can be used indoors and in combat.

The thing is dynamite. If I had no other reason to go Goblin, that would have been it.
02/04/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Seema
I don't know which to go i can't decide on Goblin or Gnomish Engineering. which is the best or what does each have to offer

Totally moot at level 90.

Look at where the portals go for each, in the old world (BC?) That is about the only difference at level 90.

Otherwise, its what rocket mount you would like to MAKE; You can BUY either, but you can only make the respective gnome or goblin one.
The Goblin glider is also gnomish engineering.
Oh.

Do Goblin anyway. \o/
Goblin engineers (wealthy ones) get to make a doom rocket at 90. The gnomish equivalent looks like garbage.

Gnomish does have some interesting toys though, like Gnomish Cloaking Device which has an hour cooldown but never, ever fails and is usable in combat.