Warlock quest chain is a letdown.

Warlock
Next time, Blizz, if you say you are going to "complete" something, do it. Don't cheat us out of something and say that it was going as intended. The Warlock questline could have been a multi patch adventure, but you guys cut out 70% of it and delayed it for an entire patch for NO REASON. Sure, we get green fire, but it feels hollow. There is nothing "epic" about a half finished dud of a questline. It is just lame, lazy and pathetic.
Ok, one question, where is your proof that they cut 70% out of a quest chain that we knew nothing about beyond the reward being green fire spells before 5.2 PTR?
02/06/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Renryuu
Ok, one question, where is your proof that they cut 70% out of a quest chain that we knew nothing about beyond the reward being green fire spells before 5.2 PTR?

http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44040&page=6

Basically, Xelnath spilled the beans on the whole questline almost getting chopped. As it is currently implemented, we get a half finished quest chain.
If this is all true than I am severely disappointed, I was REALLY looking forward to this chain. I could handle all the nerfs -or whatever you want to call them at this point since there's so much debate over them -but the butchering of the chain is just a total let down for me. :(

Thanks for destroying something completely cool Blizz!
Next time, Blizz, if you say you are going to "complete" something, do it. Don't cheat us out of something and say that it was going as intended. The Warlock questline could have been a multi patch adventure, but you guys cut out 70% of it and delayed it for an entire patch for NO REASON. Sure, we get green fire, but it feels hollow. There is nothing "epic" about a half finished dud of a questline. It is just lame, lazy and pathetic.
It's cuz all they see from the forums is people whining and complaining that they don't want the questline to be hard because they want everyone to have it, even the level 1 re roll locks.

If you don't want WoW to pander to the whiners, then show your opinion BEFORE things like this happen, not after. Seemed like I was the only one ever saying that it would be stupid to make this quest line easy, then got bashed for pages saying I was being elitist.

Oh well. It's just a game.
The only thing that annoys me is how they said they were postponing it a patch to have the entire questline in 1 large piece, rather than 2 smaller ones.
02/06/2013 09:17 PMPosted by Methalos
The only thing that annoys me is how they said they were postponing it a patch to have the entire questline in 1 large piece, rather than 2 smaller ones.
And they got feedback during that entire wait period that seemingly no one wanted it to be a difficult quest. They give the people what they want for the most part, unfortunately it's just that the vocal majority tends to be the complainers.
02/06/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Loktronotron
And they got feedback during that entire wait period that seemingly no one wanted it to be a difficult quest. They give the people what they want for the most part, unfortunately it's just that the vocal majority tends to be the complainers.

I didn't see ANYBODY saying it shouldn't be a long, difficult questline -- and I was sitting in general most all of 5.1 =P.

The general consensus has been that we want the epic questchain.
I'm hoping there will be at least one quest that pits you against an elite that tests your competence at the class, much like the rogue legendary dagger quests or in an easier vein, the monk class quests. We are definitely one of the better soloing classes, so I wonder what kind of unique challenges they could utilize.
02/06/2013 11:02 PMPosted by Dolofane
I didn't see ANYBODY saying it shouldn't be a long, difficult questline -- and I was sitting in general most all of 5.1 =P.
It wasn't in general, it was in this forum. Plenty of threads saying that it better not be some quest you have to farm for etc. People were saying that it was stupid that only 90s could potentially do it, and it should be something that even low levels could do. I didn't see one thread on the warlock forum saying that people were hoping it was some epic questline spanning multiple patched. In fact, I am willing to bet that if they came out yesterday and said you wouldn't complete the quest until 5.3 or something, the complainers on this forum would've flipped out. Can't say how it was in general, but I can say that on the warlock forums (who the quest is for), there were waaaay more complaints asking for it to be dumbed down than positive threads.

