A CRZ-Free Server

General Discussion
1 2 3 22 Next
TLDR
Ravenholdt - CRZ free, RP-PvP

The Good
For those of who do not like CRZ, Ravenholdt is a RP-PvP server in the EST Timezone. While we occasionally see cross-realm grouping, apparently we do not CRZ with anyone, since we're the only RP-PvP server in our datacenter/timezone. We're one of the few CRZ-free servers in the entire game.

If you can respect the RPers and can tolerate light PvP (at the moment), then I suggest you roll a level 1 and check it out. We don't require you to RP, but we like it when you do (within limits).

The Bad
Our population is heavily skewed toward the Horde. We mostly need to shore up Alliance numbers to boost activity in everything. That said, Horde is welcome here, too.

http://wow.realmpop.com/us-ravenholdt.html

There are servers even further out of balance, but at the moment, Alliance is pretty thin on the ground. The Alliance economy is out of whack as well, due to a low population on that faction. It will require some fixing, which we can't do without more players. So ... there's that.

PvP is kind of eccentric here. For whatever reason, we're kind of PvP-light. While PvP does happen, it's not all that often and we seem to like it that way. I'm not suggesting we don't need more PvP, but don't expect a lot of response at first. We're just not in that mindset anymore.

The Ugly
We used to have a weird reputation for some freaky RP, but the perpetrators either left or quit, so I personally have neither seen nor heard of any of that for quite a while. But don't say you weren't warned.

We are fairly adamant about policing our community, however, and if you start disrespecting RPers, we will report you and make your life suck within the limits of the game.

The Strange (opinion)
Ravenholdt-US is a weird server that sort of exists in it's own little world. I am of the opinion that we don't seem to worry about what happens in the larger game much (ie., rankings, etc.). We're in competition with our own community and what happens elsewhere stays there.

The Awesome
We have some very welcoming people here and we do want you to check it out and if you like it, you're welcome to stay and have fun.

All of the problems that exist (economy, population) can be fixed with a little patience and cooperation.

If you have question, I will do my best to answer them.

In-game, I am currently playing on Stuyvesant (Alliance rogue) after 7pm server if you wish to chat.

Look to our server forums for others who may act in an advisory or ambassadorial capacity.
----

Why we are CRZ-free:
Blizzard's policy ATM is to only match like servers (PvP to PvP, RP to RP, etc) in the same datacenter/timezone when doing CRZ to avoid lag issues as much as possible. We are the only RP-PvP server in our timezone, thusly, we are defacto CRZ-free. While Blizzard does occasionally change policies, I suspect we will continue to be CRZ-free for quite some time. Mechanically, they would have to move our server or do a number of other things that would cause technical problems. Also, mixing standard RP or PvP servers with an RP-PvP server would cause problems in community and other areas.
Ravenholdt: What happens here, stays here.
you make a pretty poor argument for trying to convince people to come to your realm... next time try lying.
02/07/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Orneryboy
you make a pretty poor argument for trying to convince people to come to your realm... next time try lying.

CRZ-free is a pretty strong argument.
that's not really an argument so much as an opinion
02/07/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Lukar
CRZ-free is a pretty strong argument.

Funny thing, actually.

A friend of mine plays on Ravenholdt. I was looking for a new realm to move to, and Ravenholdt got brought up as a possibility..

Until I found out that there's no CRZ there. That alone took Ravenholdt out of the options for me, because despite the naysayers - I actually very much enjoy CRZ and welcome it to the game.
Ravenholdt is in my timezone, so that's an additional plus for me. I also like that you're PvP light.

CRZ-free is a big deal for me....but are you gluten-free too?
I've got to admit, CRZ-free is a very convincing argument for some at this juncture.

What realm does not have problems? Moon Guard is one such case. Like Wyrmrest Accord, we're both pretty big servers, hence you must pick and choose much like a buffet, and carefully.

Do we have bads? Yes. But thankfully those can be easily avoided with common sense.
Until I found out that there's no CRZ there. That alone took Ravenholdt out of the options for me, because despite the naysayers - I actually very much enjoy CRZ and welcome it to the game.

Some people enjoy it, others don't. I have no opinion because Ravenholdt is my only home, because I can't bring myself to leave this weird eclectic community.

But for those who don't like CRZ, Ravenholdt offers you a place without it.
I'm somewhat intrigued...
02/07/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Orneryboy

Honesty is the best policy. Marketing is second best.

I'd rather have people come to our server with eyes open than show up with unrealistic expectations.
02/07/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Orneryboy

You have a strange definition of argument and opinion.
You guys have it lucky! :( If only it didn't have the PvP in here... *huff* I hate CRZ with a burning passion, but it's not enough to make me go to a server where i'm flagged all the time. :/ Good luck though!
02/07/2013 09:53 AMPosted by Orneryboy

It's an opinion if you log in to such servers and find them plentiful.....just log on to my server or his server an tell me is our opinion that our realms aren't dead and perhaps CRZ is broken because I never see any people nor anything that other players complain about CRZ....other than the bugs on norththread.

There are CRZ-free realms not sure why because of what people have explain on how crz works. But yeah maiev is another CRZ-free realm.
All servers should be cross-free. The moment I fly to Pandaria, the game feels normal because there aren't any strangers running around, and it becomes an enclosed community.
Can I get a list of servers that are CRZ free?

Honesty is the best policy. Marketing is second best.

I'd rather have people come to our server with eyes open than show up with unrealistic expectations.

What Durh said.

No rubber-banding effects. No lag at zone borders.

I can use my multi-passenger mounts to carry people and they don't die at the borders.

The Northrend spirit beasts are still out there to be tamed. TLPD is still out there, too. I never see anyone camping it.

I see old world rares all the time.

Outland has fel iron and adamantite.

When I use a flight path and see pets, they're still there when I land. Including the Scourged Whelpling, Minfernal and the Arctic Fox Kit.

@Akavir: RH and The Venture Company, both RP-PvP. As far as I know, that's it.
I noticed your post from the other thread about CRZ, and that got me interested in this.

I'll be starting an Alliance character there once I get back from work.