02/07/2013 12:36 AMPosted by Gothitelle
I'm hoping there will be at least one quest that pits you against an elite that tests your competence at the class, much like the rogue legendary dagger quests or in an easier vein, the monk class quests. We are definitely one of the better soloing classes, so I wonder what kind of unique challenges they could utilize.
The Tarecgosa quest was like that. I remember having to change around talents and glyphs just for the fight, learning and trying different things about the class that I had never really had to use before. Unless you were pretty decently geared, that quest was a pain (especially for Destro, Affliction had it a lot easier). I remember feeling so dejected because I just couldn't kill it, but then I learned some tricks with my class, kept pushing at it, and finally killed the stupid dragon and completed the quest. That was rewarding, this won't be. Might as well make green fire an inscription glyph at this point.
02/07/2013 12:36 AMPosted by Gothitelle

Kanrethad seems fairly challenging. Especially with no UI, no mods and 1200 MS latency...
I didn't think the Tarecgosa was necessarily 'challenging', but definitely interesting and enjoyable. The quest lines that I truly enjoyed was the infernal and dreadsteed quests. There was just something that seemed truly unique about those quests and the fact that they took quite some time and effort to achieve.

Personally, I would love kiting 6-7 mobs that one shot me while enslaving one, banishing one, fearing another, but I don't think everyone else would feel the same which is why the solo content has never been to that extreme. Regardless if I enjoy really difficult content, not everyone does. So, I don't think that making the quest lines 'more challenging' is really the issue, but making the quest line FEEL 'epic' and enjoyable for the vast number of players.

Anyways, instead of making this a solely negative thread, what are you all looking for in your 'epic' quest line. What can make a quest feel 'epic' to you? (If you say challenging make comparisons of what is challenging for you to solo)

I would like the following:
  • A couple of unique fights that utilize abilities unique to warlocks such as banish, enslave demon, fear, pet utilization (seduce)
  • Interesting/cool cinematics
  • Takes at least 3 hours to complete after receiving the quest item
  • Possibly one fight that involves other players - it is always enjoyable for me to share epic experiences with friends
  • 02/07/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Loktronotron
    Might as well make green fire an inscription glyph at this point.

This is so true. If the quest line doesn't have a "challenge" to it, or is "epic" (including cutscenes and lore intensive story line), then the quest line is going to be annoying and a waste of time; just like how dailies feel. Between all the dailies and grinding, does everyone really want to be bothered with a tedious/simple quest line? Intricate quest lines that take you away from the mundane dailies/heroics are what make the game from getting stale. So I rather just spend the gold to buy the glyph and save myself the time, energy, and disappointment.
    02/07/2013 06:57 AMPosted by Surandra
    The quest lines that I truly enjoyed was the infernal and dreadsteed quests.

I miss those, and the Doomguard ones. So lame that all those got taken out with Cata I believe. I don't really care much about them adding in this green fire, but I do agree 100% that if they're going to add it then it needs to be done right. Judging by the disappointment from the people from what's implemented in the PTR so far it sounds like they did a poor job with that and it isn't right even if the whole thing is exclusively for warlocks.
    Shame demonology warlocks can't bind a pitlord to themselves :P
    I wish Blizzard would figure out the concept of implementation for certain events:

Implementation is the process that turns strategies and plans into actions in order to accomplish strategic objectives and goals. Implementing your strategic plan is as important, or even more important, than your strategy.

It seems that certain events, such as the Fall of Theramore and the Warlock quest line, have been poorly implemented.
    If they just chop the quest line to bits then I think I'd rather just automatically get green fire.

If they were able to put the entire thing through patches that would be better than just getting green fire.
    If they just chop the quest line to bits then I think I'd rather just automatically get green fire.

If they were able to put the entire thing through patches that would be better than just getting green fire.

Agreed. They also scrapped the Warlock Island, too. A shame they listened to the whiners instead of making it a worthwhile experiance.
    02/07/2013 06:57 AMPosted by Surandra
    I didn't think the Tarecgosa was necessarily 'challenging', but definitely interesting and enjoyable.

Nexus aried from class to class. Shamans had a moderate time with it. Took me 2-3 attempts, and my kill was reincarnating and reengaging before he despawned. Mages apparently had a loleasy time, and I remember our spriest throwing a tantrum for awhile. Boomkins apparently had it rough as well, and I guess warlocks didn't have too bad of a time.